Disconnected - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 1531
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Warnings: yn gets really stressed and slight anxiety
Summary: Based on the song Disconnected by 5 Seconds Of Summer, you have the power to control the weather (atmokinesis), and are an Avenger, a full-time student, and a reporter under J. Jonah Jameson at the Daily Bugle. One particular weekend, you have a lot going on, and the stress is entirely evident. Luckily, Peter Parker is there to help ease the stress in the cutest way.
Author's Note: This is for Taylor's secret Santa challenge and I am stephie-senpai 's secret Santa! I love this song and this fic was a lot of fun :)

*Edited*

---

"Keep up, Peter!" You shouted as you swung from another building, racing to get to the brightest building the two of you could see.

You could hear Peter laugh as he followed behind you. "You're only a little quicker than me!" He shouted and swung across the buildings, landing on the one you decided to stop at. "I still don't know how you do it."

You smirked and looked at the mess the two of you left behind, both of you in your super suits. Unlike Peter, you did not have spider powers, but you could swing just like him. With your powers, you use thin, flexible ice to transport yourself around.

"I've had my powers a lot longer than you, that's how," You smirked. "And I live with the Avengers. We have races."

"Good point," Peter pointed at you. Tonight was one of the nights where neither of you had anything you needed to do, and there was no world-threatening villain that you had to fight. So you and Peter could just have fun and swing around the city, and it didn't really bother anyone. His webs disintegrate, and your ice melts, so it works out well. And you would always win the races between the buildings.

Your powers were intense, as you can manipulate any type of weather. You are the best at water manipulation that includes ice, water, snow, fog, and some more, but the rest were getting better the more you worked on them. "Wanna race to the Daily Bugle, then to Avengers Tower?" You asked. "We can scare Tony. Twenty bucks he's still up and working in the lab."

"I'm not betting you because you're right. But sure, let's race to your work, then to your house," Peter nodded. "You know if Tony catches you out, he's probably going to make you either work on training or go to bed as soon as he sees you," Peter said, adjusting his mask.

"I'm willing to take the risk," You smiled. "Ready? Let's race!"

---

-Daily Bugle reports.
-Read and peer edit co-workers' report for work.
-Do a special assignment for JJJ.
-Finish school work.

-Work on mastering electricity manipulation.

-Help Tony with the project of "super-healer."

All these tasks for the weekend were swirling around in your head, stressing you out. It was Saturday night, and all day you were on and off working on two of the reports you have for your job at the Daily Bugle while also trying to finish schoolwork, in between relaxing and practicing powers. Your brain was filled with thoughts about how you could go about everything before Monday, but nothing was coming up, and you were insanely stressed.

You were stressed to the point where you couldn't even get any work done because your head hurt so much. You hadn't even turned your lights on after the sun went down as you sat in front of your computer. You never picked up your phone to respond to the mass amount of texts Peter was sending you, and he was getting worried after the amount of no responses.

He checked his phone and saw it was going to rain tonight. Suiting up, Peter Parker swung out of his apartment, hoping to make it out and to shelter before getting rained on.