Sick - Robb x Reader

Some swine has given me a rotten cold, and I feel terrible. 🤧 So, what greater way to help myself feel better, than have the lovely young wolf as a nurse maid. 🤒😊 Sorry it's a little shorter.

(Y/n) sat in bed. Coughing, sneezing, and feeling, well let's face it, feeling downright terrible. She hadn't had been unwell in years, so now, it felt like her body had forgotten how to fight off the dreaded malady. And consequently, every inch of her. Every last muscle and nerve seemed to hurt. Even her teeth seemed to ache. And the pile of handkerchiefs that required cleaning by the side of the bed, seemed to be getting bigger and bigger as she blew her sore red nose, for what felt like the millionth time that hour.

"How do you feel?" A soft voice enquired. Robb's head appearing from around the slowly opening door. A soft smile gracing his features, as his eyes fell on his ailing bride to be. A woman who was looking ever so slightly sorry for herself.

No matter how much she had told him to keep his distance. Told him that she didn't want him to get sick too. Robb would always be Robb, and in the nicest way possible, hadn't listened to a word she had said. Instead insisting on popping in as often as possible, to make sure that the woman he loved wasn't on the verge of death.

"I still believe that I am going to die at any moment. And my head feels as though I have been drinking copious amounts of your father's best wine. Yet Maestre Luwin tells me that I will be fine in a few more days." (Y/n) chuckled, as she pulled the furs under her chin, and dramatically pretended to faint.

"Wait one moment. Where have you been?" (Y/n) suddenly asked, sitting up again. Realising that she hadn't seen the attentive Robb for well over an hour now. And that he was still strangely hiding behind the door.

"I've been speaking to Maestre Luwin. Then I went down to the kitchens and informed Mistress Lucia that you were unwell. She said that Maestre Luwin knew nothing about curing what ailed you, and that she had the perfect cure. So, I returned to the kitchen when she told me that her cure would be ready, and she gave me this." Robb explained, as he finally fully appeared in the room, his hands full of a tray that seemed to consist of a steaming bowl of something, a new pile of fresh handkerchiefs, a perfectly folded napkin, and a tiny little wine glass with a single beautiful flower sticking out of it.

"Oh, my love. You didn't have to do all this." (Y/n) cooed happily as Robb placed the tray over her knees and got into the bed by her side.

"Well, I actually didn't do much. The soup was made by Mistress Lucia. Arya found you the fresh handkerchiefs, but I did find the flower." Robb replied, smiling as (Y/n) took the first sip of the freshly made soup that the cook had made for her. A hum of appreciation leaving her lips as she savoured the taste.

"So, what's it like outside? Has Jon got his own back on Theon yet? Has Bran missed me helping him with his archery? Has Arya improved with the sword? Has the snow stopped falling yet?" (Y/n) asked, as she snuggled closer to Robb. Savouring his warmth as much as the soup. She felt as though she had been in bed for many moons, even though, in truth, Maestre Luwin, Robb and Catelyn had insisted that she not move until she felt better, only two days ago.

"No. No. No. And.......er no. You haven't been confined long enough for any of that to happen I am afraid, my love. But Jon has most certainly been taking your advice when it comes to dealing with Theon. And the snow has gotten even deeper." Robb chuckled, as he brushed his fingers carefully through (Y/n)'s hair.

"Well, that's no fun. I had hoped that as I was not gracing the world with my presence, something interesting would have happened. That one of the others would have missed me at least." (Y/n) replied, as she finished the soup and placed the tray on the table next to the bed. Robb laughing as she pouted. The young wolf knowing full well that the rest of his family were missing her.

"I'm afraid that nothing interesting has happened, (Y/n). And you know that the others have missed you. But even if the world, or they, haven't missed you, I have." Robb replied, in a strange way wishing that his bride to be would get sick more often, so that he could keep her all to himself, and didn't have to share a moment of her time, even with his family.

"Missed me? I think that you've spent just as much time in this room as I have over the last couple of days. I don't know how you've been able to do it. But I'm most certainly not complaining." (Y/n) continued, sure that the only time he must have really left her side, was when she was asleep. But thankful that he hadn't listened when she had told him to keep his distance. That he didn't seem to care if he did catch her malady. And had been there whenever she felt at her worst. Her young wolf always devising interesting, new and better ways to keep her spirits up. Or just holding her when she had felt like she had just lost a war against an army of lions.

"Can you stay? At least until I fall asleep?" (Y/n) asked, as she snuggled into her nurse maid a little more. A soft sigh emanating from her, as she felt Robb move further down the bed. Taking her with him and letting her rest her head on his chest. The heir to Winterfell having absolutely no intention of leaving (Y/n)'s side, even when she had fallen asleep.

"I think that I can spare a little time, my lady. Only because it's you though." Robb chuckled. Knowing that no matter what anyone else might think. To him, this, being here with (Y/n), was the best place in the world.

"Why thank you, kind Ser." (Y/n) yawned. Feeling her eyes close as she listened to Robb's steady heartbeat. Confident in the knowledge that the man that was soon to be her husband, would still be there when she opened her eyes again. And that maybe being unwell wasn't the worst thing in the world, after all.