Remembering Sunday - Bucky Barnes x (f)Reader

Words: 1789
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x (f)Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers
Warnings: Angst, guns, shooting, fighting, drinking, sadness, crying
Summary: Based on Remembering Sunday by All Time Low, you and Bucky have been dating for a while. When something goes wrong, you take matters into your own hands while Bucky has a different plan entirely.
Author's Note: Angst! All of the warnings are on par with what we see in the movies with crime fighting, nothing too graphic. 

Update in the year 2022 we are not staining all time low. I do love this song tho.

*Edited*

 ---

You were never one to believe in love. It all seemed too fake and dramatized, it was easier to stay real and that way, no one would get hurt. And before you even joined the Avengers, you had no intention of looking for a partner or even a crush, but that all changed.

Bucky Barnes quickly took a liking to you when you two were made partners for training and out on the field. You started as friends, getting along just fine, but feelings began to grow. You hated to admit it, but you also liked him, which led to dates.

A year passed, and Bucky was more in love with you than he had ever been in love with anyone else. Of course, he understood that you didn't believe in love and couldn't get you to say those three words, but that never stopped him from loving you. And he was determined to show you that love is real, even if it did take everything he had.

"Are you ready, doll?" Bucky asked you as you were grabbing the last-minute things you needed.

You looked over and smiled at your boyfriend, grabbing your gun and batons, ready to fight. You were an assassin, trained like Natasha but learned many things from Bucky; in short, you knew your shit.

This mission you were about to go on required all the help the team could get, which meant every Avenger was needed. The base the Avengers were going to invade was housing much more enemies than any other base tackled, including people with unknown powers. If these enemies weren't stopped, who knows what they could do.

You stood up and walked next to Bucky to get on the jet going to the base. Bucky put his arm around you as the two of you sat on the floor during the flight. "I love you," Bucky whispered after he kissed you. You went to say something, but he stopped you. "I know, I know you don't believe in it, but I had to say it, this might be the last time we're together."

You nodded, understanding Bucky, and kissed his cheek. He gave you one last smile before he put on his mask, and you put on yours. "If we make it through this together, I'm going to get you to believe in love."

"If it helps you sleep at night," You winked, grabbed your weapons, and ran off the jet next to your boyfriend.

The element of surprise failed- the enemies knew your team was coming and watched the jet land. There wasn't much time to scatter and prepare as enemies were headed for where the jet was, so the team had to attack quicker than wanted.

You started to shoot any enemies that came into your eyesight. You got them out quickly, since you were hiding behind a tree and could snipe them before they saw you. And you tried to move fast, shooting everything moving, which meant you hit a few things that weren't enemies.

That included your boyfriend.

You rushed over to kneel down next to Bucky. "Oh, my gosh, Bucky, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" You were freaking out, unsure of what to do. "Bucky's hit!" You shouted into the comms, hoping someone would help. Bucky's head was in your lap while he groaned in pain. You were crying but had to keep fighting. You shot down the enemies as you did before, but this time, from the ground.