If I Could Tell Her - Peter Parker x (f)Reader

Words: 2254
Pairing: Peter Parker x (f)Reader
Featuring: Ned, Michele
Warnings: swearing, sad thoughts, angst
Summary: Based on the song If I Could Tell Her from Dear Evan Hansen, you have a crush on a boy but don't have the confidence to talk to him. Peter looks like his friend, and maybe he knows something. With that assumption in mind, you bring yourself to talk to him about your crush. How bad could a little lie be?
Author's Note: Though a little angsty, I love it! Also I made up the character that Y/N has a crush on bc I didn't want to use Flash again.

*Edited*

---

In English class, most times, you were unable to focus. It wasn't because of lack of understanding, daydreaming, or just not wanting to do anything; you were trying to read him. Not in a weird way of trying to figure out if you have telepathy, but you were trying to read his face to see if you could see what he was thinking. As he worked on the project with Peter Parker and Ned Leeds, you wondered if Peter and Ned were friends with him.

Of course, it would be hard to tell, as you do not talk to any of them regularly. Peter Parker: The dork you have talked to maybe twice who seems nervous around everyone. Ned Leeds: Peter's best friend who is just as dorky, but you do not know the slightest thing about. He always acts strange around you when you two have to work together in other classes; you just assume he dislikes you. And Jeremy Donnel: the boy you have a major crush on, have not talked to in complete sentences, but can't get out of your head. With your face-reading, you were almost sure he has no idea who you are.

There were two minutes until the bell rang, meaning everyone in the class was already packed up and crowding around the door. You have lunch next period, and you were almost sure Peter had lunch then, too. It was now or never, and you were just going to do it before your mind chickened out on you, and you never said a word.

"Hey, Peter," You called and walked up to where he and Ned were standing. "Hi, Ned. How's your project going?"

Peter jumped a little when he realized you were talking to him. "Um, it-it's going- real-really well!" Peter stuttered out with a smile on his face. "Y-yours?"

"I wouldn't know. I did what I was asked to research, and my partners wanted to put it all together," You shrugged. "You have lunch next period, right?"

The bell rang, and Peter nodded quickly. "Y-yeah...right...right now."

A smile grew on your face. "I have to ask you something, and it might be stupid, but if I don't-" You stopped yourself, deciding this was a bad idea, and why would Peter know?

"G-go for it. I'll answer," He encouraged as the two of you walked towards the lunch room. You started thinking about how you would start your questions, or even if Peter knew the answers.

You took a deep breath. "So, I know you know Jeremy; you guys are friends, right?" You asked.

Peter didn't want the conversation to end. He was freaking out inside; you wanted to talk about Jeremy? Honestly, he didn't even know Jeremy that well. The only reason they were partners was that Ned spoke up and asked him to join their group, and the teacher's rule is "never say no." Peter and Jeremy had rarely spoken before the project, and they were nothing more than acquaintances. "Yeah! Jeremy and I are pretty close. Why?" Peter replied, quicker than intended, hoping it wasn't suspicious.

You giggled a bit. "I just...I like him, right? And I just want to know if he even knows of me," You sighed, wondering how the hell you convinced yourself to do this. If you could travel back in time, you would totally stop yourself from having this conversation.

If there was one thing Peter knew about Jeremy Donnel, it was that he talks shit about nearly everyone. Of course, Jeremy knows who you are, but only because he made fun of everyone in English class. Peter panicked, not wanting to upset you, and he had very little idea of what he was going to do. Peter's massive crush on you was blocking out everything he should tell you, like the fact that he and Jeremy aren't close, that Jeremy only knows about you because he was talking bad, and that none of what he was about to say is true. "Are you kidding me? He thinks you're awesome!" Peter blurted out, finally figuring out what was going to happen, but couldn't stop himself.