Terrible Thief - Pietro Maximoff x Reader (4/4)

Words: 1044
Paring: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: Wanda Maximoff, others mentioned
Warnings: swearing, mentions getting hurt, being sick
Summary: Pietro is stuck in recovery, and you go to see him. Given the time of month, you two think back to a few years ago.
Author's Note: This was originally written as one of my Halloween fics but it worked perfectly in the terrible thief universe. Lots of fluff to make up for the previous angst.

*Edited*

---

Months passed as Pietro stayed in a recovery room in a second lab for Dr. Banner in the Avengers base. You and Wanda visited him every day, and Clint came at least a few times a week.

Some days he didn't talk. Some days he wasn't even awake, so it was taking a chance going. But you weren't going to leave Pietro there without anyone even going to see him.

Especially when Wanda got sick.

You refused to let her out of her room. She had gotten sick to the point where it was hard for her to stand without feeling like she would throw up.

"Don't worry; I'll still see him. And I'll have Vision get you some soup to help your sickness." You told her earlier.

And now you were sitting in Pietro's recovery room, only there for a few minutes. "I have missed you, Pietro."

"Me too."

Your head snapped up, and you smiled when you saw Pietro, "How are you feeling?"

Pietro laughed, "Like shit."

"That's no good," You told him, "Your hair looks dirty."

Pietro's smile grew huge, and he looked away from you, "After such a long time, I have missed your criticisms."

"You know what I miss?"

"The Bakery?" Pietro sighed when he mentioned it.

"Yes, but also your brown hair," You confessed. You missed how his hair even looked soft and how it made his eyes pop. It was such a dark color for how he looked, and you really liked that.

"Really? I think my hair looks fresh now," Pietro cocked an eyebrow.

"Fresh?" Your eyes widened with a laugh, and he shrugged, "I guess it matches how you look after becoming fast, but that doesn't change that I miss it."

Pietro nodded. He didn't really miss his old look; he was happy as he is now. But he brushed off what you told him and let his next thought come out, "What day is it?"

"The sixteenth of October," You looked down at your phone and back up.

Pietro giggled, "I like October," He looked at you with tired eyes, "Remember when you told us about trick-or-treating?"

"Pietro! Put this on," You threw a plastic bag at him, and with his fast reflexes, he caught it by the handle.

"What is this, bondage?"  Pietro started to twist the bag around with strange eyes.

"What?"

"Nothing," Pietro covered up quickly.

"Okay?" You pulled out what was in your bag as Pietro did the same, "We're going to have some fun around town. Where's Wanda?"

Once Wanda was present, you handed her her bag. You had gotten Pietro a Cookie Monster costume and Little Red Riding Hood for Wanda. You had gotten yourself a simple ghost costume, also known as a bedsheet, where you cut out eye holes.

After explaining Trick-or-Treat, Wanda and Pietro were totally ready for pranking the town.

You three grabbed pillowcases and put on your costumes. "How do you know of this?" Pietro asked as everyone was getting ready.

"My parents went to the U.S. a lot; they brought back a lot of stories, and one time they told me about Halloween. I thought it would be a good idea to play a trick on the town," You smirked as you threw the bedsheet over your head.

When you walked outside as the sun began to go down, you almost couldn't contain your laughter. Pietro decided to lead the group and go up to the first house. He knocked a few times before there was an answer, and held out his pillowcase, "Where's my treat?"

The lady gasped at the strange words coming from the man in a cookie monster costume and quickly slapped his face, slamming her door closed.

Pietro sighed and turned around to go back to you and Wanda, "That did not go well-"

You slapped his face as well, "What was that?"

"I was just doing like you said!" Pietro argued and put his hand on his cheek.

"You do not say it like that! You say 'trick-or-treat!'" You repeated for him, "I bet Wanda could do it."

And Wanda did.  She even got lucky, as the next house had an American living in it, and when he heard the familiar phrase, he smiled, "Let me get some candy!"

Wanda got a handful of candy and turned back, smirking at her brother. "You are never living this one down."

"I don't like this game," Pietro whined as he crossed his arms, but you continued moving. And by the end of the night, you had ten pieces of candy in your bag and a lot of confused neighbors.

"Yeah, I remember," You smiled at the memory.

"It was a good and a bad night for me," You laughed as Pietro reached for his cheek, "Sometimes I can still feel the slaps."

You were too quickly drawn away from Pietro when Steve called for an emergency meeting. Sighing, you told him you would see him tomorrow.

---

Tomorrow arrived slowly. But luckily, Wanda was feeling better. The soup and Vision's company had been very helpful in getting her back to normal. But she didn't want to risk having Pietro catch anything, so she sat today out too.

Pietro was excited to see you; he had a surprise he couldn't wait to show you. When you walked into the room, you saw a giant smile spread across his face. "What's that ornery look for?" You raised your eyebrows.

"I have a present for you," Pietro smiled with his hands behind his back, "Trick-or-treat?"

"Treat," You laughed.

And all of a sudden, a bowl of candy was sitting in your lap. You laughed, "Where did you get this?"

"Stark," He shrugged.

"What would happen if I chose trick?" You laughed and unwrapped a piece of candy.

There was a gust of wind, and you felt something touch your cheek, but then the wind went away, and you realized it was Pietro on your cheek, giving you a small kiss. "That."

You shook your head and popped the candy into your mouth, "Pietro Maximoff, you smooth motherfucker," You laughed, "Wait, you shouldn't be using your speed, should you?"

Pietro put his finger on your lips and shushed you, "Don't tell anyone, draga."