Our Time Down Here

"So I'll say thanks for the advice. The choice is mine to make tonight. I'd rather do this on my own than fall right into place."

"SKYE WAKE UP!!" Hayley shouts as she continues to get ready.

"I told you I'll meet you downstairs in a bit!" I say sleepily.

"Not that, your phone is buzzing. It's Riley."

"Wha-what? RILEY?!" I quickly wake up and answer my phone before it goes to voicemail. "Hello?"

"Hey babe how's Pennsylvania?"

"Um great. Yeah it's been fun so far. How's New York?"

"Would be better if you were here. We're actually going to check out this apartment Peter found in an ad. Anyways I didn't hear from you yesterday."

"Yeah sorry. It's been a hectic day."

"No worries. So how was the show or whatever event you went to with Hayley?"

"The show?" I remember what Johnnie told me about being honest. "It was..." I sigh. "There was no event in Pennsylvania."

"What? Why?"

I'm quiet and look up to Hayley. She waves goodbye and gives me a thumbs up, then leaves the room. She got the hint that I want to be alone right now. I take a deep breath.

"Truth is...there was never anything going on in Pennsylvania. Hayley didn't win anything. I-I got these passes to come to this YouTube even in New Jersey. So I came with Hayley. I didn't tell you because I knew you would be upset and assume I'd hang out with Johnnie. I'm really sorry."

He's quiet. "Did you hang out with him?" He finally says.

I'm starting to feel sick. "Yes. But we only talked. That's it. I wanted to...we wanted to fix our friendship and talk things out."

"And did you?" He sounds really serious now.

"Yes..."

He's quiet again. "We'll talk when you get back. Enjoy the rest of your day."

"Riley I-"

He hangs up before I could say anything else.

Looks like I have a talk to look forward to. What have I done....

After composing myself from that phone call, I make my way to the convention hall to meet up with Hayley.

"Hey Skye over here!"

I hear Hayley call. She's sitting next to Kyle.

"Hey Hayley. And hey you must be Kyle."

He nods. "Yup. Glad to finally meet you. Everything's been pretty hectic around here."

"It has. Anyways have you guys seen Johnnie?" I needed someone to talk to and Hayley was obviously busy getting friendly with Kyle.

"I think he's still in his room." Kyle says. "I only came with Bryan and he's having his meet and greet now."

Guess he's either sleeping or editing. Most likely sleeping. Guess I'll go up there and see. "Thanks. I'll see you guys in a bit."

I start to make my way to his room while sending Hayley a quick message.

*Good luck with Kyle ;)*

I get to Johnnie's room and knock his door. Nothing. I knock again, this time louder. I could faintly hear blankets shuffling. I guessed right, he was sleeping. He finally opens the door. He has bed hair and looks dead. I can't help but giggle.