Seventeen - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 3695
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Featuring: May Parker, Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, Ned Leeds, Flash Thompson, mentions of Tony Stark
Warnings: Character death, sadness, crying, yelling, relationship fighting
Summary: Based on Seventeen from the musical Heathers, Peter Parker and (Y/N) are 17 years old and in their senior year, and things have changed drastically since Peter first met Tony. Thanos has invaded and left his mark on the world, taking Tony Stark with him in his demise. For the last year, Peter has helped Pepper run Stark Industries to carry on the Stark legacy, and it is affecting Peter. You talk some sense into him, only to have someone point out a very specific theory about Peter Parker and the guy running around in a red and blue leotard.
Author's Note: This was written before IW and Endgame came out but it still mentions Thanos and that Tony died. In this, though, Tony died differently than the movie and his death is minorly described. No gore, but it is there. Peter and Y/N are 17 and seniors in high school.

*Edited*

---

"Where are you?" You asked into the phone as you sat in the Parker household, watching May try not to worry.

"Just finishing up some things," Peter replied.

You rolled your eyes. "May was so worried, Peter! You missed all her calls. You really need to start paying more attention to that. She was so worried she called me thinking you were with me," You sighed. "We need you to come back right now."

"I can't. I'm in the middle of some really important work that Pepper needed help on, and I told her-"

"I don't care," You interrupted. "You're seventeen, Peter; you're taking on a job that was made for someone far older and more experienced. You are still in school, I know you're a genius, but you seriously need to prioritize things. You are still a kid, I'm still a kid, you can't worry May like this!" You shouted. "You need to come home, do your homework, and get a good night's sleep."

Peter huffed. "I'll save things and leave in five minutes," He said. "I love you."

"I love you, too. We'll be waiting for you at your apartment," You said and hung up.

May looked like she was going to cry. Ever since she found out about Peter being Spider-Man, she was both more and less worried about him. She trusted that he knew what he was doing, but that never stopped her from being scared. "Thank you," May said. "You said all the things I was going to tell him."

"I worry about him, too," You reminded her. "He took on Tony Stark's job. I know he's been working it for a year, but he's still so young. I can't imagine having to work like he does," You told her.

May smiled and put her hand on your knee. "I'm glad he has you. How has he been at school?"

"Honestly, I haven't seen him much. During lunch, he rushes to the computer lab to work on something, and in the two classes we have together, it's hard to talk. And right after school, he either turns into Spider-Man, or Tony Stark," You said. It was sad that you didn't get to see your boyfriend as much, and it's something you really need to talk to him about. You miss him.

A car pulled up in front of Peter's apartment building. "Thanks, Happy," Peter said once he got out of the car. He grabbed his briefcase, his gym bag, and his book bag for school.

"Am I getting you from school tomorrow?" Happy asked.

Peter paused for a second and looked up at the building, seeing his apartment being one of the only ones with light still. "Uh...I'll call you. I have to talk to May."

Happy nodded and rolled up the window, leaving Peter standing in front of the building to face the rage of his aunt and his love alone. Peter hauled all his bags upstairs, trying to prepare for what could be said as soon as he walked in. Reaching the floor and the apartment, he moved his key around to open the door. "You're back," May smiled, standing up quickly. "I'm glad you're okay."