15: I kept a secret...

3rd persons pov

It was after school and Y/n and Dustin had both just arrived to their houses.

Lucas and Max had gotten into a fight and Mike was at Will's.

"Right, well, tell me if you see the others. And call me if you need anything, my supercom's always on." Y/n said as she unlocked her front door.

"Okay, thanks again!" Dustin called back as he went inside his own house.

"Mew mew, where are you?" Mew mew!" Mrs. Henderson called, pouring cat food into a bowl.

"Hey, dusty!" She smiled at her son.

"Hi. Hey. Hey mom." Dustin spoke quickly.

Mrs. Henderson frowned and straightened up.

"Everything okay, dusty?" She asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Everything's fine." Her son said quickly.

He slipped past his mother and into his room, closing the door and locking it behind him.

He walked over to the terrarium, throwing his backpack on the bed.

"Dart, I've got to talk to you, buddy. It's about my friend, Will. I think-" Dustin started to say.

He ripped off the pink sheet and felt his stomach drop.

The glass was broken and there was green slime everywhere, along with a thick slimy piece of skin.

Dustin picked it up to examine it.

"What the hell." He whispered.

He heard a deeper screech come from behind him and he whipped around to see what it was.

The noise was coming from behind a chair in the corner of his room.

"Dart?" He asked quietly.

He slowly crept over to the chair, seeing a trail of more discarded skin.

Dustin gulped as he saw streaks of blood on his carpet.

He heard a sickening crunch as he approached the chair and peered behind it.

What he saw made him let out a small gasp as he looked at it in horror.

A dark green slimy creature was viciously eating the now lifeless body of mews.

Dart looked up from the bloodied cat and turned to Dustin.

He let out a screech revealing his many rows of sharp teeth, not unlike a Demogorgon.

——

Meanwhile, Y/n was just in her room, listening to music.

She debated about calling Max, to see if she wanted to hang out, but decided against it.

It was honestly pretty boring for her.

Usually her and the guys would all be together, but apparently not today.

She sighed, still munching on the popcorn she had made for herself, when all of a sudden, she heard a knock on her front door.

'Weird.' She thought, as she was home alone.

She walked downstairs and opened the front door to be met with a frantic Dustin.

"Oh, hey Dusti- " She started to say, but was cut off by him grabbing her wrist and practically dragging her back to his house.

"Uh, what's up...?" She asked confused.

He didn't answer, just brought her inside and sat her down on the couch.

"So... what's, um, what's happening...?" She asked again, super confused as he paced in front of her.

"Okay. You have to promise you won't get mad..." Dustin said.

"That really depends on the situation..." She said, trailing off at the end.

She looked up to see him staring back at her.

"Alright. I promise." She sighed.

"I kept a secret..." He said.

"Let me guess, you kept Dart." Y/n asked with her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised.

His eyes went wide.

(Y/n's pov)

"How did you know?!" Dustin asked me, his eyes going wide.

"Oh, come on! I saw Dart in the bathroom and the door definitely didn't open, so he couldn't have escaped, plus I knew you had already become attached to the little guy and on top of that you wouldn't even let me come over!" I said.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry about that.." Dustin said, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's okay. Just, next time, please don't lie to me." I said with a chuckle.

"Uh, anyways, that's not entirely the reason I brought you here..." he said nervously.

I waited for him to continue.

"Dart ate mews." He said.

"Shit." I said.

Word count: 688