Old dog, new tricks - Part 2 - Sandor x Reader

EmeraldSerpent1 asked about a second part to this imagine. So here it is. I hope you all enjoy.

"What was all that about?" Ned enquired, as he and (Y/n) made their way to find Arya.

"Oh, nothing really. Ser Clegane offered to help me practice. He said that fighting against an invisible opponent was never as good as actually having swords meet. And I am sure that there are things that Ser Clegane could teach me, that would help me improve my techniques." (Y/n) replied, part of her hating that she was telling her father a white lie. That what she wanted Sandor to teach her in the practice ring, was nothing compared to what she wanted him to teach her in other areas.

"I'm not sure whether I like the sound of that, (Y/n). The Hound is a dangerous man. If you need an opponent why not ask Jory or one of the other men? I am sure that any one of them would be willing to spar with you." Ned said, more than sure that the captain of his guard and his men would be willing to do anything (Y/n) asked of them.

"As much as I enjoy practicing with Jory and the others, after all this time I am aware of their techniques, and how they fight. I need a challenge. I need to spar against someone that I have never fought before. Someone I can learn something new from." (Y/n) replied, hoping that her father would accept her reasoning.

"Very well. But be careful (Y/n). He is much bigger and far more experienced than you." Ned told her, as he gripped her arm tighter.

"Don't worry, father. The great Hound is nothing more than a puppy dog in the right hands." (Y/n) chuckled, as she and Ned continued on their way.

                                                           >>-------------------------------<<

(Y/n) sighed happily as she made her way towards the practice ring. Making sure that the light leather arm guards she wore, were properly secure. It had been days since she had been able to get away from her sisters. (Y/n) sure that Arya was causing trouble just for the sake of it. And that Sansa was gushing about how wonderful that slimy little snake Joffrey was, just to push her older sister over the edge of sanity. The whole situation making the oldest female child of the lord of the north, curse the gods for making her be born a woman. Sure, that neither Robb nor Jon would have to put up with any of this foolishness with Bran and Rickon. So now, being back where she felt as though she belonged, was a relief.

Worse than the fact that she hadn't been able to practice for days, was the fact that she hadn't been able to see Sandor. She hoped that the big man hadn't forgotten about what had transpired that day. Hadn't forgotten about her little challenge. Or anything else she had hinted at.

"Bout time!" (Y/n) heard a familiar voice call out. A smile pulling at the corner of her lips as her eyes fell on the big man that appeared as though he was waiting just for her. And had been since she last saw him.

"Have I been keeping you waiting, Ser Clegane? Well, I think that you will find that even I have duties that I am expected to perform. Two of which can be quite a handful." (Y/n) chuckled as she made her way over to where Sandor was waiting.

"So, are you still prepared to see if you can match your strength and experience against the speed and agility of a wolf? I mean, I wouldn't want your manhood called into question if you were beaten by a little thing like me." (Y/n) enquired, as she watched Sandor draw his blade out of its sheath and place the point delicately at her throat. The big man's brows raising as (Y/n) laughed again.

"You have a very large and impressive weapon there, Clegane. It makes me wonder if your sword is the only large, impressive weapon that you possess." (Y/n) said, as she delicately pushed the blade from her throat, and moved to stand before the Hound.

"Don't ya worry lass. My other weapon is just as impressive as this one. And ya won't be disappointed about how I use it either." Sandor growled, as he reached up and brushed a few stray hairs from the she wolfs face.

"Is that a promise. Because I would really hate to be disappointed." (Y/n) replied, as she moved so that her body was pressed up against the big mans. Sandor feeling the need to forget about anything other than taking the she wolf into his arms, and carrying her straight to his room so that he could prove that the last thing she would be, was disappointed.

Sandor was still struggling to believe that this was happening. Normally, the only women that paid him any attention were the ones that had to be paid for their attention. Only willing to spend time with him for the gold in his purse. He would never have believed that a lady of any kind would look at him as anything other than a killer. A weapon to be used. The Hound. Yet here was this lady from the north, making it more than abundantly apparent that she was interested in more than his skill with steel.

"It's a promise, lass. Why don't I show ya how a real man handles a weapon? How a real man handles a wolf?" Sandor asked. Hoping that the lady would forget about the sparring and skip straight to the bedroom.

"As tempting as that undoubtedly is. First, I need to see if you can handle something that is well made, delicate. Something that if you're not very carefully with it, it could make you regret ever laying eyes on it." (Y/n) hummed as she took his sword from his hand and replaced it with one of her own blades.

"If you can handle one of my blades, Ser Clegane. Then it will prove that you are perfectly capable of handle other things from the north." (Y/n) continued, as she stood back and looked the big man up and down. Doing her best not to giggle as the Hound huffed.

She knew that she shouldn't tease him like this. Knew that she no longer had the desire to be in the practice ring. Knew that she was more interested in other things that they could be doing. But there was something about the thrill of the chase, that made the moment of surrender all that sweeter.

"What do ya expect me ta do with this toothpick?" Sandor questioned, as he looked down at the blade in his hand.

"What do you normally do when you have a sword in your hands? You fight with it." (Y/n) replied. As the big man continued to just look at the sliver of thin metal that glinted in the sunlight.

"It's too light. It ain't strong enough. It'll break before it could kill anyone." Sandor grumbled, as he tried to pass the weapon back to the smiling she wolf.

"It doesn't need to be heavy. The metal is strong and the blade shape. You aren't meant to bludgeon your opponent with a sword. You cut, slice, stab. And my swords can do all those. Your sword is more like a hammer." (Y/n) chuckled, as she pushed her sword back into the Hound's hand.

"You have fought enough to know that a fight is like a dance. Surly you must have danced with a woman before? I cannot believe that even the feared Sandor Clegane doesn't have a line of women all vying for his favour." (Y/n) began as she took her other sword and began to circle Sandor. Each step she took steady, and seemingly planned.

"Just pretend that we are dancing. Each of my movements is the opposite of yours. You strike, I defend. I strike, you defend. Each movement is practiced over and over until you know them without thinking. Battle has its own unspoken rules, just like a dance. Each movement is timed to perfection, otherwise the dance fails, or you get killed." (Y/n) continued, as she brought up her sword waiting for Sandor to do the same.

"And if I best ya with ya own sword. What do I get?" Sandor enquired, as he raised up the sword so that it met (Y/n)'s.

"If you best me. Then.......well then you get the prize."