"Meeting" the Melon Girl

After seeing on the TV the utter train wreck that Mario and bowser had while taking in the cuisines of the world, you had fully recovered with Tari visiting you every other day to check up on you. You would chat and play games with each other and it felt like the first time you two met.

One particular visit Tari was mentioning something about a mask seller in the front area of the castle when your phones went off and checked the cameras to see Mario Meggy Axol Luigi and a melon facing off against a Mario mask and it attaching to Axol.

"Permission to cower in fear?" Tari asked watching the feed.

"As long as it doesn't involve going downstairs then alright." You say pulling her close to calm her nerves or at least get her mind off that mask. You then remember you had something from your old place you kept. The rubber duck.

"Y-you kept it?" She asked bewildered. Reaching for it.

"Of course. It helped me remember the girl that I adore." You say kissing her cheek, flustering her.

"S-stop it... you know I fluster easily!" She whined gently shoving you chuckling.

You chuckle. "Alright alright." You say holding her close eventually checking the outside cameras with her and seeing the melon become a girl.

"I'm not seeing things right? Did that mask just turn that melon..." you began.

"Melony... and well I guess she's 'human' now." Tari said as you both watch her slap Axol briefly unconscious.

"Ouch." You both wince then deadpan as she falls asleep on a bush while the others work on defeating the mask.

"Well if Mario can't use it and Luigi and Axol have already had it on..." Tari began.

"It's Meggy's turn." You finish as that's exactly what happened. You watch as she's more dangerous than Mario while still being as gullible as the fat Italian.

"Well I'm glad that's over." You say still holding Tari close. She nods and yawns and cuddles into you, making you blush but smile and let her know it's ok to take a nap.

"Sorry it's just seeing all that action made me tired." She said mid yawn. She closed her eyes and fell asleep rather quickly. You smiled and decided to join her.

Taris love for Y/n has increased.
Someone's jealous loneliness has increased.