Subconsciously - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 5047
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Ned, MJ
Warnings: mentions getting hurt, amnesia, mentions painkillers and medical machines
Summary: During a patrol with Spider-Man, something happens and you get hurt, resulting in amnesia and an extra surprise your brain came up with. Now, Peter has to figure out a way to be around you without arguing.
Author's Note: We're back at it again with girl-next-door-writes 's Bingo challenge, and this is for the square "Temporary Amnesia" (with a mix of enemies to lovers hehe). We don't know IW and Endgame here. Aged up a bit, like seniors in hs.

*Edited*

---

Peter loves what he does: protecting New York, working with Tony Stark, and still being able to be a teenager. But what he didn't like came with what he loved: having to work with a partner, who he didn't get along with at all.

Spider-Man stood atop a tall building waiting for you to show up. He wasn't sure why Tony paired you two together; he was doing fine on his own! He jumped slightly when he heard feet land behind him and quickly turned around.

"You're late," Spider-Man said, and even though you couldn't see it, you knew he was glaring at you.

"No, I'm not!" You said and snatched your phone out of your pocket to show him. "I'm here exactly on time."

Spider-Man turned back around to look over the edge of the building. "Couldn't hurt to be here a few minutes early, could it?"

You moved to stand next to him and peered over the building as well. "MJ and I were doing homework; she wouldn't let me go until I finished math. Besides, you were late to first period this morning by three minutes, hypocrite."

"This is more important," Peter said.

"And I'm on time. You're wasting more time arguing with me; let's just go," You said and pushed your hands down to your sides, lifting yourself off the building like you had seen Wanda Maximoff do before. Peter groaned again and stuck his hand out to swing after you.

"I'm supposed to be leading!" He yelled.

"Then maybe you should've led instead of trying to get me in trouble," You rolled your eyes back at him when you landed on another building. Peter landed next to you and pointed at you, about to say something annoying, but you put your hand up to silence him. "Hang on, do you hear that?" You asked as you pushed past him and looked over the edge.

Both you and Peter heard some bickering on the sidewalk and noticed two people trying to pick the lock to the jewelry store below you. "I'll lead; you follow," Peter said and jumped off the building. You sighed quietly as you slowly let yourself fall down the side of the building, your forcefield protecting you from hitting the ground.

"Hey guys, what are we doing? How can I help?" Spider-Man joked as he put his head right between theirs, looking at the lock.

"Spider-Man!" The man shouted, and he noticed both were wearing dark masks to cover their faces. The man jumped back and quickly pulled a gun out, aiming it right at Spider-Man's chest. "I don't want to hurt you, man; just move on and let us do our thing."

"Yeah, I don't think that's going to work how you want it to," You said as you pointed at the gun, making the magazine and the bullet in the gun fall out, rendering it useless. "Maybe just give up while you're ahead. It will make the paperwork so much easier for us," You shrugged.

The woman looked around, planning her next move. You knew this would be easy, they were cornered, and they hadn't even made it into the store yet. As Peter grabbed the empty gun out of the man's hand, the woman kicked Peter's legs out from under him and pulled something out of the backpack the man had. She didn't hesitate and aimed the unusual weapon right at you, not giving you any warning, and shot.