31: Eddie-bear.

(For the sake of all my lovely people, yes, Eddie is Eddie Kaspbrak. <3 okay have fun with this one!!)

Y/n's pov

Dustin got onto Eddie's frequency and held the receiver up to his mouth.

"Edgar, do you copy?" He spoke quickly.

No response.

"Eddie, Do you copy? Eddie?" He said impatiently.

"This is Edgar, I-I copy!" The squeaky voice of Edgar Kaspbrak broke through the static of the radio.

I laughed, high-fiving Dustin.

"Eddie! I can't believe this actually worked!" Dustin greeted.

"Where have you been?" Edgar asked, and I could picture his disapproving face.

Dustin had promised Edgar that he would get in touch with him as soon as he left camp, and Eddie had made me promise over the phone.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n and I have been busy... Saving the world." Dustin explained.

Of course we hadn't told Eddie about everything that happened in Hawkins, some people just weren't ready for that, and we could probably be thrown in jail just for talking about it. But Dustin had to tell him something.

Eddie snorted. He didn't believe Dustin, but at least we had some kind of story.

"Okay, Edgar, I need a huge favour, actually it's pretty small." Dustin said.

"What is it?" Eddie asked.

"Do you know Plank's Constant?" Dustin question hopefully.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" Edgar retorted.

Dustin chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, okay, so you do." Dustin confirmed.

"Yes, dipshit." Eddie laughed.

"Oh my- can we maybe hurry this up? Just get the goddamn number!" I hissed.

"Who was that? It sounded like a girl-" Eddie said.

"Eddie, I need you to-" Dustin tried.

"Oh my god- is that y/n?!? Y/N!!! Oh- DuStIn, what are you two doing together?" Eddie asked smugly, the smirk evident in his voice. Oh, how he loved to tease us.

"HAHAHAHAH, OKAY, Eddie, we really need you to focus." Dustin cut him off with a sarcastic laugh.

"Okay fine. I'll stop." Eddie sighed dramatically.

"Edgar? You're breaking up, so why don't we switch frequencies to 14.158?" Dustin asked, trying to get Edgar onto Murray's frequency.

"You copy, Dustin?" Eddie asked.

"I copy, Edgar." Dustin confirmed. " it sounds much better now, thanks."

"Okay, Plank's Constant?" Dustin suddenly said.

"Not now mommy!!!" He screamed in a different direction. "Why do you need this again?" Eddie asked.

"Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a... w-what is it?" Dustin asked, avoiding the question.

"Okay, let me just be clear on this." Edgar said. "I haven't heard from you or Y/n in a week and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can... Save the world?"

Dustin sighed. "Edgar, I promise Me and
y/n-" Dustin started.

"Y/n and I." Eddie corrected.

"Alright, y/n and I, will make it up to you."

I put a hand over my heart with a proud face for Eddie. I raised him right.

"You can make it up to me now." Eddie said with an 'I'm up to something' tone.

There was a second of silence.

"What?" Dustin asked.

"You know. That song you were singing to Y/n that one day. I want to hear it." Eddie snickered.

Shit. We do not have time for this.

"Not right now." Dustin said quickly.

"Yes, now, 'Dusty-Bun'" Edgar teased.

Okay, to be fair I had only called him that once. It just happened to be the time Edgar was listening in on our conversation.

"Edgar, this is urgent!" Dustin stressed.

"Yes, yes. You're saving the world, I heard you the first time." Eddie said. "But Jed is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Eddie, signing off."Edgar would stop at nothing to hear that song and publicly ridicule Dustin.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Dustin said. "...Okay. Okay."

"Shit." Dustin muttered to himself.

"Turn around, look at what you see." He began to sing.

In all honesty, he had a beautiful voice.

"In her face, the mirror of your dreams." I was sure at this point Lucas and Will were probably pissing themselves laughing.

"Make believe I'm everywhere. Given in the light." Eddie and I both jumped in and began singing with him.

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

"Written on the pages is, the answer to our Never-Ending Story!"

"Reach the stars. Fly a fantasy. Dream a dream, and what you see will be." Once again, it was just Dustin singing.

"Rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds." He continued without a single hesitation.

"And there upon the rainbow is the answer to our Never-Ending Story! Story!..." Dustin's voice Faded until Edgar's voice broke through the line.

"Plank's Constant is 6.62607004." He said, giving Murray exactly what he needed.

"You just saved the world!" Dustin cheered.

Eddie chuckled. "Gosh, it cracks me up every time. I miss you guys."

"And I miss you too." Dustin smiled.

"I miss you as well!!" I grabbed the receiver.

"Y/N!!! I miss you guys more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy." Eddie snorted.

"We miss you-" Dustin and I started.

"Enough!" Erica cut us off, switching off the radio as the line went dead silent.

Word count: 887