Say What You Want

"So go on, say what you want. We never talk about things, you never let me in."

The next day I was feeling much better about everything. Things turned out okay between Riley and I, I was still talking to Johnnie, yup things were great. I was in study hall getting ready for an exam I had next period. Did not study one bit while I was in New Jersey and I can't afford any bad grades now that my application was sent out.

"Hey Skye."

I look up to see Lili and Ariel sitting at my table.

"Didn't see you after our talk at Playlist. Guess things worked out between you and Johnnie?" says Lili.

"Please say they did!" Ariel blurts out.

I met Ariel through Lili when I started at Cowen. Ariel was pretty much like Lili, really into YouTube, not into school activities. When Lili introduced us she also remembered me from that one video. Didn't think I was the recognizable. Ariel was really down to earth and I could talk to her about pretty much anything. I close my book, knowing I wasn't going to get anymore studying in and smile to them.

"Things are finally okay and I couldn't be happier to have my friend back."

They both smile in unison, obviously happy for me.

"That's so great to hear! I knew you couldn't let that epic friendship just die." says Lili.

"Did Riley find out? Or does he not know?" Ariel asks.

"I eventually told him. Couldn't live with myself if I just kept that a secret from him." I admit. It was true, the guilt of lying to Riley would've been the death of me.

"That's great Skye. I'm really happy you worked things out with Riley and Johnnie." Lili says as she opens her notebook. "We should get to studying."

"WAIT HOLD UP!" Ariel interjects. "Are you really not going tell us what really happened between you and Johnnie? I have a feeling there's something you're not telling us." She smirks to me.

I look to Lili who is also smirking at me now.

"Well...."

Before I can say anything else Adri comes up to our table and takes a seat right next to me.

"Hey Lili and Ariel. Skye." She says as she glares at me. Oh crap. What did I do?

"Hey Adri." I say.

Silence.

"Had a good time in New York?"

Silence.

The silence is not only making me uncomfortable, but Lili and Ariel look like they want to leave. There can be only one reason why she's acting like this.

"I'm guessing you know what I did this weekend?"

"You guessed right." She finally breaks her silence. "Um do you guys think you can give me and Skye a minute to talk?"

"Of course!" Lili says as she gets up.

"Yeah. We'll talk later Skye." Ariel says as she follows Lili to another table. They were just waiting for that moment to be excused. Lucky souls.

"Who told you?" I ask Adri once my friends were gone. Riley told me that he didn't tell her.

"Peter."

Dammit Peter. Dammit Riley for telling Peter!

"So what's going on Skye? Do you still like Johnnie or what?!"