The Moment I Knew - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1953
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Wanda Maximoff, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Steve Rogers
Warnings: Crying, sad, break-up
Summary: Based on The Moment I Knew by Taylor Swift, it's time to celebrate your birthday and a successful year! You're only missing one thing: Pietro. When he's late to your party, you start to worry, but your friends are always here to help.
Author's Note: This one is kinda different from my other song fics, I don't really use direct lyrics but more so just the premise of the actual song.

This is another fic for girl-next-door-writes 's Bingo challenge! This is for the angst square (obvs)

*Edited*

---

The common room at the Compound was decorated to the nines. It's been a tough year for you and the team, and now finally being able to have a break, they're going all out to celebrate your birthday. The past year consisted of a lot of fighting the good fight, a lot of injuries, and a lot of stress. Now, with things mostly calmed down, it was time to relax and celebrate your birthday, which was even more important because they missed celebrating last year.

It was nice—lots of lights, balloons, and assorted decorations on the wall. Tony gave you and your friends a credit card to buy whatever you wanted for the party, so you went all out.

But while all your friends, Avengers, and non-Avengers alike, mingled and enjoyed the catering, you sat at one of the tall bar stool tables drinking whatever Wanda grabbed for you, staring at the door. The party started an hour ago, and you were waiting for him to burst through the door, a big smile on his face. But he wasn't here.

Every so often, you tore your stare away from the door to make sure you wouldn't start crying. You looked at all the lights hung around the room; many were leftover Christmas lights from storage for when the Compound gets decorated. Time was ticking, and he should be here already.

"Hey," One of your old school friends walked over to you. "How have you been? Thanks so much for inviting me; it's been so long since I've seen you," She commented, taking the seat from across you.

You looked at her with a smile, half of which was forced. You combed through your memory to try to come up with a good answer while also trying not to make a big deal of your boyfriend not being at the party yet. "Oh, just super busy. You know, we've been all over the world trying to make it a better place," You said, which was one of your go-to answers, but you were getting better at making it sound natural. "And I'm glad you could make it. It's nice to have other people around that I'm not working with, too," You said.

"I bet," She chuckled. "I heard you've got yourself a boyfriend; which one of the handsome Avengers did you land, and can you introduce me?" She asked.

You looked down at the table as you fiddled with some random confetti. "He's running a little late. But he said he'd be here," You nodded, trying to reassure yourself and your friend.

"Well, I can't wait to meet him. What's his name?" She asked.

"Pietro, also Quicksilver. He's the speedster," You said.

She laughed again. "A speedster, and he's late? How ironic," She took a sip of her drink. "Hey, does that mean Captain America is available?"

You cocked a smile and shook your head. "Unfortunately, no, he's not," You covered for Steve and stood up out of your chair, forcing yourself to get Pietro's lateness off your mind. "Would you like to meet my best friend, though?" You asked, and she nodded excitedly. You led her over to the couch where Wanda was chatting with Vision and introduced the old friend.