Fate - Part 5 - Jaime x Ramsay x Reader

"I'm sorry, Jaime. I should have said something before. But when I saw you again, a forced marriage to that........that.......man, was the last thing on my mind. In fact, I have been trying to block out the notion of it, ever since I received word from the king. I have only met Ramsay, once. And believe me, that was enough. I was only in his company for a few moments, and that was all it took for me to realise what kind of man he is." (Y/n) explained, as she got to her feet and began to pace the room.

"Ramsay Bolton is an evil sadist. He is ruthless, and I am sure that he will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. I hate to think about what he must have done or said, to get the king to agree to our match. When he came down to my home, he was doing his best to be kind and sweet. Yet I knew that he was the furthest thing from it. I hate to think what he will do to me if we marry. That when he has the wealth. My father's titles. I have a terrible feeling that I will meet with some awful accident. Either that, or I will be forced to spend the rest of my life with him. Watching as he parades a string of mistresses and whores through my ancestral home. And to be brutally honest, I don't know which of the scenarios is worse. Part of me hoped that I would die in that fight today. That one of Cardinal Baelish' men would be good enough to best me. That he would put me out of my misery. Yet here I am. Still faced with the horror of having to marry........to marry that man." (Y/n) continued. Doing her best to fight back the tears that threatened to fall, as she saw the look on Jaime's face out of the corner of her eye.

"He will come looking for me, Jaime. If he discovers that I am in Paris. That.......that I am with you. He will come looking. He made it quite clear that I am his. His possession. And he will not allow anyone else to have me. Especially not you." The countess added with a heavy sigh, as she reluctant retook her seat.

"When we met, I mentioned the Musketeers. Mentioned your name. And as soon as I did, his demeanour changed. He asked me all manner of questions. Questions about us. About what we meant to one another. And when I told him that I had loved you. That I would always loved you. He wasn't what I would call, pleased." (Y/n) finished. The countess dropping her head into her heads. Not sure what the Musketeer would say to her confession.

(Y/n) had hoped that her letters of appeal to the king, would have persuaded him to rethink his decision about the marriage. That her appeals to the queen, from one woman to another, regarding the dubious character of Ramsay, may have helped. Yet nothing seemed to have worked. The king had said that she had to marry. So, marry she must. And that was one of the reasons that (Y/n) had travelled to the capital a day early. She had known that Jaime was a Musketeer, and she had hoped that if she made her way to the garrison, then she might possibly be able to find him. Hoped that her childhood friend, her love, would still have some feelings for her. Would be able to come to her rescue. But she had not planned on getting in a fight. Not planned on her husband to be, possibly finding out about her being in Paris a day before she should be. (Y/n) now sure that she had brought nothing but trouble Jaime's way.

"(Y/n)." The golden lion said softly, as he crouched down before her. The Musketeer taking her hands in his.

"The king has said that you have to marry, yes?" Jaime asked. (Y/n) nodding her head slowly in reply.

"If that is the case, then one husband should be as good as another. One suitor, as good as another, no?" Jaime added, as he placed his hand under (Y/n)'s chin, raising her head so that he could look into her glistening tear soaked eyes.

"I.........I suppose so." (Y/n) sniffed. Jaime carefully brushing the tears from her cheeks.

"Then marry me, (Y/n). We will face the king together, tomorrow. Face Ramsay. We will tell them that you cannot be wed. And we will face the consequences together."