What's Left Of Us

"This isn't how it's supposed to be. And this isn't how we're supposed to treat each other. Remember when we only felt free? Now all we feel is empty. The good feeling's gone."

*1 month later*

I managed to get a lot done these past couple of weeks. My application was sent out a while ago and have been waiting ever since. Took my graduation pics. I even got a part time job to earn a bit of cash before I step out into the real world of post high school. I did everything except talk to Adri. I had so many open chances to talk to her, but it's just been weird. I don't know, I feel like she should be the one apologizing. But then again, she was just trying to be a friend like she has been forever. It's complicated. But it's spring break so I'm not even going to worry about it. Hayley went to visit her mom who happens to live in Ohio. I'm assuming she'll be spending more time with her new friend Kyle then her own mom. Mark was taking my mom to the shore to help her relax. Which is good cause she needs it. But where does that leave the twins? On a plane with me, and let me tell you...it's been chaos since we got to the airport. My mom thought it'd be a great idea for the twins to visit their good ol' lying, cheating dad during break. And since I was already going to California, my mom decided to dump me with the responsibility of handling these hyperactive spawns. Just great. I don't know what's worse, being on a 6 hour flight with them or the fact that I'll have to face my poor excuse of a father for at least 5 seconds. My mom said I didn't have to small talk with him after I dropped off the twins which is fine by me. That's the last thing I want to do on this trip. I was on a flight to San Jose where I will be staying with Blake. Johnnie had business to take care of but was going to meet up with me once he was done. I didn't mind, I know that his schedule can get pretty hectic. Besides, Nathan was throwing Seth a party for getting into Washington State University tonight. A night with friends is just what I need.

"SKYE! AUGGIE ISN'T SHARING THE BLANKET AGAIN!"

As soon as I get off this freaking plane. Just a few more hours.

~~

"Do you think your dad will say anything to you?" Blake asks as we drive to his house.

Blake was nice enough to pick us up from the airport and to take us to his house. I just want to get this over with already.

"I don't know. We haven't spoken since he left. And when he did leave I was in Baltimore so it's been a while."

"Has he tried calling you?"

"Plenty of times at first. But since I always refused he finally backed off. It's harsh, but I can never forgive him for what he did."

"Completely understandable. Don't worry about it too much, it's just a drop off and that's it." She pulls up in front of his house. "And if that bitch so happens to answer the door, she better not try anything."

"Let's just hope she doesn't."

I wake up the twins who are napping in the back and grab their suitcases from the trunk. We walk up to the door and I ring the doorbell. I'm feeling all sorts of emotions. Anger, nervous, more anger. And then she opens the door. Layla. Now I'm feeling disgust.

"Skye. Wow you've grown so much since the last time I saw you!."

Really though? Is she really trying to be nice?

"Um yeah is...my father home."

"He stepped out for a second to pick up some pizza. How have you been?"

"Um great yeah well I guess I'll leave them with you. I have to get going." I turn to the twins. "I'll see you in a few days guys, be good." I start to make my way back to the car.