Bloody woman - Part 2 - Bronn x Reader

(Y/n) stomped through the corridors of the Red Keep. The youngest Baratheon's blood boiling as she thought over and over again about what Bronn had just said.

"How dare he! How dare he! Trying to tell me what I can and can't do. Who does he think he is? Damn over opinionated sellsword. Thinks that he has the right to tell a Baratheon what they can do." (Y/n) growled under her breath. Everyone parting the ways, as the doe moved through the Keep like a thundering tempest. No one quite having the nerve to stop her and enquire what was wrong.

"Bloody man!" (Y/n) huffed as she threw open the doors to her brother's rooms. The king shaking his head as (Y/n) poured herself a glass of wine and dropped into one of the chairs.

"Bloody man! Rotten sellsword. How dare he!" (Y/n) continued the growl, as she gulped down a mouthful of wine. Robert not sure that that was the most advisable thing to do for someone that rarely drank. But not even the Protector of the Realm had the nerve to dare tell (Y/n) that she shouldn't be doing it. Especially now.

"My dear, sister. As always it is delight to see you." Robert said, as he poured himself a drink and took a seat across from her. Doing his best not the chuckle as he saw the fury in his sister's eyes. A fury that burned brighter than the fire in the hearth.

Robert knew that he really didn't need to ask. He knew that there was only one man in the whole of the Seven Kingdoms that could make his beautiful sister transform from her usual quiet, calm, and studious self, into something that was possibly as fearsome as a fire breathing dragon. He knew that the words 'rotten sellsword' and 'bloody man' could only refer to one person. And that person could only be Bronn.

"I take it that you and Tyrion's sellsword have had another disagreement?" Robert enquired, as (Y/n) continued to huff, grumble and growl under her breath. Robert sure that he could only pick out two recurring words as his sister seemed to grow angrier by the minute as their conversation went around and around in her head. "Bloody man!"

"Disagreement? Bronn and I do not have disagreements, Robert. We have all out verbal battles. He is an insufferable arse. And I wish that Tyrion had never brought him here. So, I am going to take great delight in wiping that smug, condescending smirk off his face at the tourney. I am going to make him regret ever being born. I am going to do everything I can to make sure that I come face with that arrogant bastard. And when I do, Bronn will finally see what it is to face a Baratheon." (Y/n) chucked, as she thought about bringing down the conceited sellsword in front of everyone.

Robert looked at his sister, as she quietly mussed about what she would be able to do at the tourney. He knew that she wished to step out from his and Stannis' shadows. To prove that she was as much a Baratheon as any of her brothers. That just because she was the only doe, she should not be underestimated. That just because she had been too young to fight by his side during his rebellion, that it didn't mean she wouldn't have done, if she had been able. But Robert did not like the idea of his sister being involved in the tourney. Out of all his siblings, (Y/n) was the only one that did not complain about what she had been given. She had no desire for a throne, or for a crown. For prestige or power. She appeared to be content, for the most part, with a book in one hand, and a sword in the other. Happy to join him on his hunts or spend time with Tyrion Lannister in the great library. And that was one of the many reasons he cared so very much for her. His love meaning that was (Y/n) the only person in the Seven Kingdoms that was allowed to chastise him for his excesses. So, when she had declared that she would be taking part in his latest tourney, Robert had to admit that he wanted to turn around and tell her, no. To tell her that she should settle down and find herself a good man. To tell her that he feared for her safety if she faced some of the other competitors that were likely to turn up for the prize. That she wasn't experienced enough in the field to fight against some of the men that would battle against her. Yet, he knew (Y/n) too well to tell her that she should, or couldn't do, any of those things. Knowing full well if he tried to deny her, that she would just do it all the more, just to spite him.

"Do you know what he said? Do you know what Bronn tried to tell me?" (Y/n) huffed, as she finished her glass of wine. Robert pulling the jug away from her as she went to refill her glass.

"He tried to tell me that I couldn't be part of the tourney. He said that I wasn't good enough. That I could be hurt. Killed! That I should leave the fighting to the men. Who does he think he is? He is nothing but a common sellsword that was lucky enough to come across Tyrion when he was in need. I am a Baratheon. I am filled with the same fury as all our ancestors. I can fight anyone or anything. And I am not going to let that insufferable, egotistical, annoying, insufferable....."

"You already said insufferable, (Y/n)." Robert interrupted with a chuckle, as (Y/n) growled and got to her feet. The beauteous doe pacing the floor of her brother's rooms, once again muttering about the "bloody man".

"Have you ever......what I mean, (Y/n), is. Maybe......perhaps you should wait a little longer before you take part in a tourney. I am sure that I will hold another one next year. And in the meantime, I will have our men practice with you every day. They will help you hone your technique. Give you a little more experience........." Robert replied. Hoping beyond hope that he could make (Y/n) see reason. It wasn't that he doubted his sister's fury, or her abilities. It was more that he feared for her. Not a man that faced her would go easy on her because she was a woman or a Baratheon. In fact, that may make them fight harder. No man wishing to be seen losing to the doe. And Robert had no desire to see his beloved sister harmed by the likes of a man like the Mountain.

"You doubt me too, Robert?" (Y/n) asked, suddenly stopping her pacing as she turned to look at her brother. Robert not failing to see the hurt in her eyes.

"You out of all of them, doubt me? Have I ever doubted anything that you have ever done since you sat your backside in that throne? Have I ever doubted a single order or law that you have made? Any decision concerning the best for the Seven Kingdoms? I have supported you through everything, Robert. Supported you despite your excesses. Despite the whoring and the drinking. I have always stood by your side, supporting you. Yet now, when I finally get a chance to prove that I am more than just a doe. More than just a woman. A chance to prove that I am as much a Stag as you, Stannis, or Renly. You doubt me. Well, brother. I will not wait. I will fight in your tourney. And what is more, I am going to win. I am going to prove to you, that damn sellsword, and the rest of the Seven Kingdoms that (Y/n) Baratheon is a force to be reckoned with. That there isn't a man that has been born that can face me and win. And when I am the victor, neither you nor Bronn will be able to doubt me ever again." (Y/n) declared, as she glared at Robert.

"I do not doubt you, (Y/n). I have never doubted you. There is no one that I trust, or care for more than you. I say those things because I care for you........."

"I care for you too, Robert. But I am doing this. And there is nothing that you or Bronn can say that will change my mind." (Y/n) interrupted, before she made her way over to the door and threw it open.

"Now. If you will excuse me. I need time to prepare." (Y/n) told Robert as she left the room. Leaving Robert to wonder whether Bronn had other reasons for not wanting (Y/n) to fight, other than the fact that the sellsword would know that it would anger his sister to distraction.