The great pretender - Part 5 - Petyr x Reader

Apologies for this being a little shorter. But as always, I will make up for it in the next chapter. Hope you enjoy.

(Y/n) made her way to her rooms. She had had enough of the day. Had enough of the farce that was this marriage. She had to admit that she had not tried to enjoy anything of what had occurred. That she had had no intention of making the day enjoyable for Baelish either. This wedding day not being anything that she had ever imagined. In fact, it was the kind of marriage that she had always dreaded.

When she was young, she had always wanted to marry a man that she loved. A man that would love her, and only her in return. A man that was sweet and kind. With a handsome face and brave nature. A man that she would be proud to have by her side. Yet, as the years had passed, this childish idea of courtly love had all but vanished. Replaced by more practical things. The everyday matters of being the daughter of Tywin. So, here she was. Sold to a man that she cared nothing for, just like Cersei had been. A man that she distrusted. A man that would never love her, for her. Would never just give his love to her. His rooms open to any of his whores that may wish to warm his bed. A man that was neither sweet, nor kind. And most definitely not brave. Baelish instead being a cowardly, slimy, untrustworthy, detestable.......

"Lady Baelish............." A voice called out. (Y/n) rolling her eyes at the sound of Baelish's voice. The lioness annoyed that not only had he taken it upon himself to follow her. But also, that he was calling her Lady Baelish. A name that she would never take.

"Lady Baelish............." The voice called out again. The lioness suddenly stopping, as she decided to face the issue head on. (Y/n) turning to look at Petyr.

"My name is (Y/n) Lannister. It will always be (Y/n) Lannister. So, who this Lady Baelish is that you are calling for, I do not know. Now, if you will excuse me, as I told the guests, it has been a long day and I am tired." The lioness retorted. Glaring at her husband before turning away. An angry Petyr quickly grabbing for his new bride's wrist, only to find himself buckling over and landing on the ground. (Y/n)'s fist having connected with his belly. The whoremonger gasping for breath, as the lioness straightened herself.

"That was a little something that I picked up from Bronn. I will have to remember to thank him the next time I see him. I normally find such acts a little thuggish. But it would appear that they are very effective. Perhaps I will have to use such techniques a little more often. Now, as I have said on more than one occasion, it has been a long day and I am tired. And I am going to bed alone. As I will do every night. And when I think that you have suffered enough for making me marry you, I will be requesting an annulment on grounds of non-consummation. So, good night, Lord Baelish." The lioness informed the prostrate, gasping man, before turning and continuing on her way to her rooms. Leaving her new husband in a groaning heap.

                                                          >>--------------------------------<<

Petyr dragged himself from the floor. Watching as the form of the lioness disappeared into the gloom of the long corridor. The Master of Coin cursing at the imp's sellsword under his breath, as he leant up against the wall. He knew that (Y/n) was no fool. That she was as smart, if not smarter than Tyrion. That she could be every inch as cunning and calculating as her father. But an annulment. Why had he never thought about that? And annulment on the grounds of non-consummation. Something that he knew would make him look like a fool in front of the whole kingdom. In front of the Seven Kingdoms. Something that would make him look pathetic in the eyes of others. That would make him look like less of a man. But what was he to do? He knew that (Y/n) neither trusted him, nor liked him. That just like Varys, his silver tongue did not work on her. That his reputation and his ownership of the brothel, would make it difficult for him to change her mind about him. To have all the negative emotions that she felt towards him, become something positive. Yet he had to try. For despite the fact that (Y/n) was a powerful player in the game. Despite the fact that she was a Lannister and therefore ridiculously rich. That she would get him closer to the Iron Throne than he could ever hope to be. He did in truth like her. He had always liked her. Petyr sure, that without her knowing it. Or without him realising it himself. (Y/n) had been able to get to the emotions that he had kept buried deep, since Catelyn had married Eddard. She had been able to make him believe in the notion of love again. That there were other things than power and wealth that could make him happy.

Pushing himself off the wall, Petyr brushed off his elaborately decorated coat. He knew that he could not go back to the festivities. He would look like a fool. And it would cause all manner of rumours. He knew that he could not follow his bride. She had already threatened to kill him once. And seeing as she was a Lannister, he had no doubt that if he pushed her, she would go through with her threats. So, for now, all he could do was make his way to his own rooms in the Keep. Hoping that no one saw him. That no one would see him and realise that he was spending his wedding night without his bride by his side. But tomorrow, tomorrow he would begin to do all he could to alter (Y/n)'s ideas about him. To prove that he could be the husband that deserved her. A husband that would love her. Yet for now, he would not be finding out what his bride's body felt like. Would not be finding out what she tasted like. Or how she sounded when she moaned out his name. Now he would be going to sleep, alone.