Keep

"It's been a long 12 months and I've been living around just fine. But if you'd hear me out tonight. Just give it a try"

After Johnnie left I told Adri about Johnnie and I trying to rebuild our friendship. Of course she thinks it's a bad idea, but I mean can I do? I decided to take the risk just like that and try. It's too late to turn back now. She thinks I should let Riley know about this. I know I should, but then again we never really talked about our exes. Come to think of it, we never did. Sure Riley did say he had a few girlfriends, but never went into full on detail about it. I don't think it'll matter if I told him or not...right?

It's lunchtime and I'm sitting with Riley, Adri, and Peter. Talking about apartments and homecoming, even though I'm really not into the conversation. My mind's somewhere else today. That's when my phone buzzes.

*Hey it's Johnnie. Want to hang later?*

I stare at the screen, thinking if I should or not. Adri freaked me out last night about how this is a bad idea, now I can't help but question it.

"Earth to Skye!" Peter waves his hand in front of me.

"What? Sorry, I didn't hear you."

"We're planning to go to New York next Friday after homecoming, you down?" Peter asks.

"Yeah sure. That sounds good."

"You okay babe?" Riley asks. "You seem out of it."

"Yeah I'm fine, just tired I guess."

Peter and Adri start conversating amounst each other.

"So you want to come to my practice today? We can hang out afterwards." Riley asks.

I never liked going to his practices to be honest. I was always bored. Plus the cheerleaders always gave me these looks. Probably cause I'm dating the soccer star? Who knows honestly.

"Um if it's cool, I just want to go home afterschool. Kind of tired and all."

"Yeah that's cool. We can hang out afterwards if you're down." He kisses the top of my head and starts talking to Peter again.

I unlock my phone and start typing a message.

*Meet me at my house at 4.*

Once Riley dropped me off home, I rush to my room to get ready to hang out with Johnnie. I mean it;s just catching up, nothing wrong with that. I change to my BMTH crewneck, black skinnys, and black creepers. I should start going downstairs, he should be here any minute. And as if on cue, the doorbell rings. I rush downstairs, but I'm too late. Alexa opens it.

"WOW HI JOHNNIE!" Alexa says surprised.

"Hey Lex, how you've been? You got big." Johnnie says.

"Goooood! I missed you!" She gives Johnnie a hug.

He hugs her back and notices me. He smiles to me.

"Lex what did I tell you about opening the door?" Mark appears from the kitchen. "Oh hello." He notices Johnnie.

"Um Mark, this is my friend Johnnie. We're just going to hang out for a bit."

"He's Skye's ex boyfriend!" Alexa says.

Dammit Alexa. Way to make things awkward.

"It's nice to meet you Johnnie. I'm guessing you're one of her friends from California." He shakes his hand.

"Yeah. I'm just visiting for the week."

"So you said something about hanging out?" Marks turns to me.