Huntress - Part 5 - Robb x Reader

Robb wrapped his cloak around his new bride, as the two made their way back outside the castle. They had agreed that they would keep their marriage a secret, at least until the competition was over, and Winterfell was back to just being the family. Until they could bring her father from their small home further north. Robb had assured (Y/n) that despite her fears, that his mother and father would get used to the idea of them being wed, and that his father in particular, already loved her.

(Y/n) nuzzled her face into Robb's chest. She no longer cared about the competition, she already had the greatest prize, yet she wanted to win it for her husband. She wanted to win it to show that Robb hadn't made the wrong decision in marrying her. And she wanted to give her man the bragging rights over his friend.

"I swear that you look more beautiful than ever before." Robb chuckled, as he wrapped his arm tighter around her waist. The young wolf sure that he was happier than he had ever been in his life. That after all these years, he finally had what he had always wanted. The woman of his dreams, now his bride. And she would never have to leave his side again.

"But I have never been (Y/n) Stark before. I have never been married to you before. I have never been so happy before. Perhaps that is what makes me so beautiful." (Y/n)

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Everyone is waiting for you." Bran suddenly called out, as he rushed over to his oldest brother and the huntress. The little wolf taking (Y/n)'s hand and pulling her from Robb, as he tried to take her to the arena.

"Oh yes, how could I forget. But I have to get my bow first." (Y/n) told Bran, as she dragged the young boy over to where she had left her bow. (Y/n) eyes widening, her heart shattering into tiny pieces as she saw what was left of her precious weapon. The huntress falling to her knees, as she picked up the broken pieces.

"(Y/n). What............" Robb began as he rushed over to see what had happened to his new bride. The young wolf stopping as he saw the fragments of the smashed bow. The heir to Winterfell dropping to his knees by (Y/n)'s side. His arms wrapping around her, as her whole body began to shake from sobbing.

"Why, Robb? What did I ever do wrong do to the gods for them to allow this? To allow my bow to be taken from me." (Y/n) cried. Her hands letting the remnants of her weapon slip through her fingers. Bran joining (Y/n) and his brother. The young boy looking forlornly at the splintered pieces of wood, as he placed his hand on (Y/n)'s arm. Doing his best to try and console his new friend.

"It was my mothers. It was the only thing that I had left of her. Now I have nothing. I can't hunt without it. I can't win this competition............" The huntress explained. (Y/n) stopping midsentence and jumping to her feet, as she realised that only one person could have done this. That only one person would do something so wicked.

"Ramsay! This was him, I'm gonna kill him for this. I am going to make that bastard regret this!" (Y/n) declared, as she pulled a knife from her boot and stormed off to find the Dreadfort bastard. Robb and Bran looking at one another in disbelief for a moment, before they both realised that they better stop her.

"(Y/n) please. Stop!" Robb called out, as he and his younger brother raced to catch up with the irate huntress. Her husband catching her by the arm and pulling her towards him. Bran grabbing hold of her hand, as he tried to help his brother hold the woman in place.

"No, Robb! I know that he did this. Ramsay was the only one that it was there. He was the only one that saw where I put my bow. He is a snivelling coward. He knew that he couldn't best me. That he couldn't beat me. He knew that he was going to be humiliated. That I would never be his. And that is why he did it. He took my most important possession from me. So now, I am going to make him pay for it. And I don't care if Roose Bolton sends all his men after me. I don't even care if flays the skin from my body. I am going to kill Ramsay Snow!" (Y/n) growled, as she tried to struggle from her husband's grasp. From Bran's. Yet as Robb pulled her to his chest, his fingers delicately combing through her hair. As Bran wrapped his arms around her waist and squeezed her tight. The huntress's fervour faltered. (Y/n) beginning to cry again, as she realised that the last connection she had with her mother, was gone. That it now lay shattered on the dirt floor.

"Bran. Go to father. Tell him that (Y/n) has been delayed, but that she will be coming soon. That he is not to start the next round before she gets there." Robb told his brother. Bran nodding his head in agreement, before running off to tell their father what Robb had said.

"How can I go? I have no weapon. I have used that bow since I was little. I have hunted with it every day. I have slept in the snow, the wind, the rain with it, as my only companion. Cared for it as if it were my own child, But now........now I have nothing. And Ramsay knows that. He knows that I only ever use that bow." (Y/n) reasoned, as Robb brushed the tears from her eyes.

"Do you actually think that I would let this put you out of the competition? That I would allow someone like Ramsay Snow get away with this. That I wouldn't have a gift for my new bride on our wedding day?" Robb said. A small smile creeping across his lips, as he raised (Y/n)'s head so that he could look into her eyes.

"No." (Y/n) sniffed, as her wolf slowly took her over to one of the stone steps and sat her down.

"Good. Now, if I leave you to get your gift, I want you to promise that you will stay here. That you won't go and try and confront Ramsay. At least not until you have your surprise." Robb told her. The wolf kissing his bride on the forehead, as she nodded slowly in agreement. (Y/n)'s brows furrowing as Robb raced back into the castle.

                                                         >>--------------------------------<<

Ramsay grinned to himself, as he and the others waited for (Y/n) to arrive. The bastard of the Dreadfort the only one to know that when the huntress did get to the arena, that she would have to forfeit. That she would have to drop out of the competition. That she would never use another bow, other than the one that she always carried. And in the end, it would most likely be he and Greyjoy that would shoot it out for the prize.

He had not liked having his advances turned down by (Y/n). He had not liked how she had spoken to him. How she had undermined him and compared him unfavourably to Robb. He liked even less that it appeared that she thought that she was better than him. That he wasn't good enough for a simple huntress. That she would be able to beat him. And so, he had destroyed the one thing that she held dear. The only thing that was of importance to her. The one thing that had ensured that she and her father had never starved. But now, now that she no longer had it. Ramsay hoped that the idea of being with him, would be better than the idea of freezing to death with an empty stomach.

"Ah, (Y/n). There you are." Ned called out, a smile spreading across his lips, as (Y/n) made her way into the arena. Ramsay's eyes growing wide in disbelief, as he saw the beautifully carved new bow in the huntress's hand. And a look of determination in her eye.

"My apologises. Lord Stark. I was detained. But I am ready now." (Y/n) announced, bowing to the old wolf, before moving to her position and notching her first arrow.