The Seeker - Part 1 - Tywin x Reader

I wanted to introduce a reader character influenced a little by the Witcher. So, this is what I came up with. And I know that it is another Lannister story, but I can't resist my lions. I hope that you enjoy this first part.

"Well, if you ask me, it would seem that this is our only option." Tyrion said, as he leant back in his chair. His finger dipping into the clear liquid that was held in the glass in his hand.

"Then, it is fortunate that no one asked you. Isn't it?" Tywin growled in reply to his youngest son. Tyrion as usual taking his father's insult to the chin. The little man smiling and raising his glass in salute at the old man's comment.

But Tywin knew that his son was right. He had tried everything else that he could think of to dispose of the scourge that was currently haunting not only the villages that surrounded the capital, but the streets and alleyways of the city itself. His ideas only resulting in the death of many a bannerman. Many an innocent smallfolk. And now the families of those said smallfolk, were calling for the nobility to do something. To come up with something that would rid them of the horror that they and the land were facing.

"I think that Tyrion might be right, father. I have seen what this creature is capable of, firsthand. It is only by luck that I am here now. We need to do something, and we have tried everything else. I cannot see another way." Jaime commented. Tyrion smiling at his older brother, as their father mused for a moment.

"That is all very well and good. But where do we find one? A Seeker has not been seen in capital for many years. The last one I heard of was seen up in the north. Dealing with some creature that had beset Winterfell, when Eddard Stark's grandfather was still the lord." Tywin replied. Doing his best to not roll his eyes when he saw the smug look on Tyrion's face.

"Well..........I know that I have not been asked again. But.............."

"Get on with it.............." Tywin growled. Growing less and less in the mood for having his youngest son in his presence.

"The Seekers have been around since the time of the First Men. Beings that were chosen specially to deal with problems such as the one we have. And given that, all castles including Casterly Rock, and this very Keep were fitted with a 'calling' stone. A stone upon which, a lord or monarch, could lay a purse of gold if they were in need of a Seekers help. If a Seeker feels that the gold in the purse is worthy of their special abilities, then they will come." Tyrion explained. Tywin nodding slightly, as he recalled that he had once asked his own father about a strange little alter that was set into the ancient stones of their ancestral home. Tytos merely reply that it was there just in case. And that he hoped that he nor his son would ever have to use it.

"So, where is the calling stone in the Keep?" Tywin asked, as he slowly got to his feet.

"From what I have read. Aegon Targaryen had the calling stone placed in what is now the great library. Though I have never looked for it to see the stories were true." Tyrion replied. He and Jaime getting up from their chairs, as Tywin produced a rather large purse of gold from a draw.

"Then I suggest that we go and find it now." Tywin told his sons, as he made his way to the door of his chambers. Tyrion and Jaime looking at one another for a moment, before quickly following after their father.

                                                               >>--------------------------------<<

A creature in a tattered and torn, heavy cloak, made their way to a waiting black charger. The beast neighing and whinnying impatiently. Its hoof scraping at the ground as its mistress placed the saddle on its back. A huge hound waiting dutifully. Watching as the lady mounted the steed. It had been so long since they had been out. So long since she had felt the call. Yet the weight of the offering had proved to be enough to warrant her talents. Had proved enough to draw her from her dwelling. To leave the darkness of the woods in which she resided and make her way back out into a world that she had not looked upon for many years. It seeming to the Seeker, that something must have changed in the lands, if someone was willing to pay so much for her skills. The three dark beings making their way at speed through the trees, as if they didn't even exist. Making their way back out into the world.

                                                              >>--------------------------------<<

Tywin made his way to his chambers in the Tower of the Hand. After much searching by himself, Jaime, Tyrion and several bannermen, they had been able to locate the calling stone. The small alter had definitely seen better days. Most of it seeming to have crumbled away. Yet there was just enough left for the old lion to set down the large, heavy purse of gold. Tywin not sure how the Seeker would know that it was there. But for once he had decided to listen to his youngest son. Tyrion assuring him that they didn't have to do any more. That they had to leave it to the Seeker to decide. Yet that had all been days ago, and there was still no sign of a Seeker. Just more death at the hands of the evil that had spread over the land.

Pushing his way into his rooms, Tywin stopped. A figure in a dark, tattered cloak sat in his chair at his desk. A huge creature that resembled some kind of dog or wolf, yet was bigger than even any dire wolf that he had heard of, sat next to the figures side. Growling slightly, as Tywin entered.

"What do you think you are doing? Who are you? I should have your head..........." Tywin hissed, as he slammed the door behind him. The huge hound standing, as he got closer to the figure. Saliva dripping from his fangs, as it bared its razor sharp teeth at the old lion. The lord once again stopping dead in his tracks, as the figure produced the purse of gold from under its cloak and dropped it onto the table in front of them.

"I am here because you called me............" The figure replied. A hauntingly beautiful voice coming from under the cowl.

"I am the Seeker." The Seeker added. Tywin feeling his heart race, as the figure removed the hood from its head. The face revealed, more exquisite than any the Lannister patriarch had ever seen.

"But you can call me (Y/n)."