Open and shut case - Part 3 - Petyr x Reader

(Y/n) took a sip of the champagne. The young attorney finding herself giggling slightly, as the bubbles drifted up her nose. It was a silly thing. Something that she found she did every time she drank the sparkling liquid. But it made her feel happy, and it was something that she never wanted to lose. It would take her back to parties that her parents would throw for all their friends. Festive gatherings for the holidays. For Christmas and Thanksgiving. Even for Valentines Day and Halloween. It would make her remember how she would sit on the stairs, after she had been told on several occasions that it was her time for bed, watching all the goings on. She would recall how happy her parents had seemed. How happy the twins and Tyrion had seemed. She would remember the music and the laughter. The sound of clinking glasses and revelry. But most of all, it would help her think of her mother. Of the beautiful creature that Joanna Lannister had been. Of what things could have been if her mother had not died.

"As pleasant as all this undoubtedly is, Petyr............." (Y/n) began, as she shook the memories from her mind and turned her attention back to her new client.

"You still haven't told me why you are in need of the services of our firm," (Y/n) added, as she continued to look at the softly smiling Baelish. The youngest Lannister leaning back in the seat as she waited for a suitable answer. Any answer. Though she did have the strangest feeling that whatever Petyr replied, it wouldn't be the truth. The lioness getting a feeling that the man beside her wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the ass.

"Ahhhhh. The million dollar question." Petyr chuckled, as he placed down his glass.

"Well, a gentleman in my line of business, can occasionally make enemies......."

"Please, Petyr. I think that I could safely say that about most of our firms' clients. Lannister's aren't ambulance chasers. We don't deal with pathetic little legal squabbles, or broken contracts. We only deal with the biggest and the best. The hardest. So, why don't you tell me what kind of business and enemies we are actually talking about?" (Y/n) interrupted. Feeling herself gasp softly, as Petyr moved so that their bodies were touching.

"They are really so very wrong, you know............"

"Who............?"

"All those that say you don't have the killer instinct. That you aren't prepared to do what it takes. They are quite wrong. I have met every member of you family. And each one has their own failing. Even your father. Yet you..........so far, I have been able to find none. And that has me interested. You are not concerned with power. If you were, you would not have told me that your father has many years left in him before he retires. That you had no desire to take over the reins from him just yet. That only if he believes that you are capable would you then take over the firm. You seem to have no concern for you undoubted beauty. Unlike your sister, who is self-centred and narcissistic to a fault. Jaime too, the proud peacock. You are subtle with your intelligence, unlike Tyrion, who parades it around under the noses of others like some trophy that he has won. But given his other short......comings, I can sort of understands why. So, seeing that you have none of the faults or frailties of the other members of your family, just what is your weakness, (Y/n). What controls you? Motivates you." Petyr cooed, as he placed his hand softly on her cheek. His thumb gently stroking across her cheekbone.

"Curiosity." (Y/n) hummed seductively in reply, as she raised her own hand and placed it on Petyr's cheek. Her own thumb ghosting over his thin lips.

"You see, at this moment, I am curious to know what your lips would feel like against mine. To know what lays beneath that heavy coat and well tailor suit that you are wearing. To know how my life may possibly change now that you have come into it. But most of all...........most of all............"

"Yes................?" Petyr interrupted, as the lioness moved so that there was barely a chink of light between their lips. Barely a breath. Petyr sure that at any moment............

"I want to know what kind of business and enemies we are actually talking about." (Y/n) announced, as she suddenly took her hand from Petyr's cheek and moved away. Petyr finding himself laughing, as he looked at the wicked little grin that pulled at her lips. The impish glint in her eyes letting him know that he might have just met his match.

"Of course, of course. But perhaps we should discuss such matters over dinner. I feel that one should never talk business on an empty stomach." Petyr replied, his eyes falling on the world outside the window, as the driver slowly pulled the limousine to a halt outside a very expensive looking restaurant. The chauffeur quickly getting out of the car and making his way the to back. Popping up the large black umbrella, before opening the door, and holding out his hand for (Y/n) to take. Petyr following closely behind. Offering her his arm, as they made their way into the restaurant.

                                                           >>------------------------------<<

"Signore Baelish!" A large man, with an even larger black moustache greeted, as the door to the restaurant was closed behind them. (Y/n) sure that the overtly Italian gentleman was going break out singing a few verses from the Barber of Seville at any moment. His slightly over the top gestures making her think of Figaro himself.

"Antonio. Such a pleasure to see you again. I was wondering whether you would have a table for myself and my guest here. Something out of the way. Something where we can talk business?" Petyr enquired, as a couple of waiters were summoned over. The duo taking the coats from (Y/n) and Baelish, before scurrying off with them. The young Lannister wondering if she would ever see it again.

"Of course, Signore Baelish. Antonio always has a table for you. Always has the best table." The man replied, before making yet another wild gesture. Before more waiters escorted the pair to a booth at the back of the restaurant. (Y/n) seriously beginning to think that she was taking in some kind of show, as one of the men picked up the napkin from the table in front of her. Flourishing it before placing it on her lap. The other man pouring water and handing them menus, before he and his friend bowed slightly and left. Leaving (Y/n) and her new client alone.

"Well, that was all a little over the top." (Y/n) chuckled, as she placed the menu back on the table. The lioness deciding that it was time to stop playing these games. That whatever that show had been about, it had been done for her benefit. Aswell as everything else that had happened since she had laid eyes on Baelish. Done to show her just how important and influential her new client was.

"Now, Petyr. Let's talk turkey."