Se sȳndor morgho - Part 13 - Tyrion x Reader

The sounds of the crew shouting as the ship pulled into the dock, filled the room in which (Y/n) sat. The warrior already dressed in all her armour. The only thing left to put on was her helmet. Yet, at this moment, she could not bring herself to do it. Her eyes instead looking deep into the black, lifeless orbs of the grotesquely formed helm.

"There is no need for you to put that on." A voice came. (Y/n) looking up to see Tyrion enter the room.

"You are not Se sȳndor morgho anymore. And you never have to be again. You can now be just (Y/n)." The diminutive lord added, as he came to sit by her side.

"Yes. I............I know. But I have been the Shadow for so long that I fear that I cannot be anything else. I have worn this helmet for so long, this armour for so long, that I fear it is as much a part of me as my own muscles. My own blood. What if, when we get to your Kings Landing, I find that I can be nothing more than the killer I was trained to be? That my life will revolve around nothing more than the next fight. The next death. I don't know who (Y/n) is. I don't know if I can be her.........." (Y/n) replied softly, as he hands tightened around the helmet. The empty orbs, now appearing as frightening to her, as they always must have been to her opponents.

"You must not think like that. You are no longer the pit fighter. You are now my bodyguard........my friend. And even though I cannot say that you will never have to kill again. With me, it will at least be for a different reason. It will be to protect me. Not for the pleasure of a baying crowd. And if you want, I can help you discover who (Y/n) is. Help you to be her............" Tyrion told (Y/n). The little man reaching over, and slowly prising the helmet from her grasp.

"From this moment on, The Shadow of Death, Se sȳndor morgho, is no more. You are now (Y/n). You are now Se kēlia mīsio. The lion's protector." Tyrion added. His heart skipping a beat, as (Y/n) turned her head and smiled at him.

"Se kēlia mīsio, hmmmmm. The lion's protector...............I quite like that. It has a certain ring to it. It is a little less scary than the Shadow. But quite fitting for my new life. And.........and I would like it if you would help me discover who (Y/n) is. I would like it a lot." (Y/n) replied, as she leaned over and placed a kiss to Tyrion's cheek.

After Bronn had barged his way back into the rooms that night, the sellsword closely resembling a drowned rat, Tyrion had had no other opportunity to find out if (Y/n)'s body was working as it should do. Yet there had been stolen glances between the pair. Discreet smiles and occasional touching of hands. All of which had led the little lion to hope that when he could finally get Bronn out of the way, the warrior might finish what she was about to start.

"Good.......But what should we do with this?" The youngest Lannister enquired, as he looked at the helmet in his hands.

"Perhaps...........perhaps we should give it to the sea. Let the grotesque thing join the fearsome creatures that my little mouse told me lived in its depths." (Y/n) replied. Tyrion nodding in agreement.

"I think that that is a marvellous idea............."

                                                                 >>---------------------------------<<

"What are ya doing now? Its time ta get off his leaky bucket. I want ta get my feet back on dry land. That........and a drink..........." Bronn complained, as he came up behind Tyrion and his new bodyguard. The sellsword not seeing the helmet of the woman disappear under the surface of the water.

"Yes. We need to find the nearest stables and procure ourselves some horses. Then some lodging for the night. It's a long way back to Kings Landing so it would be best to start fresh in the morning.............."

"Horses......aye. But can ya Shadow ride one? Can't imagine that they get many horses in the pits. Other than those they ate............" Bronn chuckled, the sellsword finding himself highly amusing.

"My name is no longer Se sȳndor morgho. I am now Se kēlia mīsio. And I will have you know, oaf, that there is many a spectacle in the pits. The rich are always looking for something new to entertain them, and that included fights on horseback. I probably know how to ride a horse better than you do. In fact, I believe I can do most things better than you can.........." (Y/n) retorted. Tyrion quickly grabbing at her arm and pulling her towards the gangplank before he had to deal with another possible fight between the duo.

                                                                >>----------------------------------<<

Tyrion, Bronn and (Y/n) had made their way into the stables, the three perusing the animals that were on offer. The young Lannister finally having persuaded the sellsword that (Y/n)'s change of name was of no importance to him.

"I wouldn't go near that one, milady. He's dangerous............." The livery owner called out, as (Y/n) made her way over to a huge, chestnut coloured stallion in the far corner of the stables.

"Dangerous? How so...............?"

"He has a temper sent from the Seven Hells themselves. Nearly killed one of the hands the other day. He's as wild as they come.........." The man informed her, as she turned her attention back to the stallion.

"Is that right.............?" The lion's protector enquired softly, as she made her way cautiously up to the large beast. The warrior holding up her hands as she inched closer to the snorting creature.

"I don't think that you are wild. I think that just like me, they can't understand you. That you have been hurt...........and all you need is the right person to love you. Isn't that right, my handsome boy." (Y/n) continued quietly, as she carefully placed her hand on the horse's nose. The stallion ceasing its snorting, as the warrior's fingers made their way up to scratch behind his ear.

"I want this one. Does he have a name.............?"

"Er........no milady. No one brave enough ta give him a name."

"Then I will give him one.............." (Y/n) announced proudly, as she patted the animals neck.

"I will call him, Genes................"

"Genes? What's that mean?" Bronn snipped. Sure, that the pit fighter was doing all this to prove something.

"It means, mouse, you halfwit...............!"

                                                        >>----------------------------------<<

Tyrion sighed, as he dropped himself into his chair and poured himself a rather large drink. After preventing yet another fight between his two bodyguards, Bronn had exclaimed that 'mouse' was no kind of name for a horse, to which (Y/n) had retorted that if he dare insult the name, she would happily take his head from his body, the little lion was happy that the sellsword had chosen to drink in the tavern downstairs rather than the rooms.

"I'm sorry.............." (Y/n) suddenly said, as she took a seat in the chair across from him. Tyrion's brows furrowing, at her apology.

"I know that I should not be angered by the fool. That I should try and learn to deal with him for your sake................"

"It is quite alright (Y/n). You are not the first person that has ever wanted to kill Bronn for being Bronn. And I doubt that you will be the last." Tyrion assured, as he offered the warrior a smile.

"I have no doubt of that. In truth, I am surprised that he has lasted this long, without having some disgruntled tavern owner, or angry husband coming for him." (Y/n) chuckled. Tyrion nodding in agreement as he recalled how many innkeepers, gamblers and irate husbands and fathers he had had to pay off just to ensure that Bronn could make it back to the Red Keep without having his throat slit in a dark alley.

"And speaking of tavern owners...........the owner of this tavern, his wife, Grayce, told me that the bath house was ready if I wished to use it. I was wondering if..........if you would like to join me............"