19: Preparation for the day to come.

Y/n's pov

The next morning, Dustin and I woke up to find ourselves cuddled together and that Mrs. Henderson had yet again left to try and find Mews.

We sprung apart and walked in awkward silence to the kitchen.

There was a note on the counter that said, 'good morning dusty and y/n/n. I hope my two favourite adorable children had a good sleep. I've gone to look for Mews and I probably won't be back all day. Dusty, you can sleep-over wherever you want and you know where the money jar is. I hope you two have a wonderful day and I'll miss you both. See you later, my dears. Xoxoxoxo, mom.'

"Wow, that must've taken her ages to write." I said as we ate our cereal.

"Oh yeah, Steve's coming in half an hour to get us." Dustin said.

"Okay, do you think I can head over to my house for a second to get some things? I wasn't really prepared to go monster hunting." I said.

"Oh! Yeah, your parents called and said they were spending a couple days at the... uh, Walters? They asked if you could stay here and my mom said that it was fine." Dustin said.

"Oh, okay. Those are friends of my parent's. I'll just have to get some clothes and stuff." I said, putting my empty bowl in the sink.

"Okay, I'll get ready while you do that. Take your radio in case. I don't really like the idea of either of us being alone in a house while Dart's on the loose." Dustin said, tossing me my supercom.

"Okay, thanks." I said, walking out the door.

I got to my house and retrieved the spare key under the doormat that only the party knew about, unlocking my front door and walking inside.

I stepped onto the hardwood floor and flicked on some lights, walking to the kitchen.

I got 12 D batteries just in case and walked up my carpeted stairs to my room.

I reached in my nightstand drawer and pulled out my Walkman.

This thing had been through hell and back, one time Dustin had even sat on it and broke it, but luckily the nice man named Bob at radio shack was able to repair it, I think Will's mom is dating him, but besides the point.

I grabbed my 'y/n's awesome mixtape' cassette and my 'kickass mix' from Jonathan and lastly my headphones, placing all my things into a green backpack.

I put a map, some money, my first aid kit, some chocolate for Dustin and my batteries in it.

*CHHHH*

"Are you still alive in there?" I heard Dustin's voice break through the static of my walkie.

I chuckled at his statement before replying.

"Yes, I'm coming back right now." I said, placing the radio into my bag.

I ran down the stairs with my backpack, grabbing a warmer sweater from the coat rack and flying out the door, struggling to lock it and heading for the house next door.

I burst in the door, way too aggressively and Dustin yelled "Jesus!" Before putting his backpack on his back again as I walked up to him.

I readjusted his hat, like I often did, brushing a curl out of his face with my finger.

He turned an awful bright shade of red and we both slightly inched closer to each other when suddenly there was a loud knock at the door.

We tore our eyes away from each other and I ran to get the door, opening it to reveal the one and only king Steve.

"You shit heads ready to go?" Steve asked with his hands on his hips.

To be honest, he looked like my mom when he did that...

"Yep." Dustin said.

"Watch the mouth, Steve." I said firmly to the older boy.

"Oh-yea- right, sure." Steve said as we both got into his car.

"So, we- we're going?!" Steve asked as we shut the doors.

"Yes!" Dustin and I both yelled.

"Oh-okay!" Steve said, jogging to the drivers side and getting in.

What are we in for.

Word count: 685