Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1780
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: HYDRA agents, mentions of other Avengers.
Warnings: Gore and death (more than I normally write), knives
Summary: Based on the song and music video Say Amen (Saturday Night) by Panic! At The Disco, you an Avenger with powerful telekinesis and is dating Pietro Maximoff. The Avengers have to protect a very important key and put you in charge of it. After finally getting ready for the date, some people come in and decide to ruin it.
Author's Note: Though a pietro x reader fic, a lot of this fic does focus on yn just being a badass avenger because that's what i needed. There is more violence/gore than I normally write, and it is based on the music video, so I'm just warning that this is different than most of my stuff!

*Edited*

---

BREAKING NEWS

It was everywhere. The Avengers now had one of the most valuable keys in the world in their possession. The "Devil's Key." Except, it wasn't where people would have expected; it wasn't in the Avengers' base. It just so happened to be with you.

And not in a safe, not hidden in the walls. In fact, it was much closer to your heart, literally. It hangs around your neck as a necklace, hidden underneath your clothes. While you had the news playing in the background, listening to the good work you and your team did, you were getting ready for your date.

To be honest, you weren't quite sure what the key actually did. The only ones who really know why it is important are Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Natasha Romanoff. Nonetheless, you promised to keep it safe and would protect it with your life.

Having something so valuable would mean that people would be showing up at your door ready to kill for the key. You were ready at all times with things around the house to get out of being killed. It helped that you have telekinesis, making it a whole lot easier to move things quickly and giving you extra strength and power. As you walked out of your bathroom, you heard your phone buzz. Looking over, you zipped up your jacket and looked back, noticing a few people in dark clothes and black masks were staring at where the key was hanging underneath your shirt. You nodded once, smirked, and walked over to your phone, seeing a text from your boyfriend.

Piet: See you in 10, baby!

(Y/N): Make it 30.

You knew there had to be many more people throughout your house, ready to fight. You had a hunch they were all HYDRA agents, as many had been caught before trying to steal it from the Melbourne Museum of History just days and weeks before. You, of course, had taken down many HYDRA agents before when working with the Avengers, so this wouldn't be too difficult. However, killing wasn't as evident in those fights; knocking them out was enough. This time, you needed to be certain no one would get the Devil's Key.

As you walked over to your vanity, you flicked a switch to turn your fan on and pulled out a few of your boyfriend's ties. Recently, Pietro had been leaving things at your house, and it was also your idea to have some of his stuff just in case. After examining them, you tied them together to make them longer.

This was going to be an eventful Saturday night.

The masked agents watched you, trying to come up with a plan to take you down. "There's nothing that's left for me at my door," You said to them. "All the people I know aren't who they used to be." You know some people worked undercover in SHIELD, people who you used to know. Now, the people that were being discovered daily as HYDRA agents shocked you. "And if I try to change my life one more day, there would be nobody else to save," You continued, talking about all the times people tried to get you to change who you are. But now, you protect more people than you have ever hurt.