The daughter of the sun and moon - Part 3 - Tyrion x Reader

So, this is the third instalment of the imagine that I started in my last book. I hope that you enjoy. 🦁

She gasped. The cool air in the great expanse of the room filing her lungs. She had no idea where she was. The last thing that she could remember was arguing with her father about marrying Cayde. The pain as the dagger of the sun pierced her side, before she fell to the floor. Her father calling for her mother as he cradled her in his dying child in his arms. She could have sworn that she had passed over to the next world, yet here she was. Though where she was, she didn't know.

The vast room was dark apart from a few dull torches that littered the walls. She could never remember having seen anything like it before. But wherever it was, all she hoped was that her husband was nearby. The husband that she feared that she would never see again.

Slowly she rose. Her long white gown draping itself over the cold stone bed on which she had been laying, like a fresh fall of snow. Her naked feet tentatively touching the hard floor as she shakily stood. The lions that had sat at her head and feet, stretching and shaking out their great manes as they too sprung to life.

"Cayde." She called out. Her hesitant voice echoing around the room. The floor beneath her feet suddenly shaking violently, as if reacting to her tone.

"Cayde. Where are you?" She called out again. Her cry accompanied by another, more violent tremor, that nearly threw her to the floor.

Flinging open the doors to the room, she began to run. The long expanses of corridors seeming to stretch on forever as the ground around her continued to shake. Her every word seeming to make that tremors more violent. The two lions following dutifully behind her.

"Cayde. Please. Where are you? I need you. My father.........." The woman cried as she fell to her knees. The two great cats roaring as they surrounded their sobbing ward. The beasts continuing to protect her as they had done for millennia.

                                                                 >>-------------------------------<<

Tyrion was shaken from his slumber. The little lion nearly falling from his bed as the foundations of his ancestral home seemed to want to shake themselves to destruction.

After finally leaving the princess, he had managed to rest. His eyes closing as he thought about her legend and what the real princess (Y/n) would have been like in life. His dreams filling with visions of her beautiful face. But as the walls around him shook once again. The sounds of some fearsome things filling his ears. All thoughts of the princess left him as he jumped from his bed. Tyrion fearing that some unknown force, or maybe an armada from the Iron Isles, had come with intentions of invasion. The Greyjoy's not averse to the odd rebellion.

Racing down the corridor, Tyrion's eyes fell on the shocked faces of the Lannister's retinue. The men and women looking to the youngest Lannister for help and guidance.

"Milord!" Timos called out, as he made his way to Tyrion's side. Bronn bursting from his room with sword in hand as he prepared for a fight.

"What tha fucks goin on?" The sellsword growled, as the rock beneath them continued to rumble and quake. The sound of the snarls and bellows of great creatures shaking the lungs of all those present.

"I don't know. I have never known the ground to shake like this. And that certainly doesn't sound like its coming from any army that I have ever heard." Tyrion replied, as he continued on his way down the corridor. More determined than ever to find out what was causing his ancestral home to threaten to crumble around them.

                                                             >>---------------------------------<<

Tyrion came to a sudden stop and stared in disbelief at the exquisite creature that sat sobbing on the stone floor. Bronn and all the others joining him as they too could do nothing but stare, as a pair of mighty lions lay at either side of the mystery woman's trembling form. He had no idea where she had come from, or even how she had made it into one of the most impenetrable castles in the whole of the Seven Kingdoms. But as the rock trembled once again at the sound of her cries, the little lion knew he had to do something.

"My lady." Tyrion said quietly, as he cautiously took a step closer to the woman. The huge creatures to her sides, sitting up and growling as he took another step. His heart beating violently in his chest as she finally looked up at him. The true extent of her beauty completely revealed.

"My lord." The woman said as she brushed away the tears from her cheeks. Feeling slightly happier that her eyes had now found another living soul.

"I am looking for my husband, Cayde. Do you know of him? Do you know where he is?" She asked. Tyrion's eyes growing wide at the name of the First Man from the legend.

"Cayde?" The Lannister asked in disbelief, as the vision of beauty gracefully rose to her feet. The lions moving with her as she took a step forward. The rock around them no longer shaking.

"Yes. Cayde, my husband. Where is my husband? She enquired, as she smiled softly at the little amn. The mere presence of the woman making Tyrion almost forget that anything else existed.

"And.........and whom might you be. If ya don't mind me asking?" Tyrion finally replied, as he tentatively took another step closer to the beautiful creature. Making sure not to anger the beasts by her sides.

"Forgive me, my lord. I am lady (Y/n). Daughter of the sun and moon, the first of our kind. And wife of Cayde. And these are my protector. Hunter and Rebel. It is a pleasure to meet you." (Y/n) said respectfully, as she gave the little man a slight bow. The lions seeming to do the same.

"Now please. Where is my husband?" (Y/n) beseeched as she fell to her knees before Tyrion. Taking his hands in hers and holding them tight.

Tyrion didn't know what to say. There wasn't a single person present that could truly believe what they were seeing or hearing. The youngest Lannister wondering if someone had somehow managed to slip shade of the evening into his wine. But as the princess looked up into his eyes. The tears once again threatening to fall. Tyrion knew there was only one thing he could do. And that was tell her the truth.

"My lady. I am so sorry, but I am afraid that we need to speak. There are some things that you need to know." Tyrion replied. Not sure how he was going to break the news to the already desperate and confused woman.

"Please my lady. I need you to come with me." He continued, as he helped her to her feet. (Y/n) hesitantly taking his hand and walking with him.

                                                            >>---------------------------------<<

Bronn and the others watched of Tyrion spoke to the woman. Her eyes looking up at the walls of the castle, and the rock beneath their feet, as the little man told her of the legend of her and Cayde.

"Do ya really think that she's who she says she is. That she is that legendary princess of yours?" Bronn asked quietly, as Tyrion joined him. The sellsword's eyes firmly fixed on the softly glowing woman. He himself sure that he had never seen another that could rival her.

"There seems no other explanation for what is happening. She is definitely not like anything I have seen before. And the lions that follow her are greater than any other. If she wasn't the princess, why would she be here?" Tyrion replied. Hating himself for having to tell her that the man that she had sacrificed everything for was now dead. And if the legend was to be believed, now the rock on which the castle stood. The little lion desperately wishing that he could mend her broken heart.

"My lord." (Y/n) sad, yet melodious voice called out. Tyrion turning his attention back to the princess as she rose from the chair and made her way over to where he and Bronn stood.

"I know that it is a lot to ask, But I was hoping that you would be kind enough to allow me to remain here. I can't imagine that there are any of my kind left in this world. And I have nowhere else to go. And as this rock means as much to me as it obviously does to you and your family. I hope that you will allow me to stay." (Y/n) said, holding back more tears as she looked at Tyrion.

"Of course, ya can. Ya can stay as long as ya like. It would be an honour fa ya ta remain in Casterly Rock. Why don't ya let me show ya ta a room?" Bronn interjected, as he took the princess' hand. The sellsword leading her down the corridor, not even waiting for Tyrion's answer.