A little magic in Winterfell - Part 3 - Robb x Reader

I started this imagine in my first book, and I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to give you this final part. But I hope that you will enjoy it. 🐺😍

Robb ran through the snow. Though every foot fall was laboured, as the deep frost seemed to hold him tight. The young lord was determined that he would get to (Y/n) before she and the troupe disappeared for another year. Robb knew that he could not wait. Knew that now he had spoken with her. Knew the secret of her gift, that he could not let her go. Though how he was going to persuade her to stay, when the troupe was the only family that she had, he didn't know.

"And what do you want, boy?" A large man asked, as Robb came to a sudden stop. The Winterfell heir gasping for air as he dropped to his knees in the snow. His eyes growing wide, as he saw the troupe mount their wagons and slowly make their way into the heavy mist that seemed to hang over the road ahead. The elements appearing as though they were whisking the group away to some other magical world, where they would reside until they were to reappear again.

"I.........(Y/n).........I need to see (Y/n)." Robb gasped in reply, as he managed to get to his feet. The big man huffing as he looked at the young man, who's heavy, laboured breathes were hanging thickly in the air.

"And why would ya want ta see our (Y/n)? If ya one a those fools that thinks they've fallen in love, I can assure ya there's twenty like ya in every village, more in tha towns and cities. And there aint one a ya good enough fa her. Now, be on ya way. We have places ta be........."

"Landor, please. I believe that I can speak for myself." A beautiful voice interrupted. Both men looking to see (Y/n) walking towards them. Her long gown dragging through the snow as she moved. The leader of the travelling troupe placing her hand reassuringly on the large man's arm.

"Everything is alright, Landor. Why don't you go and make sure that the others are ready to move out?" (Y/n) said. Smiling softly, as the burly man nodded and headed off to where a few remaining performers were gathered.

"Robb. What are you doing here? It was hard enough to leave you before. You have only made it worse............"

"Then don't leave, (Y/n). Stay here in Winterfell, with me. I can help you study your gift. Be here for you as you learn to use it. Please, (Y/n). Stay." Robb beseeched, as he pulled her into his arms. The young wolf hoping that if he held her tight enough, she would never want to leave his embrace.

"I don't belong here, Robb. Winterfell is not my home. The open road is. And I cannot imagine that your parents, no matter how nice they appear to be, would want you to tie yourself to a simple performer. You are the heir to the Lord Paramount of the North. You will be expected to make a great match. To have a bride that is a great lady, not a humble troubadour. You will forget about me soon. I will be nothing more than a fleeting memory, and you will move on.........."

"No! No, I won't! I won't forget you. I can't forget you. I don't want to be forced to marry a great lady from a good House. I wish to marry for love, not wealth and power. I want Winterfell to be your home as much as it is mine. I want it to always be your home." Robb interjected. The young wolf desperately wanting (Y/n) to know how much she meant to him, even after just their short time together. His hand brushing softly over her cheek. His fingers damp, as the tears fell from (Y/n)'s eyes.

"I cannot stay now. As much as I want to believe what you say, I can't just leave my troupe. My family. But........but when we return again, on the next shortest day. If you still feel the same, then.......then I will stay. I promise." (Y/n) replied. Her heart beating at a pace, as Robb placed his fingers under her chin and raised her head, so that the two now looked into one another's eyes.

"I swear that I will feel the same, (Y/n). That I will only love you more." Robb told her. His lips meeting hers in the most wonderful of kisses.

"(Y/n)! It's time ta go, lass." Landor called out. His words making (Y/n) reluctantly move away from Robb's warm embrace.

"Here. Take this." (Y/n) said softly, as a glowing ball of light appeared in her outstretched palm. The orb floating up into the air, before landing delicately in Robb's hand.

"Whenever you want the see me, just look into the light. It will show you where I am, and what I am doing. Its brightness will only subside when I return to Winterfell. When I return to you. For then, you will no longer need it." (Y/n) explained quickly. Her lips meeting Robb's one last time, before she turned and ran through the snow to the last wagon. The heir to Winterfell holding the luminous ball to his chest, as he watched the carriage disappear into the heavy mist.

                                                        >>--------------------------------<<

"Are you coming or not!?" Theon exclaimed as he waited for Robb to join him and Jon. Theon huffing as Robb failed to appear from his bedchamber.

The three had already seen the great fire begin to burn. The fire that told the smallfolk that the yearly performance would soon commence. And Theon and Jon were as eager as always to go and see the show. Yet instead of racing out of his room as he normally would have done, the young wolf sat quietly on the corner of his bed.

Robb had never told his brother or his best friend about what had happened with (Y/n) that night. He had never told anyone. Instead, he had kept her in his heart. Kept her memory close, until she returned to him. And tonight, would be the night that she did just that. Robb looking deep into the orb in his hand. Its light slowly dimming. It had been a year. A whole year. But now she was finally coming back to Winterfell. Now, hopefully she would stay. Now he could ask her to be his bride.

Over the many moons, he had never forgotten about her. The heir to Winterfell spending many a night looking longingly into the orb that she had given him. Robb never knowing whether to be happy or sad, as the images that she had promised that he would see, appeared before him. The sight of (Y/n)'s beautiful smile as she and the others travelled from place to place. As they performed in every city, town and village along the way, made him miss her more than he would ever have thought. But last night, the light in the orb had lessened, and now it was beginning to disappear completely. The young lords heart threatening to beat out of his chest, with excitement.

"You go on without me, I'll catch up to you soon." Robb called out in reply, as he continued to stare into the almost now black sphere. The young wolf not hearing Theon grumble as he and Jon made their way out of his rooms. The door slamming firmly behind them.

"Aren't you going to come and see my latest performance? I assure you that it will be even better than it was last year." A beautiful voice suddenly said. Robb turning to see (Y/n) stood in the doorway to his bedchamber. The wolf jumping from his bed and racing over to where she waited. The now pitch black orb, dropping to the floor as he pulled her into his arms.

"You came back. You really came back." Robb cooed softly. His eyes closing as he felt the warmth of (Y/n)'s body against his.

"Of course, I came back my wolf. But the question I need answered, is whether you want me to stay?" (Y/n) asked. Tears of joy coming to her eyes as Robb took her face in his hands.

"I can think of nothing I would like more. Apart from you agreeing to be my bride, that is." Robb replied. The room suddenly filling with thousands of tiny spheres of light that danced around the two, as Robb pulled (Y/n) closer.

"I can think of nothing I would like more." (Y/n) answered, as her lips met his. Robb knowing that from now on, there would always be a little magic in Winterfell.