I Think I'm Moving Forward

"Oh you don't have to mess with getting over anything. Being broken opens my eyes, wide enough to see I'm doing just fine without you. I hope that I'm fine without you."

I text my parents letting them know I got to my hotel in one piece. Johnnie and Bryan were nice enough to drop me off at the hotel I'm staying at. It's only 20 minutes away from their house so Johnnie and I are going to hang out later. Just want to freshen up and relax for a bit. Mostly relax. I'm still wondering why I felt super happy when I saw Johnnie. I know I missed him and all but it's like I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. Can this be that long lost feeling I thought I buried in the depths of my heart? No. It can't be. Ugh! I don't know anymore. I sit on the bed and take the rose he gave me from the night stand. I smile as I twirl it. Anything can happen right? I put the rose back down and unpack my things. I should get ready to hang out with Johnnie. He was coming over soon. My phone starts ringing. It's a private number. I wonder who that can be.

"Hello?"

"Skye?"

Fucking hell. Is it really him? "Riley?"

"Skye. Where are you? I-I need to talk to you! Where are you? Can we meet up? Or something? Please?"

Is he insane or something?

"Um no! What the hell Riley! You really think that I would-"

"Please Skye. I said I was sorry! I really am! I'm a fucking idiot and...I love you Skye!"

"Riley...have you been drinking?" I can hear a slur in his voice. Plus he's talking complete nonsense right now. Does he really think that I would even consider talking after what he did to me?

"A-A little." He stutters. "Please Skye can we talk? I-I need you!"

"No Riley what you need is sleep! There is nothing to talk about. Now good-"

"Don't leave me Skye. Please let me explain!"

I know this is usually the part where I listen to what he has to say. But no. He cheated on me. He's been drinking. He's a mess! I know I should be upset about this whole breakup. But truth is, I don't. And this right now, the way he's acting, just makes me realize how glad I am that we're not together.

"You've been drinking. You need to sleep."

"But can we talk? Meet up when I wake up?"

"No Riley! I'm not even home! Now go to sleep and leave me alone!

Before he can say anything else I hang up on him. I can't believe the nerve of that kid. He really thought that I would even consider talking to him. Whatever. I have to get ready. This shouldn't bother me. I'm single now. Ready to have an amazing, stress-free weekend with friends. And that's what I plan to do.

I take a quick shower and quickly get ready. Johnnie should be here any minute. That phone call distracted me from getting ready. I try to forget about that whole phone call and focus on what's really important. Do I still like Johnnie? I decide to leave my hair wavy and put on my usual makeup. I put on my black shorts and my Fall Out Boy tank. I slip on my Toms and put on my accessories. Okay I think I'm ready. But why do I feel nervous all of a sudden? UGH! I can't stand this feeling! I get a text. It's from Johnnie.

*I'm downstairs. Ready?*

This is it. I text him back.