Let Her Go

Adrian's P.O.V

"Adrian, something's happened. You need to come quickly."

My pen didn't leave the paper I was writing on. I clenched my teeth as I focused on what I was doing, ignoring Rhea, who had barged into my office demanding things of me.

"Not now, Rhea." I said sternly. I was starting to get sick and tired of this place, of my title as Alpha. I thought I had it bad when my parents died, but this just seems like a lot worse. Everything was falling apart, and my wolf and I were to exhausted to try and even attempt to put things together again.

Rhea's presence didn't leave my room. Instead, she stood there by the door, glaring at me.

I looked up from where I was sitting, an eyebrow raised as if to ask her what she was still doing here. "Can't you see I'm busy? Por favor, leave."

Rhea still remained glued to the floor, her jaw moving like she was trying to hold back a storm of words. "Alpha-," she began.

I stood up slowly and threateningly, my two large hands placed flat down on the table in front of me. I was getting angry now, Rhea wasn't letting up, and I was her Alpha, which meant she was either being disobedient or challenging me.

Before I could give her a piece of my mind, she blurted everything she was keeping from me, out in one go.

"Ailani has woken up but she has amnesia and she can't remember where she is or who I am or why she's here..."

"What do you mean, she can't remember?" I said persistently, coming round from my desk to the double doors of my office.

"She- she can't remember anything. Her memory only starts from everything that happened before she got here. She doesn't remember you, or any of the pack. She's back to square one."

I tried my best to be affected by the news, and desperately waited for the long, mournful cry of my wolf, a howl-  something to show of his agony.

But I felt nothing.

"Has she said anything?" I asked, walking beside Rhea. 

"Only that she wants to know where her parents are, and why she's not in her room." Rhea glanced at me, and I could have sworn I saw her face flinch as she saw the lack of expression on my face. "Is something wrong, Alpha?" We stopped outside of the door Ailani was in. 

Normally, my wolf would pounce with excitement, the thought of knowing that she was on the other side of the door too much for him to bear. 

But my wolf was still and silent. 

"Are you coming in, Alpha?" Rhea spoke up again, hesitating at the door handle. 

I shook my head in frustration. For some damned reason, I didn't want to see Ailani's face. 

"Alpha Adri-."

"My wolf doesn't remember her." 

I ripped the bandaid off like I had no other choice. I had to say it out loud, almost like speaking it made it seem even more real. 

"Sorry, what?" Rhea nearly choked on her own words. "That's not possi-."

"I said what I said, Rhea. My wolf does not see her as his mate. He's forgotten her. I don't think going in there is going to do me any good. Or her." 

Rhea looked at me, suppressing her thoughts with a small frown. She looked at the door and then back at me, I figured she was trying to make a decision. 

"Have you told anyone?" 

"I've told Solomon and that's it."

Rhea shook her head angrily. "You need to tell the Elders of the pack,  you need to tell them because they may have a solution to all of this-."

"This is the witch's doing, Rhea. You and I both know that. The Elders know nothing of her power, or what she is capable of. Telling them would only make things worse." I sighed as I spoke my feelings out, aware that there was a slight trembling in my voice. 

"Then what do you plan on doing? She is your mate, Alpha." Rhea's hissed at me in a low tone. 

Anyone would have taken a while to make a decision. But I knew right away what I had to do.

"Where are you going?" Rhea called after me, catching up with my retreating footsteps.

"Find Solomon and tell him to contact Ailani's parents. Book a plane flight for Ailani, Katie and Jack-,"

"But, Alpha-."

"Tell Ailani that she was indeed on vacation, but that it has ended now. They fly back home tomorrow."

"Alpha, truly you are making a mistake. You cannot leave her like this. Her soul is your other half, you need each other."

For the first time, I felt a pang in my chest. My wolf was still silent, but the truth of Rhea's words came at me by surprise. I clenched my teeth tightly. 

"Alpha?" Rhea's voice was quiet now, like it was her that was experiencing a heartbreak. 

"I've made my decision, Rhea. You are to do as I say, do you understand?" 

Her eyes were filling up with tears, as she nodded and held her head down low. 

"What are you going to do in the meantime, Alpha?" 

My eyes glowed for a split second, and my wolf growled in a wild rage. 

"I'm going to go speak to that witch." 

******

Sorry that this chapter is so short guys, but hope you like it. Thank you so much for 60,000 reads, and all your comments. 

If I can get more than 12 votes then I'll post the next chapter in 2 days time. 

Isabelle