37: The snowball of '84. (end of season 2)

(Here's a little mood board I made for ideas for your outfit)

Y/n's pov

One month after El closed the gate.

I was just finishing up my hair when there was a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in!" I called, not getting up from where I was sitting in front of my mirror.

My mom gently opened the door, closing it behind her.

"Hi mom." I smiled, spraying my head with its thousandth coat of hairspray.

"Hi honey." My mom said, sitting down on the end of my bed.

I turned around and looked at her.

She looked like she could cry.

"Oh, mom. Don't cry. It's not that big of a deal." I insisted, sitting down next to her.

"I know, I know. It's just... You're so grown up now. I don't think I can handle it." She said, a single tear escaping her eye.

She quickly wiped it away and shook her head, snapping out of her sadness.

"Okay! Do you need help with anything?" She asked.

"Um, yeah actually. Can you help me with my eyeshadow?" I asked, sitting down at my vanity once more.

My mom set to work on my makeup and finished in about five minutes.

I put on some shimmery lip gloss and spun around in my chair.

"How do I look?" I asked with a giddy smile, smoothing down the fabric of my dress.

"Absolutely beautiful." My mom said, standing back.

Suddenly, we heard our doorbell ring.

"DING DONG."

"That must be El and Hopper!" I remembered, slipping on my shoes and racing downstairs.

"Wait, wait, wait!" My mom called out, running down the stairs after me.

I sighed and turned around.

My eyes widened when I saw her walk down the last step with her camera in her hands.

I shook my head quickly.

"No. No!" I objected.

"Oh, come on! Just a few!" She urged as my dad came over, sipping on some coffee.

"Fine." I grumbled, standing still.

"Smile!" My mom said cheerfully as my dad chuckled.

I smiled probably a thousand times until my cheeks hurt, before opening the door.

"El!" I exclaimed happily, pulling the girl into a warm hug.

"Y/n." She said with a smile.

I pulled away to look at her.