Left Alone

"There's nothing really left to say and I don't need you to explain. We don't need those lines. So tired of living in the past, so if we're gonna make it last, we should leave it all behind."

The next day I get up around noon and get ready for today. I haven't completely forgotten about yesterday, but hopefully Johnnie doesn't bring it up. I've been letting my feelings get the best of me and I rather not let that happen again. I'm already dressed in my button up red plaid top and black skinnys and am just towel drying my hair when I get a knock on the door. I wonder who that can be. House keeping maybe? I open the door and Johnnie is standing there, holding two Chipotle bags.

"Morning." He says.

"Don't you mean afternoon?" I laugh.

He shrugs. "Honestly I consider this morning since I'm always waking up past 3."

I laugh again. "You need to get that sleep schedule fixed."

He chuckles. "Eventually. Anyways I brought food!"

"You're the best, you know that?"

"So I've been told. Anyways are you going to let me in or...?"

"Oh. Right. Sorry."

I let him in and he walks over to the coffee table and puts the food down. He looks up to me and softly chuckles.

"What?" I say noticing.

"I've never seen your hair wet before."

"Oh shutup. I would've been ready if you texted me saying that you're on your way!"

"I did. You didn't reply."

I grab my phone from the nightstand. Crap. I forgot to turn on my phone. I should really call my mom.

"Give me a sec so I can tie it up or something."

"Don't." He says. "It looks...cute. Really brings out the brown in your hair."

I slightly blush. "Well I have to call my mom real quick. I'll be back." I say brushing off his comment.

Is he really flirting with me after he rejected me yesterday? Be cool Skye. Just forget about yesterday. Today is a new day.

After checking in with my mom I walk back to where Johnnie is. He's set up the coffee table with the food he brought. Burrito bowls, guacamole and chips, Peace Tea. What is he up to today?

"So what adventures do you have in store today?" I ask sitting next to him.

"Well if you can tell I set up this Chipotle lunch. And I'd figure we just stay in and watch some movies on Netflix. If that's cool with you."

"You know I'm up for anything." I smile. "Plus I'm still tired from all that skating yesterday."

"Goes to show you should go out more."

"Says the one who wakes up past 3 everyday." I playfully shove him.

"Don't make me throw this guac on you!" He teases.

I raise my hands in defense. "Be cool dude. Just pick a movie and we'll carry on." I can't help but giggle.

"Thought so." He playfully sticks his tongue out

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea for Johnnie to pick the movie cause of course he picked horror. We're watching A Nightmare On Elm Street, well trying to. I'm on the bed hiding behind a pillow. Johnnie on the other hand is still sitting on the floor, all eyes on the movie. I peek thru the pillow and it's the scene where the guy gets pulled into the bed. I hide again knowing where this leads to.