Starry, starry night - Part 12 - Tyrion x Reader

"What do you mean.........gone?" Tyrion retorted, as he looked up in disbelief at the rather concerned looking maid.

"She left, milord. She came ta tha room, packed a few of her belongings, and told me that she was leaving. That she didn't need tha men. Didn't need an escort. That I could return home with tha bannermen when we were ready. That she had other places ta be." The older woman explained, as she wound her fingers around a loose string that came from the edge of her apron.

"I tried ta tell her, milord. I tried ta tell her that she just couldn't go. That it's dangerous on tha roads without an escort. That there are thieves, bandits, desperate men that could hurt her, kill her. That she didn't know about tha world. But she wouldn't listen. She just said that it was about time that she learnt. She said that there was a place that she wanted ta see again. A place that she wanted ta lay her eyes on one last time before she made her way home. That she no longer cared about what happens ta her. That she had been at the mercy of tha gods fa so long, that if they wish her death, she would happily surrender her life." Hildy spluttered out, as she looked down at the speechless little lord.

"I tried ta stop her. Ya must believe me. I wanted ta tell someone, but she made me promise that I wouldn't tell anyone. Not ya father. Not any of ya. That ya would discover her absence soon enough." The maid continued. Not sure what to think as the young Lannister appeared lost in his own mind.

"How long ago did she leave?" Bronn asked, as he took a step forward.

"Some time ago. She was heading fa tha stables."

"Where could she be goin?" Bronn continued, as he turned to look at Tyrion. The little man dropping himself to the floor. The realisation that he may never see (Y/n) again, finally hitting him.

"What.......? I.........I, er.......if she isn't returning to her home. I don't know where she could be going. I doubt that she would go to her father. So, I don't.........I don't know where she might want to see." Tyrion managed to say, as he turned his gaze to the sellsword.

Bronn would never claim to have a kind heart. Or any heart at all, if truth be told. He would never claim to be sensitive or sympathetic. He was far too world weary and jaded for that. For too wrapped up in himself to give a shit about anyone else. Yet as he looked at Tyrion, he couldn't help but feel something. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but it was something. He had seen how different the young lion had been since his cousin had arrived in the capital. How happy he had been. How (Y/n) had spoken about her cousin with such care and love. Things that were in complete contrast to how everyone else, but Jaime, treated Tyrion. So, despite himself, Bronn was feeling the need to help. To help Tyrion get (Y/n) back. Admittedly he might be expecting a little more gold for his efforts, but he would help.

"Best place ta start is tha stables. Ya cousin might have let something slip ta tha stable hands, while she got her horse." Bronn told him. Holding out his hand for the little man to take. The sellsword helping Tyrion to his feet. The young Lannister nodding his head in agreement.

"I'm sorry, milord. Please bring her back." Hildy beseeched, as the two men left the room. The maid dropping into the chair behind her, as she began to cry.

                                                         >>--------------------------------<<

To say Tywin was angry, would be an understatement. To say that he was on the war path, would be an equal underestimation. The inhabitants of the Red Keep quickly moving out of the way, as the old lion stormed through the castle.

It had finally reached the ears of the Lannister patriarch, that (Y/n) had left the castle. Had left the city. Tywin not knowing why his niece would do such a thing without a by your leave. Yet whatever her reasons, the lion knew one thing, that it had something to do with his son. That Tyrion had once again ruined everything.

He had spoken to (Y/n) at length about her feelings for Tyrion. Enquired as to whether she still cared for his youngest son. If she could care for him despite his rather dubious dealings with the women from the many brothels in the city. The lord delighted when (Y/n) had replied that she loved Tyrion and always would. That she would happily remain in Kings Landing instead of returning to her small home if it meant that she could be with him. Tywin genuinely smiling, as he had told the young lioness, that he would be more than happy to see the pair wed. That he would be more than happy to call her his daughter and give her the title of Lady of Casterly Rock. Assuring her that Cersei's inevitable protests would fall on deaf ears. That he would even be willing to recognise Tyrion as the rightful heir, if (Y/n) would agree to wed his son and provide him with heirs that would continue the Lannister name. Yet now, now it appeared that all that was in disarray. And Tywin wanted to know why.

"What did you do?" Tywin demanded to know, as he threw open the door to his son's rooms. His anger growing as he saw the rather inebriated look on Tyrion's face. The little man reaching to pour himself yet another large wine. Bronn joining him, as they both turned their attention to the seething old man.

Bronn and Tyrion had made their way down to the stables. They had found the young man that had saddled (Y/n)'s horse for her. Yet the boy could give the pair no other information than the fact that the lady had thanked him. That she had pushed a coin into his hand, as he had helped her into the saddle. Tyrion's heart breaking, as he contemplated a life without her. All the plans that he had had in his mind, vanishing in a puff of smoke.

"Ahhh, father. What did I do to what now?" Tyrion enquired. The slurred words not easing Tywin's ire any.

"Your cousin................"

"Oh, yes. (Y/n). Well, it's a funny story actually. She came to my room and found two rather naked young ladies. Whores to be precise, that informed her I was undressing in an adjacent room. The ladies were actually here for Bronn, yet (Y/n) assumed, and given my reputation I cannot blame her for the assumption, that I was about to partake in their favours. It would appear that (Y/n) took offence to this notion and chose to leave not only me but the Keep and even Kings Landing itself." Tyrion explained, as he downed yet another glass of wine. Tywin looking over at the sellsword who simply nodded in agreement.

"I did not think that it was possible for you to be any more of a disappointment, but it would appear that I was wrong. I called your cousin to my rooms in order to find out if she cared about you. If she loved you. To tell her that I would happily see the two of you married. That I would be willing to instate you as my heir and have her the Lady of Casterly Rock..............."

"That's it!" Tyrion declared suddenly, as he almost fell from his seat.

"What's it?" Bronn enquired, as he drained the last drops of wine from the jug and into his glass.

"That's where (Y/n) is going. Casterly Rock!"