Times Have Changed - Pietro Maximoff & (f)Reader

Words: 2929
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff & (f)Reader, slight Bucky x Reader
Featuring: Skinny Steve, Bucky Barnes,  Howard Stark, Peggy Carter, Wanda Maximoff, Supersoldier Steve Rogers, Tony Stark
Warnings: mentions death, time-traveling, swearing
Requested by anon
Summary: Instead of Pietro dying in the Battle of Sokovia, Wanda did. Pietro was lost and unsure of anything without her. Determined to get her back by time travel, he overshot the time a bit and ended up many, many years off. The objective: Get back to 2017 without changing anything.
Author's Note: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this au. Time travel is so cool, but also confusing af, so if there are some *inaccuracies,* let's say no there isn't :)

*Edited*

---

After Wanda died, Pietro had been a mess. 

Pietro saved Clint and a little boy, but it was close. And even though the Maximoff boy was new and on the other side for most of the battle, no one wanted him dead. He was an important addition to the team, as speed could be very valuable. It was very lucky when it was found out he was only shot in the leg and arm, nothing that couldn't be fixed with Dr. Cho's help.

Everyone besides the flying heroes was on the Helicarrier and away from the danger. All except Wanda Maximoff, she was guarding in the church. And once Sokovia started to fall, she went to go see Ultron. She wanted to get revenge and see him die. He hurt her and Pietro, and she would not allow him to get away with it.

"Wanda, if you stay here, you'll die," Ultron warned her.

"Do you know how it will feel?" Wanda asked Ultron, and before he could respond, her hand jolted forward and pulled his heart out. "Like that."

Ultron groaned and laughed. "You missed," He told her, and she looked down. She didn't grab his heart; she grabbed a bomb that was inside of him; it activated once it was outside of his body.

You would never forget Pietro's scream when he saw an explosion and Vision flying out with Wanda in his arms.

He had lost a piece of himself, his best friend, the person who was always by his side. He didn't know how to cope with it, as it all hurt so much. He would just fight and scream and hit, and he was never able to get her out of his head.

"Hey," Pietro walked up to you on the six-month anniversary of Wanda's death. Besides Wanda, you were the one person he trusted the most, and the person he became friends with.

"Hey, Piet, how are you?" You asked him, carefully asking and trying to make sure he wouldn't break down.

Pietro sat down next to you, tear-stained cheeks and all. "I need your help, and I need you not to tell anyone," He started, and you nodded to let him continue on. "We're going back in time to the Battle of Sokovia. When we go there, there will be two of us. I will be injured, but time travel me will be perfectly okay, and I can run to save Wanda. You will be looking after Sokovians, but time travel, you will make sure no one else knows there's two of you and me. Can you help?" Pietro spit out.

You took a deep breath. "Pietro, time travel isn't real."

"Yes, it is! I ran fast enough and re-lived yesterday. I just have to run faster, longer, and we can save her. Everything would be so much better with her here," Pietro tried to get you on board, and you couldn't say no. Wanda was your friend, too, and you know how much she would help.

"One shot, Maximoff."

---

It was most definitely not six months ago. Time travel is not an exact science, and not having Tony or Bruce helping you also added to the reason why something was wrong. You knew you weren't in the right year, but what year was it?