Death's Watch - Part 3 - Tywin x Reader

"It is amazing how a man like Baratheon became king. Is it not? The fates are indeed fickle." The Guard commented as she looked around the room in the Maidenvault.

"But it is war that makes kings, not gold. That is why the Seven Kingdoms have suffered through some of the most despotic, mad, and dangerous monarchs ever. Yet, men with gold are little better than those that can wield an axe. For rich men tend to be greedy. That is how they acquired their wealth in the first place. Greed, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get it. But at least you can trust a greedy man to always be greedy. You are always aware that they are perfectly willing to stab you in the back, if it means increasing, or keeping their wealth. It is more men like your King Robert that should be watched. For they can be foolish, and foolish men are dangerous and unpredictable. Therefore, I find it better to trust no man. Especially one that calls himself lord, or king." (Y/n) continued, as she dropped her saddlebag onto the large bed that stood proudly in the middle of the room. Tywin not really sure that he had an answer to the High Crimson Guards remark. And not quite sure whether he should feel insulted or not.

"This room will do well. Now, I will require a servant.........." The guard began as she turned her attention back to Tywin.

"Of course. I will have one of the young women.........."

"Young woman? I have no need for a lady's maid, Lannister. Not unless these young women, know how to help me with my armour. I have need of a squire. A young man that is willing to assist me while I am here. I do not need my hair brushed or help with getting into dresses." (Y/n) scoffed. The Guard annoyed at the insinuation that she would be anything like the women of the Seven Kingdoms.

"Of course, how foolish of me. But, may I ask.......the Death's Watch are not known for having men in their ranks. Who is it that normally helps you with your armour?" Tywin replied sarcastically. The old lion strangely finding that he was enjoying being around the High Guard, despite her slight insults.

"I am finding it hard to understand why Robert would have you has his Hand, Lannister. I mean, apart from the fact that your gold owns him, and you sold your only daughter to him. If I had a Hand, I would want them to at least know a little about the envoys that were coming to the capital. To have looked into their culture, ways, and beliefs. Yet you do not appear to have done any of that." (Y/n) huffed as she moved to stand before Tywin. The old lion staring deep into the Guards eyes as she looked at him. The Lannister patriarch not wishing to be seen to back down. Even if it were just he and (Y/n) in the room.

"If you had bothered to read or learn anything about the Death's Watch, you would know that the squires of High Crimson Guards, are young women that were born to be guards themselves. Girls that are trained from a young age to know that eventually, if a High Guard dies in battle, they will take their fallen sister's place. It is our sacred duty to teach the next generation of sisters. An honour to protect and serve the mothers, and one another. Under normal circumstances, male hands would not be permitted to touch either my armour, or myself. It considered a sin for a High Guard to have her maiden form sullied by the hand of a man. But these are not normal circumstances, and given the way that most families in the Seven Kingdoms view their daughters, as commodities to be bought and sold. As little more than breeding cows, I doubt that one of your young women would know how to dress me. Would know how to care for my armour and my weapons. So, I must ask for the assistance of a male squire. A squire that has some experience, not some young boy that will just scurry away as soon as I look at him." The High Crimson Guard explained, as it became more than obvious to the old lion that his formidable reputation meant nothing to the beautiful woman in front of him. And that she had absolutely no intention of letting him win their little staring contest.

"I will ensure that a suitable squire is found for you. Now, do you require any further assistance, or may I return to the duties for which you believe I am so woefully inadequate?" Tywin replied. The Hand sure that he could see a glimmer of amusement in the woman's eyes.

"I believe that I requested to be shown the Keep. And I believe that I also requested that you do that. Wouldn't it reflect well on you and your King if you were to make some effort, even if it were only a token one, to make me feel welcome, so that I will send favorable letters to the mothers? I must ask, are you like this with all the other envoys that come to the capital, or is this all especially for me? No, I think it is more that the great Tywin Lannister. The old lion. The Hand of the King isn't used to having someone not cower at the mere mention of his name. Someone that that does not tremble at his roar. Or turn tail and run as soon as he is benevolent enough to bestow his presence upon them. Especially when that someone is a woman. Well, Tywin. I am afraid that it is just something that you are going to have to get used to. The Death's Watch. The High Crimson Guards, do not cower, tremble or turn and run. It is others that shrink away in fear when they see the sight of my sisters on the battlefield. It is others that recoil in terror when they hear our cry. I have met men like you before, Tywin. Privileged. Rich. Powerful. Arrogant and conceited. Yet none of them have ever intimidated me. And you are just the latest of those. You see, I did you the honour of learning about you and your family before I made my way here. About your past, your accomplishments, your children. And I believe that I understand you quite well. I know that you and I will be forced to spend time together while I am here. So, for your sake, the sake of your king and his kingdom, I would suggest that we learn to at least be cordial with one another. And you get used to having a woman not fall at your feet." (Y/n) replied. She and Tywin now standing almost chest to chest.

Normally Tywin would not allow anyone to speak to him in such a fashion. Especially when that someone, as (Y/n) had herself noted, was a woman. He would have them cut down; their body displayed for all to see, to show that no one was allowed to stand against him. But Tywin had to admit that there was something about this Guard. Something stimulating about the way that she looked at him. The way that she expressed herself. The way that she held herself. Something that made him feel..........well, feel alive. Intrigued. And he wanted more. More of her company and harsh words. The notion of getting to know the woman more intimately. Of possibly knowing the maiden warrior like no other man had been able to, quite arousing.

"Of course. How could I forget. It would be my privilege to show you the castle. And anything else that your heart desires." Tywin retorted, as he gestured for the Guard to follow him out of the room. The Hand of the King having a feeling that the High Crimson Guards stay, was going to make life in the capital, much more interesting.