The search for the missing piece

You were heading to visit axol in his apartment when you were joined by mario when he got his head slammed by anime.

"Hes trying again...." you sighed out after mario asked what the heck was going on.

"Is mario in for another wacky adventure?" he asked sounding a bit tired of the idea.

"do you even have to ask?" you said cheekily motioning him to follow as he whined the whole way up.

"Axol, how are you?" you ask bursting his door open startling him.

"Y-Y/N! Red! I uh, i... was trying to fix inkweaver again..." he sighed looking down.

"well is there a way to repair it?" you ask putting a hand on his shoulder.

'Take a sample of his DNA!' you hear screamed in the deep recesses of your mind. you don't know who it was but you decide to at least try to be discrete about it later.

as mario was voulen-told the job of finding the piece you swatted the back of Axols head.

"OW! what was that for?" he asked.

"Sorry saw a mosquito on your head." you lied as you took the skin and blood sample you scraped off in a bag to preserve when you went to E. Gadds later.

'I hope i understand why i have to do this when the time comes.' You think to yourself since you'd never injure any of your friends like this before. you also felt bad for lying to one of your friends so blatantly. then Mario popped out of a return portal with the tip of inkweaver and all thoughts of betrayal were shoved to the side as you watched axol get back to doing what he loved and all the powers he had before being launched into the land of dead memes.

----Months later----

in a dark room of the castle basement you were next to a machine with a shadowy figure standing a few feet back cupping their ears. the figure approached where you sat as you watched a display on a monitor leftover from SMG4.

"Did it work?" melony asked looking over your shoulder at the monitor of the events of that day showed when you slapped him.

"Yep, we should be able to access the sample, if E.Gadd hasn't touched it since i put it in there." you respond sighing looking at the display. "Hopefully this will work." you mutter as you turn off the monitor.

___________

So yes ive seen WOTFI 2021 and have accounted for it if only because i take some liberties with the cannon lore and add my own. so dont be mad just yet.

till next

-Time