The Night of the Living Tile Creatures

A few weeks had passed since you had talked with Tari about her dream and walking her home. She had given you a kiss on the cheek and invited you to sleep on her couch so you wouldn't have to walk in the cold. You were hesitant but relented and the next day you stayed to have a meal with her and then went out to find Mario off on another weird adventure that seemed off to the normal format. But you decided not to question it.

Later that week you and toad talked out his frustrations about his job, Mario, and his less than ideal relationship as much as he allowed you to know about. You tried your best and by the time you two went back he seemed at least less stressed and angry. His girlfriend was waiting there and was about to berate him when he shocked her with an apology. She didn't seem to trust he was going to change, but she was ok with this step in the right direction. Once back in the castle SMG4 told you about an upcoming Halloween party at robs place near a cornfield.

"Sounds like a horror movie waiting to happen." You say flatly. "Not that I'm not going, just putting it out there." You say.

"Yeah but I'm 99.5% sure that won't happen." He said confidently.

"How many times have you been proven wrong?" You ask.

"Please don't make me paranoid about it, please?" He said voice shaking a bit.

"Alright alright." You relent. "I'll keep my worry's to myself."

SMG4 sighed and went on to set it up at Robs place.

You took Belle and Tari over. "So Belle, how'd you end up on the gaming scene?" You ask to at least break the ice and see if you could help her strike a chord with the bluenette.

"Y-you're asking me?" She asked a bit shocked. "I uh I started out as any other prodigy in the gaming scene, me and at least one other girl went through an experimental process to enhance our abilities. Then I got stuck with a big company but thankfully and a bit bitterly SMG3 saved me. I owed him." She said looking down.

"And he's gone. You're freed. Free to be that young upstart gamer again, right?" You ask trying to get the fiery haired gamers spirits back up. She was at least smiling when you peeked back at them.

Soon you all arrived at the parking spot of the party and you carried the supplies you were taking with you and Tari wanted to help but to your insistence she was told it was heavier than she thought.

Later on when things started getting into full swing a pink and black tiled Boopkins showed up.

"Oh look, zombie/children of the corn horror movie..." you mutter trying to find Tari once Mario kicked the tiled Boopkins away.

You couldn't find Belle either and looked to the cornfield. You rushed over to SMG4. "We need to get everyone away from here bef-" you begin before Belle Tari Boopkins and Jub Jub with soulless eyes emerged and you felt something snap.

"What did you do to her!" You bellow out as the figures ignoring you at first as more appear.

"I said..." you begin picking up a tray. "What did you do to her!" You say bashing the clone of Tari not doing much on the surface but something clicked for it.

"Must complete." It uttered in a staticky rendition of Taris voice.

"Well, that's different." You mutter as the textured clones surround you. "Wait complete how?"

"Need soul. Need . . . Feeling." It said moving closer.

"You can't have my soul." You growl preparing to swing again.

"Not your soul. It how I complete and become whole." It said getting closer now reaching to you.

"Well if you complete what about the original?" You shoot back.

"Not our issue." It said.