The visitor - Part 1 - Robb x Reader

The family stood in the courtyard, wrapped tightly in their furs as the bitter northern wind whistled around Winterfell. The Stark family waiting to greet their unusual visitor that would be staying with them for some time.

"You know, I've heard a lot about the people of Dorne. About their openness about things, and er......love of life." Theon chortled, as he quietly spoke to Robb. Jon doing his best to eavesdrop on the conversation. Both Robb and Jon knowing what Theon was referring to when he spoke about "openness" and the love of life that the Dornish possessed. Particularly where Oberyn Martell was concerned.

"Surely she can't be as, "open", as her brother. From what I have heard, I would say that that was impossible. No one could rival his reputation. And I hear that he is not too fussy about who he is open with." Robb replied with his own chuckle. He and Theon instantly falling quiet as Catelyn turned around and glared at the pair. The clatter of carriage wheels and thunder of hooves on the frozen ground, suddenly splitting the cold air of the dark and gloomy morning.

The visitor that the Starks were waiting for, was (Y/n) Martell. The youngest heir of the ruling house of Dorne. She had been sent north by Doran. The Lord of Sunspear believing that his youngest sister would make the most marvellous ambassador. That she would be an excellent sign of goodwill between Dorne and the north. And he also hoped that his beautiful, yet ever so slightly wayward sister, may just catch the eye of the Lord of the north's heir. The Dornishman believing that a strong union between the two families, would only be of benefit to both houses. And despite some initial opposition, (Y/n) had finally agreed to make the journey north. The young woman though, still blissfully unaware of her eldest brother's hopes.

(Y/n) Martell was almost as well known throughout the Seven Kingdom's as Oberyn. She was famed for her beauty. Her dark hair, bright eyes, and flawless olive skin, creating a breathtaking sight. A sight that most men found difficult to refuse anything.

Yet it was not just her beauty that had made her reputation. It was also the skills and knowledge that Oberyn had passed onto her. Her ability with the staff rivalling even his own. And her natural talents with the bow, had made her not only of the greatest archers in Sunspear, but also the whole of Dorne. Both proud brothers believing that she could outshoot anyone in the rest of Westeros. And that was another of the reasons Doran had insisted that she spent time with the Starks. The lord believing that she needed to realise that life did not just revolve around fighting. That she needed to see that she did not have to follow Oberyn in everything that he did. The oldest Martell hoping that given some space between the two siblings, (Y/n) would forget about idolising Oberyn and find a more lady like life, with a man that could calm her passions. Doran hoping that a young wolf could be just the man that she needed.

A call sounded out as the carriage bearing that Martell sigil came to a halt. The bannermen surrounding the landeau, much different to what most of the Starks were used to seeing. The younger members of the family captivated as one of the guards dismounted his horse and made his way over to the carriage. The door opening to reveal a hand and then an elegant figure clothed in a bright gown. The vibrant colour, making Catelyn and Sansa, in particular, feel dowdy in comparison.

"Like to make and entrance don't they, these Martell's." Theon sniffed. Coughing uncomfortably as Catelyn once again turned to glare at him. The rest of the family watching as the guard placed a large, dark yellow cloak, trimmed with the finest, palest fur, around the shoulders of the lady.

Yet as the family watched as the princess made her way over to them, they had failed to notice that Robb was transfixed. His eyes wide and mouth agog as the lady softly smiled. The young wolf sure that at any moment, his heart would break out of his chest and offer itself to the exquisite Martell on a silver platter. His soul willing to do whatever she asked of him.

"Robb? Are you alright?" Jon whispered, not wanting to incur the wrath of Catelyn. The young Snow the only one of the family to see that Robb appeared to be rooted to the spot. His breath almost laboured.

"Yes. Fine, Jon." Robb replied, despite knowing that he was the furthest thing from fine. And what he really was, was lost.

"My lord and lady Stark. I am (Y/n) Martell. It is a pleasure to finally meet you both. My brother, Doran, sends his best wishes. And thanks you, for allowing me to stay." The princess said, curtsying respectfully to Ned and Catelyn. Ned stepping forward and taking the lady's hand. His rough cold lips carefully meeting the warm soft skin on (Y/n)'s knuckles.

"Princess (Y/n). The pleasure is ours; I assure you. And Winterfell is much greater for havin you here." Ned replied, as the lady looked up at the great castle.

"Winterfell. I have heard much of it, though never thought that I would lay eyes on it. Your home is beautiful, my lord. Much different from Sunspear, I must confess. And the weather of the north takes a little getting used to. But it is no less glorious." (Y/n) replied. Doing her best to hold back her laughter as two little wolves rushed forward, no longer wishing to stand on ceremony. Both boys wanting to introduce themselves to their unusual visitor.

"Hello. I'm Bran, and this is my brother Rickon." Bran blurted out. The pair bowing as (Y/n) smiled at them.

"Well, it is an honour to meet such a fine duo. You are most certainly a credit to your parents." (Y/n) chuckled, as both boys happily took her hands and led her over to the rest of the waiting family. Ned unable to do anything other than smile and shrug at his wife, as they followed after the trio.

"This is Sansa and Arya." Bran declared. The two she wolves curtsying as they greeted the visitor. Neither girl getting to say more, before the littlest wolf pulled (Y/n) over to meet the other boys.

"This is Jon and Theon." Rickon explained. The two young men bowing as (Y/n) looked them up and down.

"Ah, yes. The Snow and the kraken ward. Quiet an impressive and handsome pair, if I may say so." (Y/n) said. Theon winking at her as she continued to survey the two. Robb suddenly coughing as he waited for his youngest siblings to introduce him.

"And this is Robb." Bran announced proudly, as the Winterfell heir came to stand before the princess. The young lord carefully taking her hand in his. (Y/n) finding that she was only able to say one thing as she looked deep into his eyes.

"Hello."