Firefly - Part 1 - Tyrion x Reader

This is a request for Valquiria3000. I do so love writing for the little lion, and I hope that you all enjoy this latest offering.

Tyrion was never normally one to complain about a celebration. They always gave him an excuse, not that he really needed one, to indulge in the best wines and foods that the Seven Kingdoms had to offer. But Robert, at the moment, seemed to be having a celebration every other day. And in all honesty. Well, in all honesty, they were beginning to get, to get a little boring.

The same faces seemed to attend every time. The entertainment seemed to get less entertaining. And even the wine felt as though it had lost its taste. But as a Lannister he was expected to attend. And even though one celebration had begun to seem very much like the other, Tyrion always hoped that the latest one would prove to be something different.

"What's this one for?" Bronn asked, as he leaned back in his chair. Already drinking his third glass of wine for the evening. Tyrion turning away from the mirror he was looking into, as he made sure that his latest outfit looked suitable for the evening's festivities.

"I have no idea. Maybe it is simply because it's Robert's favourite day. Maybe it's his favourite whores, nameday. Or maybe, in truth, it's not actually for anything. Just a celebration for the sake of a celebration." Tyrion replied with a shrug. Not really knowing what else to say.

"I never thought I'd say it. But I'm getting sick a this shit." Bronn yawned. He like Tyrion getting a little bored of the same old thing, over and over again.

Both of them knew that things would go along the same lines as they normally did. All the guests would arrive. They would mill around and talk to one another. All desperately trying to think of something that had happened since the last time they had seen each other. Robert would finally make his grand entrance and the guests would then take their seats to feast. After which, Robert would attempt to consume his body weight in wine, ale, or anything else he could get his hands on. At some point, a gaggle of musicians, acrobats or dancers would make a dramatic entrance to the great hall, do what they had to do, and then disappear again. Leaving the guests to look at one another, wondering what else they should do as Robert shouted loudly, and made a fool of himself.

"Do we really have ta go? I mean, we can stay in here and get drunk. It'd be a lot less dreary and awkward." Bronn commented. The sellsword hoping that the little lion would agree to cut out the middleman, and that he could just eat and drink in Tyrion's rooms. Maybe even send down to the Street of Silk and have a couple of Baelish's whores brought up so that they could make a real night of it.

"What? And give my father and sister another reason to complain at me? No. And if I have to go and be bored, then so do you." Tyrion replied, as he turned back to look at himself. Adjusting his outfit one last time.

"Fine! But I'm gonna get drunk as quickly as possible, so I don't have ta remember any a this." Bronn huffed as he got up from his chair, smoothing down his own clothes, and just hoping that one of the ladies present, may be in the mood to let him show her what he could do with his sword.

                                                         >>--------------------------------<<

Tyrion made his way to the Great Hall, doing his best to ignore the sellsword behind him, who was still grumbling on about being dragged along, and that he wasn't getting paid enough for this shit.

As the pair drew closer, two bannermen pulled open the doors, the little lord making his way into the festivities. Both he and Bronn sighing as they saw what they had expected. The faces of the same people, looking at one another awkwardly. A soft hum of uncomfortable, monotonous, and dreary conversation the only thing to be heard as Tyrion and Bronn both grabbed for a glass. The pair having a feeling that this evening could turn out to be worse than any of the previous tedious evenings.

"Ya sure ya want ta do this? We can still get outta ere without being noticed." Bronn said, as he gulped down the entire contents of his glass. The sellsword reaching for another, hoping that copious amounts of wine would make the whole evening go much, much quicker.

"I am afraid that it is too late for that. We have been spotted." Tyrion replied. His eyes falling on his father. The Lannister patriarch glaring at his youngest son as he stood, as uncomfortably as everyone else present, waiting to see what Robert had in mind for the rest of the evening.

"Too late for you, maybe. Don't mean I can't go. There's a new whore in one a Baelish' brothels, called Alssa. I wouldn't mind breakin her in. She has a bosom that ya could get lost in fa days." Bronn chuckled. Rolling his eyes as he watched all the lords and ladies mill around. Each one looking more uncomfortable than the last.

"Oh no you don't. I pay you to watch over me. You can't watch over me from a brothel. Also, I know about Alssa. And believe me when I say, you aren't her type." Tyrion chuckled. Bronn furrowing his brows as he looked down at the little lord.

"I'm every woman's type. Once she gets a look at my smile she........"

"Bronn. Baelish has her to cater to his female clientele that have certain tastes. I have been reliably informed that if you were to so much as lay a finger on her, you may find yourself on your back. But not in a nice way. So, you will be staying." Tyrion informed him. A wicked twinkle coming to Bronn's eyes as he wondered whether this Alssa would have as much problem with watching her with a client, as she might have with being touched by him. The sellsword noting that he would have to remember to ask, the next time that he was on the Street of Silk.

"Now come on. Let's get this over with." Tyrion sighed, as he and Bronn made their way to mingle with the rest of the awkward looking guests.

                                                           >>-------------------------------<<

Tyrion yawned. True to his word, Bronn had already managed to down enough of the king's good wine to float one of Euron Greyjoy's ships. Yet had still managed to find a lady from one of the lesser Houses, that had been more than willing to let the sellsword show her what he could do with his weapon. Leaving Tyrion alone, and bored out of his mind. He himself had thought of leaving. Thought about vanishing to anywhere but here. Yet there was something quite amusing about watching his father and sister look just as bored and uneasy as he did. Cersei drinking to drown out the fact that she had been married to such an insufferable man, that was already making a fool of himself. And Tywin watching on as he wondered whether supporting Robert after the rebellion and marrying his only daughter to a whoring drunk, had really all been worth it.

"We have yet to have the evenings entertainment." Robert suddenly exclaimed with a slur as he got up from his seat. The king steadying his swaying form against the table.

"Make with the entertainment." Robert called out. Dropping unceremoniously back into his chair and refilling his glass. The golden liquid slopping over the sides of the vessel as servants scurried around in an attempt to make something of the dire evening. Hoping that the unusual performers would inspire a little levity and give the guest something to talk about other than the king's latest drunken antics. And how he had been completely ignoring his wife all night. Preferring instead to let his gaze fall on one of the new serving girls.

Without warning, a fanfare suddenly rang out. Tyrion sitting up straighter in his chair as the doors to the great hall flew open, in coming something that the little lion had never seen before.