Marvelmas (8/13) - December 20 - Bucky Barnes & Reader

Words: 1311
Pairing: Bucky Barnes & Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark
Warnings: Swearing, prank
Summary: Do thou dare to go caroling with Bucky?
Author's Note: Just kidding there's no plot, it's all fun. Also, first, grumpy Sam. Now, grumpy Bucky.

*Edited*

---

After a long game of chase on the ice rink with Loki, you got a nice, needed night of sleep. According to Loki, it was the best thing he had ever seen in this world. At least there was something good on Midgard: your craziness.

"Hey, Stark," You walked into his lab midday to talk to him.

"What, no list yet?" Tony grinned as he was messing with his computer. 

"No, not until later. Caroling!" You cheered.

"He's gonna kill you," Tony chuckled, "What do you need?"

You explained how you went ice skating with Loki and had to deal with Tony yelling at you. "After he did that?" But once you calmed him down and told him you needed him to do you a favor, he listened.

"Look, you're going to laugh so hard if you just do this for me," You sighed and started to tell him about what happened at the ice rink, making him start laughing right there. Tony told you he could get the video, but he was going to make himself a copy first; which you didn't have any say in.

Tony got to work, and you left his lab to prepare for "Bucky Day," only to be stopped by Sam on your way. "I want you to record some of the caroling, please, I will do anything."

"We'll see," You grinned and ran off to the rooms, knocking on Bucky's door. "Hey, Buck!" You sing-songed, "There is a big day ahead of us!"

"I thought you said I wasn't on the list," He groaned from inside the room.

"Did I? Well, I lied." You laughed, opening the door to his room. "Come on; we need to get going soon!"

"What are we doing?" Bucky complained.

"We're going to the mall to get you in the spirit with all their decorations, then we get to the fun stuff," You told.

"What are you talking about?" He raised his eyebrow.

"No time for that!"

---

You left Bucky pouting in the middle of the mall as you ran off to the store to do some last-minute shopping. You needed to pick up a few extra things for the rest of your list activities while stalling time. 

Bucky refused to go into the store as he was trying to get out of caroling, even though he knew you were going to make him do it, no matter what. But he would let you handle everything else; he would sit and observe the people running around the mall.

He began to wonder how tonight was going to work. Would it just be the two of you? Or did you find a group to tag along with? Either way, he would not be a happy camper. He was sitting on the side of the steps with his arms crossed, slowly moving up to his face to cover his eyes, as he was getting more and more annoyed.

"Why are you sad?" A small, soft voice stood in front of Bucky.

Bucky moved his fingers slightly to see who was standing in front of him, revealing a little girl. "What?" He grumbled.

"You look sad. Are you okay?" She put her small hand on his knee, making sure he was looking at her. 

"I'm just peachy. Now, run along, little child..." Bucky grumbled and put his hands back over his eyes to block out the world.

The girl laughed, making Bucky look at her. "You're a liar, but I know how to help!" She squealed and jumped to grab his hand, only getting a confused look from Bucky. "Let's go see Santa! What's your name? I'm Indy!" She started to walk while pulling Bucky's hand, forcing Bucky to follow.

"Look, kid, I don't want to go see Santa-" He started but was cut off by the girl.

"No, you have to! He'll make you feel better. Plus, mommy said no while she's in that store, so you get to take me; thank you!" She started babbling to get all the words out before Bucky would turn her down.

Bucky's soft spot was giving into the little girl. He could tell she wanted to see the Santa, and it seemed that Bucky was not getting out of this either, and so he obliged. He stood in line to see Santa while the little girl talked her mouth off to Bucky about nonsense. He could barely understand her, but he listened. And before he knew it, they were next in line. "Santa!" She squealed and ran over to him as the Santa helped her sit on his leg. Bucky handed one of the elves a random amount of money to pay for it, plus to not ask him any questions. 

The girl started telling Santa the few things she wanted, and once she ended her small list, Bucky overheard her ask him a question. "Can my sad friend come see you? I want him to be happy!"

"Why, of course," The Santa boomed.

"No, no, it's okay-"

"Go on, Bucky," You smirked from the outside of the Santa's Cottage, "Do it for the girl!"

"I'm so sorry about her," The woman next to you sighed, "She refused to go inside the store with me, so I left her with her brother. I guess she got away and found your friend," She mumbled. 

"It's okay, he really needs to get into the spirit anyway, and this was the best way it could have turned out!" You pulled out your phone and began taking pictures of Bucky standing next to the Santa.

"Tell him what you want!" The girl jumped next to Bucky.

Bucky looked at you dead in the eye while you held the phone in front of your face, obviously recording. "Better friends."

---

You would have never thought you would see Bucky in bright green. But here he was, wearing a bright green sweater with a white tree on it. You were walking around a neighborhood with a group of people from a church to carol with. They were very welcoming to have you and Bucky join them for a night of spreading holiday cheer. They could tell Bucky didn't want to be there, and that just made them determined to help him be happy about this time of year.

And little did Bucky know that they were going to get him in the spirit, only to play a little joke that you happened to come up with.

Bucky was very hesitant to sing at the first house, mostly just mouthing the words. But once you got on his case and kept annoying him to sing, he did. He actually ended up having a lot of fun with it and felt like he could act crazy and sing off-key, and no one would care; it was all in the fun!

After maybe six houses, you decided to tell the others that this would be the house where the evil plan would happen. You pulled out your phone, making sure Bucky wouldn't see, and started to record. The group began to sing Deck The Halls, as that was the one Bucky was best at, and everyone looked like they were having a good time. Then, once they got to the second verse, everyone stopped singing.

Well, everyone but Bucky.

Bucky was so into the song that for a good fifteen seconds, he didn't notice that he was the only one singing. And when he realized, his jaw dropped, and his cheeks went red with embarrassment. He dropped his lyric sheets and crossed his arms. "You see, this is why we can't have nice things!" Bucky shouted as he began to walk away.

"Sorry guys, thank you!" You told the group who was giggling at what just happened. "I know you love me!"

"No!"

"Yes! It's Christmas; you have to love me!"