13: Nancy and Robin's plan.

Y/n's pov

Steve opened the file folder Nancy had handed to him, his eyes scanning the details.

"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions, we are now rockstar psychology students from the university of Notre Dame." Robin explained.

I looked at the folder Dustin held from where I sat in his lap.

"I'm now Ruth." Nancy said.

"And I'm Rose." Robin said.

"Ruth?" Steve looked up at Nancy, to which she nodded as if to say, 'i know.'

"Nice Gpa." Dustin and I said in unison, looking to Nancy.

"Thanks." Nancy smiled.

"So we called penhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Victor Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics-"

"To which they said no." Robin but Nancy off.

"But, we landed a three o'clock with the director." Nancy said.

"Now all we've gotta do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor." Robin stated as if it was the easiest task in the world.

Nancy's voice dropped to a softer pitch. "And then maybe we can rid you guys of this curse." She smiled hopefully at me.

I smiled back at her, hopeful.

"Yeah, uh, about that," Steve butted in. "We've been doing our Victor Creel homework and uh,"

Lucas handed Steve the file folder.

"We've got some questions." Steve said.

"Lots of questions." Lucas nodded.

"So do we." Nancy said. "Hopefully Victor has the answers."

"Wait, wait, wait a second." Steve looked around with an appalled look on his face. "Where's mine?" He asked, holding up the file folder.

Nancy gave him a certain look, before her and Robin stood up, ready to leave.

"Oh, wait! Rob, Nance." I quickly got up, rushing and grabbing two letters. I shoved them into their hands and they started to tear them open before I hastily stopped them.

"Don't open them now! Just- You'll know." I said as the two girls looked to each other and then nodded, understanding.

I grabbed Nancy by the shoulders and brought her in for a hug, to which she put her arms around my upper back.

"Thanks for being like the sister I never had." I smiled sadly.

"You always were my favourite, Y/n." She inhaled sharply.

After I let go, I grabbed Robin into a hug, earning an awkward pat on the back from her.

"You're super cool, Robin. Don't let anyone tell you what you have to be." I hugged the older girl tightly.

"Th- I- uh- thank you, Y/n." She struggled to find the right words. "Nance and I- we're gonna find a way to stop this." She nodded at me when I pulled back.

I smiled and nodded, almost reassuring myself.

"That was really awkward!" Robin chuckled and gave me a two finger salute when she reached the top of the stairs.

I laughed and sat back down in Dustin's lap.

"You have got to be shitting me." Steve shook his head, bounding up the stairs after them.

Lucas and I looked to each other, rolling our eyes in agreement.

I smiled at him. And he smiled back before going back to his research.

"Hey, Dust?" I spoke up suddenly.

"Yes, baby-love?" His voice was soft and caring, and he held onto me like I was fragile or I was going to break if he breathed on me wrong.

Lucas made the most horrible exaggerated retching noise and Dustin flipped him off, his eyes never leaving mine. I Probably would have laughed and joined Lucas on the retching noises if it weren't for my circumstances.

I laughed, smiling a genuinely happy smile.

"Can we talk in private for a minute?" I asked, standing. "Wouldn't want Lucas to die of hypovolemic shock or Mallory-Weiss syndrome." I rolled my eyes, laughing to myself.

"Of course, my love." He smiled, grabbing my hand as I lead us to the Wheelers basement bathroom.

I shut the door behind us, flicking on the light.

"Dustin." I said.

"Y/n." He said back.

"What if I die." I looked up at him and his face turned a mixture of fear and pain and concern and every other emotion that it could be.

"Don't say that." He said.

I just stood there, staring up at my beautiful boyfriend.

"I love you so much." He placed his forehead against my own.

"I love you so much." I said, closing my eyes.

"So, so much." He repeated, his eyes half-lidded.

His arms snaked around my waist and he tugged me in for a kiss.

My hands slowly went to the back of his head as I kissed him back.

It wasn't rushed or sloppy, it was the perfect balance of loving and slow and passionate.

His soft but slightly chapped lips encased mine so perfectly the world seemed to blur around us.

Our noses bumped together and he momentarily pulled back. "I love you, Y/n." His opalescent blue eyes stared right into my soul and I swear I could've fallen into the floor if he wasn't holding me.

We had kissed a thousand times before but this kiss made me feel like I could spend a million lifetimes with him and he would always make me happy and loved.

I pressed a hand to his chest and I could feel his heartbeat.

We kissed once more before pulling away simultaneously, but never leaving the comfort of each other's arms. I placed a hand on each side of his face, placing gentle kisses all around, ending with a peck on his lips.

He smiled from ear to ear, breathing heavily, but happy.

I took both of his hands in mine, just taking in his absolute gorgeousness before we walked back out into the basement and sat back down on the couch like we had before, with his arms around me and me in his lap.

I was holding onto one of his arms as we scanned through more old newspaper clippings when Steve came back down the stairs, cursing to himself and telling us all how he wasn't allowed to go with Nancy and Robin.

Word count: 1004