Home again - Part 1 - Tywin x Jaime x Reader

Now, this is really a Jaime story, but I thought I would start with the old lion himself. Hope you enjoy.

The carriage slowly rumbled its way along the rough roads that led to the capital. (Y/n) not noticing the sounds of the rattling wheels or whinnying horses, as she caught her first glimpse of the towers of the Red Keep. The pink hue to the stones seeming to glint in the bright sunlight.

It had been so long since she had seen that view. So long since she had been in the city. So long since she had seen all those that she cared about, that now, as the dark and grimy city got steadily closer, she couldn't help but feel her nervousness claw at her insides like a terrible beast.

She had been raised as the ward of the old lion. A daughter of an old friend that the head of House Lannister had taken pity on. She had grown up with Tyrion. With the twins. She had enjoyed all the trappings of being a surrogate lioness. Yet as much as Tywin had tried to make her a lady, her rebellious streak would not allow it. She was a fighter. A warrior just like her father and given that, she had had no intention of being sold to some rotund soak, as Cersei had been. No intention of letting Tywin, no matter how much she had come to care for the rather distant old man over the years, sell her to improve his power and wealth. So, she had run. She had left all that she could remember. All that she had known, in order to find the life that she so craved. To find her freedom, and adventure. To show that she not only deserved to be seen as her real father's daughter, but also that she deserved to think of herself as a lion.

So, she had travelled the length and breadth of Westeros. She had sailed the sea and made her way to Essos, fighting for any that appeared to her to have the most just of causes. Using the abilities and knowledge that she had not only learnt from her tutors, but also Jaime and Bronn. From her little fount of knowledge, Tyrion. Using the cunning and guile that she had picked up from Cersei and Tywin to her advantage. Yet now, after all this time, she was headed home. Desperate to see if her "family" would accept her back into the fold. To see if Tywin would forgive her for disobeying him. To see if Tyrion and Bronn were as much fun as they had always been. But most of all, she was desperate to see him. She was desperate to see Jaime.

From the first moment she had met him as a young child, (Y/n) had loved the golden lion. It was true that he could be arrogant. A little narcissistic even. A strutting peacock of a man. Yet under all that pride and brashness, there beat the heart of a good man. A sweet and loving man. Especially when he could drag himself away from Cersei's side, and just enjoy his time with her and Tyrion. But she had never been able to tell Jaime how she felt. Never been able to tell him how much she truly cared. And when he had taken the Kingsguard oath, (Y/n) knew that it was too late to try and say anything. That even though she would have given anything to become his bride, all that now was impossible. The thought of being the lover, the wife of anyone but Jaime, being the spur, she had needed to vanish into the night. Yet here she was, after years away, still as anxious to see the golden lion as she ever was. Anxious to see if anything had changed. To see if there could possibly be a hope for her.

"Milady............" A voice suddenly came. The deep, warm tone shaking the old memories from her mind.

"Yes Lucas............." (Y/n) replied, as the man on horseback drew his mount up to the window of the carriage.

"Lord Lannister wished to be informed before you made your way into the city. I will be riding ahead to give him the news of your imminent arrival." The large, dark haired man informed her, as the small entourage continued on its way.

"Of course.............." (Y/n) agreed. Watching as the bannerman rode off. Leaving (Y/n) to wonder what kind of reception she would face, as she made her way back into the Keep.

She had sent a raven to Tywin some time ago, informing the old lion that she wished to return to the capital. (Y/n) quite surprised when a Lannister carriage and group of bannermen had managed to find her way to her. But this seeming generosity didn't mean that the Lannister patriarch would so easily forgive her for just leaving without a by your leave. That he wouldn't have plans of his own. Yet she did hope that the gruff lion had missed her as much as she had missed him. That despite her fears and knowledge of Tywin's usual temperament, she might just find herself welcomed back with open arms.

                                                           >>-------------------------------<<

"What is it?" Tywin huffed, as a knock came to his door. The old lion, as always, not in the mood to be disturbed. A rather nervous looking servant poking his head around the edge of the slowly opening ingress.

"It...........its Captain Lucas, milord. He has come with news about lady.........."

"Lucas.......? Yes, yes. Let him in............" Tywin interrupted, as he dropped the piece of parchment in his hand back onto the pile in front of him. The lion watching as the captain made his way into the room.

"Milord..........."

"I take it that lady (Y/n) is almost here?" Tywin interjected, as he got to his feet and straightened his heavy tunic.

"Yes, milord. The carriage should just be coming to the outskirts of the city......."

"And is the lady well.........?" The lord continued, as he made his way out of the door. The bannerman following close behind, as Tywin walked briskly towards the courtyard. Wanting to be waiting when his ward returned.

"Yes, milord. Lady (Y/n) appears in rude health and good humour......." The bannerman replied. His brows furrowing as the lord let out an amused snort.

"I would expect nothing else." Tywin responded. A rare smile creeping onto his lips, as he thought about seeing the beautiful young woman again.

He had to admit that he had been angered when she had run away. Angered and disappointed. Yet, he knew that he couldn't not blame her. She had always been her father's daughter. She had always been rebellious. She had always been a little too stubborn and strong minded for her own good. Yet they were the reasons that he had come to see her as his own child. A child that he had grown to care for. And he had hoped that given the feelings he knew she had secretly harboured for his oldest son, that one day she would be a Lannister in name as well. But Jaime's decision to take the oath had put an end to those hopes. Had put an end to the idea of having his heir and ward call themselves lord and lady of Casterly Rock. To having new lions be born to the pride. Though he did hope that now she was returning to Kings Landing. That she was returning to the Keep. Jaime would see what he had lost. What he had given up by taking the white cloak.

"Milord..........." The bannerman's voice came. Tywin realising that he was now stood in the courtyard. That the carriage that he had sent for (Y/n) was coming in through the gate. The old lion doing his best to hide his smile, as the landeau was pulled to a halt, and the door opened.