Greatest Hits (3/3) - Loki x Reader

Words: 2659
Pairing: Loki x Reader
Featuring: Sylvie, He Who Remains, Valkyrie (Brunnhilde), Thor mentioned
Warnings: Mentions death (not graphic), sadness
Summary: After making it to the end of time, Sylvie sends Loki someplace that he will not interfere with her plan. When he realizes where he is, he's nervous but also excited. Did he finally make it back to you?
Author's Note: No Sylki here, I replaced the kiss with a hug lol. LOTS of plot changes to the Loki finale, but that's fanfic.

*Edited*

---

This had been the toughest week of Loki's life.

He thought the worst part was losing to the Avengers, but so he was quickly proven wrong. Getting to the TVA, working with them, turning on them, almost dying in an apocalypse, getting stuck in a time-cell, and getting pruned. Now, he and Sylvie are talking to the man behind the TVA: He Who Remains. They're past the end of time, and Loki wishes he had never picked up the Tesseract in the first place.

Mobius told Loki that Loki liked to hear himself talk, but this guy had Loki beaten in that area. Loki and Sylvie continued to listen as he went on and on, explaining what he knew and where they needed to go next. This was not what Loki expected, not at all. He Who Remains wants to pass the mantle to Loki and Sylvie?

Loki agreed with Sylvie mostly; he wanted this man dead for all the messes he has caused. But hearing about this multiversal war really did worry him; it would ruin his plan entirely to try to get back to you. Maybe, if they took his offer, they could write themselves their own story to get everything they want.

As He Who Remains sat there, letting Loki and Sylvie think for a moment, Sylvie seized the moment and rushed towards him with her blade. Reacting quickly, Loki grabbed her arm and took her the other way so they could talk.

"What are you doing?" Sylvie sneered.

"Sylvie, hang on a moment. Let's just talk about it," Loki said.

Sylvie didn't want to talk; she wanted to go through with the plan and kill him. Whether Loki agreed or not, she was determined with her plan.

"I believe him," Loki tried to get through to her. "I don't think he was lying. Not about that. Insane? Yes, but maybe he was telling the truth."

Sylvie groaned. "And what precisely is there to think about?" She asked.

"Weren't you listening to what he was saying? That's the gambit. Remove the dictator, and what fills the void?" He posed his stance.

Sylvie understood now. "Ah, you want the throne?" She said, angry that he was turning on her.

"No, that's not it, no," Loki struggled for a good and quick explanation. "The universe is in balance. I know the TVA has hurt us both, but what if by taking him out, we risk unleashing something worse?" He asked. "If we take his spot, we can decide things and keep everything in balance. We can get you your happy ending, and I-" He stopped himself, not wanting to make it all about him and his wishes. He just wanted Sylvie to give him a chance. "I promise you from my heart this isn't about the throne."

Sylvie listened to him back up his point for a moment, but all it did was lead them to a fight against each other. They both got close to killing the other, but something stopped them. Maybe faith or some form of trust, but Loki and Sylvie each had their own set of plans.

"I don't want to hurt you," Loki said as Sylvie had her blade to his neck. "I don't want a throne; I just want you to be okay. I want us to be okay, and not have to deal with some war."

Sylvie dropped her sword from Loki and pulled him in for a hug. She didn't want to hurt him either, they had become quite good friends, but she wasn't going to let Loki's friendship get in the way of her plans.