3: Base of operations.

Y/n's pov

"Have you seen or heard from Eddie recently?" Dustin asked into the phone.

The five of us had been calling around after we filled Steve and Robin in.

"Eddie Munson." I clarified.

"When was the last time you talked to him?" He asked the person on the other line.

"Yeah, you seen him?" I asked through one of the other phones.

Dustin sighed. "Okay, alright. Sorry to bother you."

He crossed a name off the list.

"I really don't think he's at the arcade." Robin spoke into the last phone. "Yep, I'm pretty sure."

"Reefer Rick?" I asked. "No, does Reefer Rick have a last name or anything-"

Steve walked over to some random chick with a double cassette.

I shook my head at Max and she crossed yet another name off the list.

I slammed the phone down.

"Hey guys. I might have a lead." I spoke.

Robin hung up the phone and Dustin and Max spun around from the computer.

"Seriously?!" Dustin asked excitedly.

"Yeah, apparently Eddie gets his drugs from some guy named Reefer Rick..?" I stated.

"And sometimes Eddie crashes there." Max added.

"That sounds promising." Robin nodded. "Where does this Reefer Rick guy live?"

"See, that's the thing. No one knows." I sighed. "He's more of a... legend then someone that people actually know."

"Well, what about a last name?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know that either."

"Bet the cops know the last name." Steve interjected.

"What?" Max asked.

"Cops." Steve shrugged.

We all stared at him, waiting for him to elaborate.

"I mean, listen, if this 'Reefer Rick' is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee he's been busted at some point. Means he's in the system." Steve leaned over the counter.

"The cops." Dustin looked just about done with Steve. "Really, Steve, that's your suggestion?"

"I mean, I just think at this point they should probably be filled in on what we know, what's going on." Steve said.

"You think Eddie's guilty, don't you?" Dustin asked.

"Woah, woah, woah. I believe in innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit. I just, you know, just don't think that we can rule it out." Steve clarified.

"Steve, how stupid are you? That is exactly what we're trying to do here." I sighed.

"Mhm, and, maybe we'd have a little bit more luck if you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie!" Dustin offered.

"Oh, we'll somebody had to attend to the customers." Steve gestured around the store.

"Especially if they're babes, right?" I asked as Robin sent a wink to Steve.

"Hey!" Steve pointed at Robin. "Not fair, okay? I attend to all the customers equally. Babes and non-babes alike. We've got a very big selection in here, okay? It can be super overwhelming for these people."

"...yeah, it can be." Robin had an expression of realization and she rushed to the nearest computer.

"What are you doing?" Max asked.

"Maybe we don't need a last name." Robin said, typing the name 'Rick' into the computer. "Twelve Rick's already have accounts here."

"That's a lot of Ricks." Max said.

"And a lot of addresses." I added.

"So let's narrow it down." Robin typed some buttons into the computer. "Rick Alderman's latest rentals are Annie and Dumbo."

"The chances of this drug dealer having a family and hanging out with a Highschool student are slim to none." I said.

"Not likely." Max nodded.

"Rick Conroy... Sixteen Candles, Teen Wolf and Romancing The Stone."

"No." Steve, Max, Dustin and I all spoke in unison.

"Rick Joiner, Mask, Footloose and Grease."

"Nah."

"No."

"Rick Kimbrough, The Blue Lagoon and Splash." Robin chuckled.

"Definitely not." Max said.

"Not a chance." I shook my head.

"Okay, Rick Lipton, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Cheech & Chong's Next Movie, Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams, Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke." Robin read.

"That's the one." I said.

"Bingo." Dustin laughed.

"Lipton?" Max asked.

"Spelt like the tea." Said Robin.

"Or the soup." I pointed at Max with a purposefully annoying smile.

"2121 Holland Road." Robin read the address.

"That's out by Lover's Lake." Dustin said.

"Middle of nowhere." Max said.

"Drug dealer's oasis." I said.

"Perfect Place to hide." Robin concurred.

We all ran out the door and to Steve's car, Robin flipping the sign to closed, locking the door behind her.

Word count: 733