Fountain of knowledge - Part 2 - Tyrion x Reader

"Family? How can this be the story of your family?" Tyrion asked. (Y/n) letting out her deep breath, in a heavy sigh.

She knew that one day she would have to explain all this to someone. That someday, the truth would have to be told. She had lived in this place for so long. So many ages. That long, that even those things considered timeless, seemed to vanish in the blink of an eye. Over the millennia, she had done her best to not get attached to any of the beings that had come and gone in the world. It wasn't that she didn't care. She wouldn't have chosen to leave her home, if she did not care for the peoples of this world. It was just that she could not bear to lose them. The Fountain knowing full well that all would pass eventually, in one way or another. Yet when Tyrion had come along, it had been different. There was something about the little lord that she couldn't help but be drawn to. The lady strangely feeling as though she had found a kindred spirit in the intelligent small man. And even though she had kept her distance during his marriage to Tysha, and then Sansa Stark. Even though she was aware of his antics in the brothels of the city. She could never forget about him or prevent her heart for longing for him. The lady always having a feeling, that the youngest of the Lannister pride, would be the one to discover her secret.

"You said that you read the manuscript, yes?" (Y/n) asked, as she took her seat again. Her hand reaching for the still steaming cup of tea, as she gazed into the flames of the crackling fire.

"Yes.....yes I did." Tyrion replied. Watching as (Y/n)'s face appeared to turn sad.

"Then you know that the first four beings in the universe, were the sun, the moon, the stars, and the night sky. The sun and moon were man and wife, as were the stars and the night sky. That they ruled for eons even before the time of the First Men. Eventually, the moon gave birth to many children that you know as the Old Gods of the Forest. The nameless many, present in everything that had been created by the great four beings. In every simple rock and stream, to the greatest of mountains and seas. Eventually, the Andals came along and gave these spirits names. Faces. And the bodiless. Were given a form. Or should that be, seven forms. The ancient beings becoming the Seven. Yet what is not known. What is written on that last missing page that you seek, was that at the same time that the moon gave birth to her children, the stars gave birth to a daughter. A single, perfect child that held the cosmos in her eyes. A child that was gifted with the secrets of the universe, in her heart. And that one day, The Father, The Mother, and The Maiden. The Crone, The Warrior, The Smith and The Stranger, came to see the daughter of the stars, in her heavenly home. They told her that the races of Andal would need her. Would require her guidance, as she was the only one to know all. That they all wished for her to be an envoy in their new world. To guide all those that asked for help. And so, she did. She left the heavens to live amongst those that worshipped the new form of the old gods. Her knowledge used to assist those, that called on her for help." (Y/n) explained. The lady turning to look at the shock lord. The trillion lights and swirls of colour in her eyes, appearing deeper and more glorious than ever before.

"And so, it has been since the beginning. I have seen empires rise and fall. The good and the wicked fight. Kingdoms and realms, grow and change. I have lived thousands upon thousands of lives. Watched as those around me, were born, lived, and then passed. I have roamed this world, from one corner to the other, showing its people's the way. Yet when I found this land, I knew that I had to call it home. That in the whole of this world, there was no place more beautiful, than this spot. So, I stayed, and made the world come to me. When you arrived here from the Western coast, I knew then that I could never leave again. That from the first moment I lay eyes on you, I knew that I could never be far from you. I knew that I........that I loved you. And even when you married Tysha, Sansa, I still loved you. That I would always love you. So, now you know, Tyrion. Now you have the answer to your question." (Y/n) sighed. Her eyes turning to the cup in her hand. The lady fearing what the little lord would think. What he would say.

"So, so you are...............?"

"Yes, Tyrion. I am (Y/n), daughter of the stars and the night sky. The one that holds the cosmos in her eyes, and the secrets of the universe in her heart. I am, The mother of knowledge. The holder of wisdom." (Y/n) declared, as she got to her feet and stood by the fire. The light of the flames mixing with the heavens, that lay in the ladies' now sad eyes.

Tyrion sat there for a moment, not sure what to say. The creature that he had desired for so long, was no mere mortal woman. No mere anything. She was the Old Gods kin. Kin of the Seven. A goddess that had known this earth, since it was brought into being. The only daughter of the great expanse of dark sky, and the stars that gave it its beauty. And she.........and she loved him. Had always loved him. The great mother of knowledge. The holder of wisdom loved him. The little man's mind racing, as he thought about all that (Y/n) had said.

Not for one moment had he expected to hear all this. How could he? Part of it seemed too incredible for words. Yet, he knew that it was true. He knew all of it was true. And even though he now knew that he would pass to the next world, in what to (Y/n) would be a heartbeat. He knew that he couldn't waste any more time than had already been wasted. The life together, that he had already lost. He wanted to be happy, for the first time in, in perhaps ever. To be loved, and no longer feel alone and unwanted. Scorned for what he was. But most of all, he wanted to make (Y/n) happy. To give her the one thing that she had never had. To give her, his love.

Slowly, Tyrion stood, and quietly made his way over to where (Y/n) remained. Her hand resting delicately on the mantel of the fireplace, as her eyes stayed fixed on the hypnotic dance of the flames. He had waited too long to tell her. To ask her the question that he had wanted to ask, for so what felt like a lifetime.

"I have one more question to ask you, (Y/n). One question more important than any that has ever been asked of you before," Tyrion began. The young lord taking her hand and escorting her back to her seat. His fingers carefully brushing away the tears from her eyes, as she sat before him.

"Ask your question, Tyrion. And I will answer."

"Will the mother of knowledge. The holder of wisdom, be willing to marry a humble little man? A man that can give her nothing but his love. A love that will last from now, until the moment that we must part. Would a great goddess.......will you marry me (Y/n)?" Tyrion asked, as he took her hand and held it tight. His other hand resting gently on her flushed cheek. A soft smile pulling at the corners of the lord's lips as the brightness returned to her eyes.

"There is no greater gift in this world, than love, Tyrion. It is greater than any riches. Greater than any power. Greater than any knowledge. And I would surrender all that I know, for the love of a humble little man. So, in answer to your question. Yes. Yes Tyrion. I would love to marry you. To be your wife. And I promise to love you until I myself, am no more." (Y/n) replied. The lady's eyes closing as Tyrion's lips finally met hers. The heavens and the earth meeting in a single perfect kiss. And as they did, the all-enveloping blanket of night, and a trillion twinkling stars smiled down, as the couple held one another close. The Fountain of knowledge, finally having answered the ultimate question.