Still Waters run deep - Part 2 - Gendry x Reader

Gendry was speechless for a moment. His mind racing as he continued to hold the woman in his arms. He knew that he should release her. That he should let her go on her way. Yet his limbs refused to free her. Her body pressed up against his, was warm compared to the cool night air. The feel of her heartbeat, rhythmic and hypnotic. The look of her eyes, strangely familiar. But he knew that he had never see the woman before. He had never seen anything this perfect. Anything this clean and pure on the streets of the capital. And he knew that he needed more. He needed to know who she was. Where she was from. Why a creature like this, would be out roaming the streets of Kings Landing at such a late hour.

"I wasn't watching where I was going. I didn't mean ta knock ya ova." Gendry repeated. Finding that they were the only words that would formulate in his mind.

"You.........you already said that." (Y/n) giggled, as she looked up into the handsome young man's strangely familiar gaze.

"I........I'm.........Gendry."

"And that." (Y/n) giggled again. The doe feeling her cheeks suddenly warm with a blush. The young Baratheon sure that her face must be glowing the brightest of red hues.

"I haven't.......I haven't seen ya around here before. Someone like you shouldn't be out on these streets so late at night. Ya might get hurt. Ya......."

"What do you mean, someone like me? And I assure you that I am perfectly capable of looking after myself. Thank you." (Y/n) interrupted indignantly, as she pulled herself away from Gendry's embrace. The young woman not liking what this unknown man maybe insinuating. That he was judging ability, on the basis that she was a woman.

"I didn't mean........I just............I just.........." Gendry stammered, as the woman stood crossed arm before him. The young blacksmith not sure whether to be scared by the fire in her eyes, or fall more deeply in love with her.

"You just what?"

"I just meant that........that ya too beautiful to be out here. That the whoremonger might............"

"Baelish? Baelish wouldn't dare touch me. No matter who his is, or the influence that he may have, he would be as good as dead if he even thought about looking at me in a way that displeased my father." (Y/n) retorted. Her tone slightly softer than it had been before. The idea that this handsome young man actually thought that she was beautiful, making her smile.

(Y/n) had never really met a man like the one that stood before her. There was something a little different about him. It was true to say that her life was filled with men. From her guards, to her father and the Lannisters. Lord Varys, even Baelish, Sandor and Bronn, her world was fit to burst with the male of the species. Yet none were quite like this boy. None made her feel the way this Gendry was making her feel. His dirt and smut covered form, making her body beg for him to hold her again.

Gendry couldn't help but furrow his brows at her comment. He didn't know many men that would be brave enough to take on the whoremonger. Baelish may not be anything like the Hound, but he knew too many people's secrets, especially those of the supposed great and good. He had too far a reach and was willing to do anything to not lose his power and position. So, the notion that this girl's father would be willing to come up against Baelish if he so much as looked at her, was intriguing.

"Ya father must be either brave or foolish." Gendry commented. The young blacksmith beginning to feel a little braver, as he saw the hint of a smile return to (Y/n)'s lips.

"Some may say that he is a little of both. But none would dare call him foolish to his face." (Y/n) retorted. Finding herself trembling a little as the handsome boy began to circle her. His eyes seeming to wander over her form, as he stalked her like some great beast.

"Who is this brave fool father of yours? Maybe I know him." Gendry enquired. The young man feeling slightly confused, as (Y/n)'s demeanour seemed to change. The beautiful girl no longer bold and brave, but agitated and nervous.

"It...........I need to go. I need to get home. If anyone discovers I'm gone, I'll be in trouble." (Y/n) hastily explained. Making her way to push past Gendry and back into the night.

How could she tell this boy who she really was? How could she tell him that she was the King's daughter? His bastard. (Y/n) had always been a little ashamed of the stigma that was attached to her birth. And even though she had always known what she was, the queen never letting her live it down. Cersei's shill screams about her, travelling down the long corridors of the Keep whenever her name was mentioned; (Y/n), nor Robert ever really brought it up. She had been called Baratheon from such a young age, that she could never really remember being a Waters. Yet it was the first thing anyone brought up when they wished to be cruel to her. When they wished to see if they could break down her walls. Break her spirit. And even though she prided herself on having a tough skin, she would have to admit, even if it were only to herself, that it still hurt a little. That, and she knew that if she told him who she was, whatever was going on between them, would change. That he would bow and call her 'milady'. That he would talk differently around her. Act differently around her. And she liked how he was now. Liked him calling her father a brave fool. Liked the way he was looking at her.

"(Y/n)! I'm sorry!" Gendry exclaimed, as he raced after her. His hand reaching out and grabbing hold of her arm. The doe forced to stop as the blacksmith held her back.

"I didn't mean to ask. Will ya at least let me take ya home. Its not safe out here. I want to know more about you. I..........." Gendry began. The words taken from his mouth, as (Y/n) turned and crashed her lips into his. His arms once again enveloping her.

"No. I must leave you here. But if you mean it. If you really want to know me, just me. The real me........I'll come find you. I promise." (Y/n) told him. Kissing him again, before reluctantly pulling her arm from his grip and making her way into the darkness of streets. Leaving Gendry to wonder if he would ever actually get to see his mysterious (Y/n) again.

                                                     >>--------------------------------<<

(Y/n) raced towards the Keep. Her mind filled with images of Gendry. It was well past the time that she would normally make her way back into the castle, after one of her outings to speak with the leaders of the smallfolk. All she could hope for, was that the guards didn't see her, as she tried to creep back in. For she knew that if they did, her father, Tywin Lannister, and the gods only knew who else, would be called from their beds. Her father chastising her for venturing beyond the walls of the great castle. Tywin punishing any bannerman that may have let her slip out in the first place. (Y/n) not wanting anyone to be hurt because of her.

Quietly, she watched the guard's patrol. At this hour, their movements were slightly different. Their changes, not like the ones when she would normally return. But she had always prided herself on being, as Tyrion so sweetly put it, a little sneaky. Slowly, she pulled her hood back over her head, her form moving cautiously through the shadows, to the small door that she would always use. (Y/n) moving quicker, as the guards were distracted by the sudden appearance of one of the Kingsguards. A heavy sigh of relief leaving her body, as she pushed her way back into the castle. The door closing quietly behind her.

"Ahem." Came a voice, accompanied by a slight cough. (Y/n) scrunching her eyes closed, as she knew that she had been caught by someone. The doe knowing that all she could hope for now, was that this someone wouldn't tell her father what they had seen.

"Should I be concerned that you have been out of the castle? Is there something that you need to tell me, (Y/n)? Should we go speak to your father?" The voice added. (Y/n) turning to see the smiling face of Jaime Lannister.

Even though she liked Jaime, he was the queen's twin. And she knew that her father, to put it mildly, was not too keen on his brother in law. Yet she had seen the way that he looked at her. Knew that he liked to get close. (Y/n) believing that the Kingsguard may want more from her, than his oath should allow. So perhaps with a smile and a sweet word, her father would never need know that she had been anywhere.