Four Times You Were Forced On a Date, And One Time You Weren't (3/5)

Words: 2405
Pairing: Dick Grayson x (f)Stark!Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Wayne Family (mentioned)
Chapter Summary: After the many discoveries from the last date, you're still not sure how to feel. Halfway done with the dates, now it's time for a more chill one to spend time together. But with the crazy luck of a superhero, will it stay chill?
Warnings: Swearing, mentions being hurt
Author's Note: Wooooah we're halfway there!

*Edited*

---

A week later, you were still thinking about what you found out in Gotham. Your dad could tell something was off, but he also knew you didn't want to talk about it. Finally, he was tired of seeing you upset and brought it up at breakfast.

As you two ate breakfast, he coughed to catch your attention. "Alright, what happened on that date in Gotham? You're acting weird; you know you can talk to me," Your dad reminded you.

"I'm fine," You told him, trying your hardest to look fine.

"Yeah, right. You got back to New York and stayed in the training room the entire day. You can tell me anything," Tony pushed.

You quickly tried to come up with a way to tell him without telling him. You shrugged in response. "I don't know; it felt weird being in Wayne Manor. We only ever went there for parties, and it was weird being there with their family besides Jason," You said. It wasn't entirely a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either.

Tony nodded and patted your back. "He was a good kid; I know you and him got along really well despite your ages. I'm sure it wasn't easy seeing all of them without Jason," He comforted.

"Yeah, so I've just been thinking. But hey, our dates are going better. Much less awkward now, and only two dates left," You said, looking at the bright side.

Tony wasn't sure if that was everything, but it seemed like it was all you were going to give him. "Well, you know I'm always here to listen," He reminded you, and you nodded in understanding. "What's the next date?"

"We're going to see that new Disney movie. He said there's a decent theater near his apartment in Blüdhaven, and it's usually pretty empty, so we're going there after dinner. I'm excited to see the new movie," You told your father as you finished your breakfast. "We're going on Thursday, so I've got a few days to prepare mentally."

"I've heard it's a good movie," Tony said. "But why Blüdhaven? From what I've heard, there's not a lot there."

"Exactly, so it won't be crazy. We've been watched by a lot on our other dates, so this one will be more relaxed and less of a show, which will be nice," You explained. "Fewer people taking constant pictures of us."

Tony stood up and grabbed both his and your plates. "That makes sense. Plus, he's lived there for a few years now, right?"

You shrugged, not entirely sure. "I think so; it makes sense," You said. "Plus, it's safer than Gotham and much less busy than New York."

"Very true," Tony said. "But still be careful. They have a protector for a reason."

You agreed with him and promised you would be safe. But you weren't worried now that you know Blüdhaven's protector happens to be your date. Besides, you've been wearing your own version of the EDITH glasses for a while, and they help you spot things you don't normally catch. It was probably going to be the most relaxing night of the ruse, and hopefully, no secrets would get spilled or hearts aching again.

---

Thursday came, and you were in Blüdhaven. Happy drove you there, and it wasn't too long of a drive. You met at the restaurant you two agreed on at five o'clock, so there was enough time to eat before the movie started at seven o'clock.