Rumor Mill

"And I don't ever wanna come back down from this feeling. What makes you think that you know what's better for me? And I don't think you wanna see what's underneath your made up version of me"

"We're at the 8th hole now. We've been playing as teams and I'm sure it's obvious who's in what team. The whole time Johnnie and Sammi are trailing far behind us, talking and giggling the entire time. It's getting annoying having to wait up or them.

"They seem to be hitting it off great, huh?" Peter says.

"Yeah I wonder what they're talking about that's so amusing." Adri says.

I am not interested whatsoever. Riley on the otherhand seems to like the idea of the two of them hanging out. Of course he does, IT WAS HIS IDEA AFTER ALL.

"I'm going to the bathroom, come with me Skye?" Adri says.

Without saying anything I hand Riley my putter and follow Adri. Once we're far enough, she stops me.

"Okay Skye. What's up with you?" She questions.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"You've been moping around the entire time we've been here. Are you jealous?"

"What?! Of course not!"

"So what is it then?"

I sigh. "I just feel uncomfortable around Sammi that's all. I mean you've seen the looks she gives me whenever I show up to practices. I feel like she doesn't like me."

"Aw Skye. You know I'm not happy about her being here either. I mean honestly I would rather have Johnnie tagging along with us instead of her any other day. But we just have to deal with it I guess. I mean she seems to really like Johnnie and all. So let's just try to have a good time and get on with it." She gives me a reassuring smile.

"You're right. I'm sorry for moping. Let's just head back before the guys start looking for us."

Okay maybe I am a little jealous. But I can't let Adri know that, I won't hear the end of it. Why am I even jealous in the first place?

We finally finish the course and decide to get something to eat. We all sit at a table while Sammi and Johnnie are sitting at a seperate table.

"So what movie do you guys want to see?" Riley asks.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm in the mood for horror. Blood and guts!" Peter says.

"Yeah man!" Riley high fives Peter. "You okay with that Skye?"

"Yeah sounds fine." I lie.

I hate, hate, HATE horror movies. Well I hate watching them in theaters. I could deal watching them in the comfort and safety of my own home, but in the loud, dark theater...nope.

"Hey guys we're about to head out to the movies. Ready?" Peter calls out to the other table.

"Yeah let's go." Sammi replies.

That's when I notice her grab a hold of Johnnie's hand as they walk towards us. Okay, not cool.

We get to the movies and lucky me I'm sitting in the middle, directly in front of the screen. Peter and Adri are sitting in front of us while Riley sits to my right and Johnnie and Sammi to my left. Just great. Of course Johnnie and I haven't spoken all day since he's been too busy with Sammi, clearly showing an interest. It's whatever. I lean over to Riley and hold onto his hand as the movie starts.

It's like what? Halfway through the movie and the whole time it's been murder after murder. Gallons and gallons of blood. I'm trying so hard not to look at the screen. Riley is so into the movie it's ridiculous. He's leaning forward just focusing his attention to the movie, forgetting his terrified girlfriend is sitting next to him. I look over to Johnnie and Sammi from the corner of my eye. I can see Johnnie watching the movie while Sammi is on her phone. A door slams in the movie, catching me off guard and scaring the shit out of me. I grab a hold of the arms rests, accidently holding onto Johnnie's hand for a split second. I immediately take my hand back, avoiding any eye contact with him. Awkward. Clearly this is too much for me. I finally get up and start to walk out.