For Forever - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 1668
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Warnings: Falling out of tree
Summary: Inspired by For Forever from Dear Evan Hansen, you and Peter take a trip to a hidden gem: a field filled with trees that not many people visit. Talking about anything and everything, having a picnic, and climbing a tree makes for two friends having a perfect day.
Author's Note: I love this song, and fully believe it's a love song ;) Y/N and Peter are hanging out over the summer before their last year of high school.

All we see is sky for forever,
We let the world pass by for forever,
Feels like we could go on for forever, this way,
Two friends on a perfect day.

---

You ate your ice cream as you drove you and Peter down the winding road. "How much further?" He asked.

"Not too much further. We should be there soon," You told your best friend and thought about the picnic basket and necessities in the trunk. Soon enough, you pulled into a dirt parking space and got out of the car to grab the basket and extra things. Not many people visited this hidden gem.

The hidden gem was an open field, which just so happened to be framed with trees. It allowed for the outer parts to have shade, but the center to have open space to allow the sun to come in and watch the clouds pass by, waiting for the sun to go hide away and let the moon and stars come out, which was perfect for the end-of-May weather, making for a great day.

It was near an apple orchard, which was by an ice cream stop, but not many people actually visited this field. You and Peter grabbed the basket filled with goodies and the blankets in the back of the car. "Race you there!" Peter shouted and took off running.

"Not fair!" You yelled back, grabbing the last of the things and shutting the back of your car, locking it before taking off. "That was so mean, Peter!"

You ran with your hands full to find Peter lying on the ground in the middle of the open field. You laughed a bit and walked up to him, sitting beside the boy with his eyes closed. "Hey!" You yelled, making Peter jump.

Peter sat up with his hand over his heart. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

You giggled. "Sorry about that, but it was karma," You told him. You grabbed the blanket from behind him and spread it out, only to have both of you lay on it and look at the sky.

"I could look at the sky for forever," Peter sighed.

You nodded, agreeing with him. "It's really nice out here; it's a great break from the craziness of the city..." You said. "I could sit here and let the world pass by for forever," You told him.

Peter sat up and opened the picnic basket, beginning to lay out the food for the both of you. Peter's eyes lit up at the food you packed for the day, a giant smile spreading across his face. "Gee whiz," He started, singing a little. "This is how I know you're the one for me," He pulled out more food and sang.

You recognized the lyrics; it was from Left Hand Free by Alt-J, one of the songs you and Peter listen to nonstop. You laughed and nodded. "I didn't know what food you wanted...so I packed a lot."

"It's wonderful!" He cheered. "Perfect for a hungry spider. I do a lot of climbing on the walls, you know, it makes for a big appetite," He smirked with a small laugh.

You laughed too. Being Peter's best friend, of course, you knew his secret of being the superhero that protects part of New York. "Nice joke," You told him. "But what did I say in the car? No Spider-Man talks today. Today is a day for us, and only us. No superheroes, no family, just us," You reminded him.