24: The lab.

Y/n's pov

Steve, Dustin, Lucas, Max and I continued to walk down a steep hill, following the cries of the Demogorgons to the lab.

"How much longer?" Max asked with a groan.

Steve huffed, stepping over another tree root to avoid tripping.

"Jesus, if one of you little shits asks me that one more time." Steve said slightly quietly.

"Sheesh, sorry your majesty!" Max replied in an irritated voice.

"I didn't know you-" Max started to say, but Steve quickly cut her off with a quiet "shut up."

"What?" Max asked, slightly taken aback.

"Shhh!" Steve said, motioning in front of him where we heard sounds.

More like voices.

"Who's there?" The person asked, and I was able to make out who it was.

Jonathan.

"Who's there?!" Jonathan called again.

I ran ahead of Steve, despite his whispered protests for me to 'get back here' and out of the forest, over to where Jonathan and Nancy were standing.

"Nancy!" I exclaimed with a smile.

Since I had always been her brothers only friend who was a girl, she was nicer to me, and more like a sister.

She hugged me and I hugged back, letting go and hugging Jonathan, who also hugged back.

Just as I let go, the rest of the group came clambering out of the forest, Steve first.

"Uh, y/n? Where'd you go!?" Steve called as he slowed to a halt, seeing me standing by Nancy and Jonathan.

"Steve?!" Nancy and Jonathan asked in perfect unison, both in utter confusion and surprise.

"Nancy?" Steve asked, his eyes landing on the familiar brunette.

"Jonathan?" Dustin asked, looking at the older Byers boy.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked. she did not sound very pleased to see Steve.

"What are you doing here?" Steve asked back, slightly raising his arms as the group walked over to us.

"We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy said, putting a hand on my shoulder as they came right up to us.

"They're not in there are they?" Dustin and I asked at the same time, looking to the lab.

"We're not sure." Nancy said in slight confusion.

"Why?" Jonathan asked.

As if on cue, dozens of howls, growls, shrieks and screeches erupted from the lab, echoing down to us.

We all turned to face the lab as our hearts pounded faster than before.

Word count: 400