Happy Valentine's Day - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Words: 1174
Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Reader
Featuring: Tony, Steve, Nat, Clint
Warnings: Swearing
Summary: Happy Valentine's Day! A day which you hate.
Author's Note: So this is my song challenge for Feb. and I know it's early but the theme this month was love so i decided why not put it out today? This is based off the song Happy Valentines Day (I'm Alone As Fuck) by Austin Jones and you can check it out here! (It's literally 30 seconds.)

Edit: this was made before everything bad about Austin Jones was released. I do not support him but this was written before everything went down. The imagine does not talk of Austin Jones whatsoever, just uses some lyrics from his 30-second song.

*Edited*

---

Pink, red, white, and even a dash of purple. Those colors in February just made you angry. Everyone seemed to be so excited to celebrate a day of love, which happened to be a random Tuesday, while you couldn't care less about it.

Love is hard to find with your job. Fighting to save the world can come with a price and makes everything much harder. Relationships were almost unheard of, unless you are Super-Dad-Husband Clint Barton, and love was not easy. Many people would be all for being with an Avenger, but the second things get ugly and life-threatening, they leave you.

And of course, in the last few years, something always happens on Valentine's Day.

After months of being with someone you really connected with, the horrid day rolls around. Some villain always decides to have their fun and try to ruin the day, meaning you had to leave your valentine and go protect the world. And that's when they always realize that this is how it's always going to be; the world comes first, and their love comes second.

So you didn't bother.

But that did not stop the Avengers from trying to make your miserable day a little better. Tony insisted you join him to a nice breakfast fit for Valentine's. And while it was the nicest breakfast you had ever had, and a great effort from Tony, it all felt weird. You didn't know how to act, especially with a million couples surrounding the two of you, stealing kisses every four seconds. You were just friends with Tony, not Valentines.

Then, Steve decided to get you to watch a movie with him huddled up in front of the large screen. He tried to pick a movie without much love, but there isn't a movie that exists without love these days. He ended up choosing How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days which had a cheesy plot, with a cheesy end, ending in love.

It was nice of him to think of you and make you all the snacks you wanted for the movie, but it was still weird. You just wanted to stay hidden in your bedroom with nothing to do. But it seemed that your friends would not let you do that. It was a strange feeling, and you knew something was wrong. No villain or crazy enemy had made a statement about how they were going to destroy Valentine's Day- and if you were being honest, it was a little quiet.

You were watching Netflix on your phone while under your covers, not wanting anything to mess with you. And in February in New York, it was cold, so it was acceptable to be under your covers in hiding. There was a knock at your door, and you groaned, hoping whoever was there would leave you alone.

The door opened, and you peeked over your phone to see Natasha standing in the doorway. "Well, Happy Valentine's Day," She chuckled and sat on the end of your bed.

You shut your phone off and rolled your eyes at Natasha. "I'm alone as fuck," You rolled over in your bed. "I've got no love."

Clint walked in as well with a smile on his face. "What's wrong?" Clint sat on the other end of your bed.

"Everything is perfect," You grumbled, making Natasha laugh.

She turned her head to Clint. "Are you and Laura going out tonight?"

Clint nodded, his smile getting bigger. "Yeah, we're going to dinner and then to a movie she really wants to see. I told her I had work to do during the day, though, as you know how things have been these past few years, and she was okay with that," Clint explained.

"Sounds like fun. I'm forcing Steve to go on a date, and I'm probably just going to spend the night here watching the radar," Natasha said, "Tell Laura I love her."

"Oh, totally. You know she loves you. But, she loves me more," Clint's face turned pink as he thought about his loving wife.

You threw a pillow over your face. "Hey Clint," The pillow muffled your words, but he still understood.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really glad that you found someone," You started, and Clint gave you a questioning look, "But please just shut up," You told the loved crazed man, hoping to get him to stop. Clint put his hands up in surrender and ducked his head down. He then stood up and walked out of your room, leaving you alone with Natasha. "Finally, love bird is gone."

---

Tony was out with Pepper. Natasha forced Steve to go on a date as well. Clint already had plans. Sam went to a bar with Bruce and Thor. That meant there were only a few people left in the base. Natasha made herself known, but you had no idea where Bucky was.

You continued to sit in your room and watch all the cheesy movies and shows you wanted, which was a great way to spend Valentine's Day. It was nice to have a break from having to save couples; maybe the villain finally had some sense knocked into them, or maybe they even got their own Valentine.

"How am I behind villains on love?" You groaned to yourself.

There was another knock at your door a few minutes later, and Bucky was calling your name. You opened the door to reveal yourself in your pajamas and Bucky in a nice black and white suit. "Buck? What are you wearing?"

"Would you care to accompany me to a dinner tonight?" Bucky leaned forward and held his hand out, a small smile on his face.

"Like, a date?" You raised your eyebrow.

Bucky nodded. "I was hoping so."

"I accept," You held his hand, "Just let me get changed first-"

"That's okay," He stopped you, gripping your hand tighter to grab your attention. We're just going to the dining room; what you're wearing is fine."

You turned your head. "You're so dressed up, though?"

He shrugged and put his arm around you, guiding you to the dining room. He pulled a chair out for you to sit on. You marveled at everything that was set up. "I made all of this myself with a little help from Natasha. I hope you like it."

You looked around, and he revealed what was under the plate covers. It looked amazing and smelled terrific. The room was lit with candles, and there were splashes of pink and red around the room; it was the first time in a while that you actually liked those colors.

You pointed to the center of the table at a card. "What's this?" You asked, and Bucky gestured for you to open it.

Will you be my valentine?

You grabbed a pen out of your pocket. You looked across at the man with a metal arm, nicely dressed in a suit and his hair slicked back. Then you looked down at yourself, colorful pajamas and messy hair.

Yes.